PDA

View Full Version : bad morning

Anakonda69
09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
take a turn and hit the pedal and nothing. accelerates like a metro. have all 5 gears though. guessing either my brand new fuel filter is clogged or my injectors or injector plugs took a crap. any ideas?

DirtyMax
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
No CEL, "reduced power" warning light, codes, nothing on your DIC?

Maybe there is air in the fuel system from the filter swap. Try unscrewing the bleeder screw and pumping the shit out of the primer button...

Usually injector stuff goes out over time not suddenly, no?

If anything I'd say try the fuel filter first. And I just threw a 10k mile one out with the trash Friday that we could have at least used for testing. I have the wif sensor tool and the correct size filter wrench at the house if you want to come by and swap one out later. Just shoot me a PM.

UnderPSI
09-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Happened to me, Was the fuel filter. I primed it until fuel came out and it ran fine for a day. Then same thing you have. So I primed it again and got more air out. ran fine ever since.

Anakonda69
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
maf bolts loosened up and maf fell out of intake tube. got some new bolts at hardware store and all is well now. lol i thought my filter got clogged too, even though i only have 600 miles on it i know they clog at any/all times so.

Yeehaw
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
check the harness to injectors 2 and 7 they have issues which would cause that but usually the truck would miss bad and you would notice or else my guess would be a plugged fuel filter

94greenbandit
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
maf bolts loosened up and maf fell out of intake tube. got some new bolts at hardware store and all is well now. lol i thought my filter got clogged too, even though i only have 600 miles on it i know they clog at any/all times so.

So did you loctite those bolts this time. Hate to have that happen again.

Monstr913
09-15-2009, 11:48 AM
i think u should buy an Lb7 i never had problems with mine lol and look where my maf is it can't fall out

jon_we4
09-15-2009, 11:58 AM
take a turn and hit the pedal and nothing. accelerates like a metro. have all 5 gears though. guessing either my brand new fuel filter is clogged or my injectors or injector plugs took a crap. any ideas?

Did you just put the new filter in? I'd say its that and try what Brad said about prime'ing it again. Or try another filter.

Anakonda69
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
no loctite i wanna be able to get them out if need be. lol LB7'S SUCK!!! LLY FTW!!!

nitrous
09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
LLY overheating FTL!! :P

Anakonda69
09-15-2009, 07:55 PM
i have never had any issues with mine and the overheating. i do plan to do a lbz mouthpiece soon to help it breath a bit.