PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rear-ended and needs taillight

Al
09-14-2009, 02:26 AM
A few hours ago, I was on Ohio Street in downtown Chicago. I thought I would ride through town and look at the building site for the Chicago Spiral. I was sitting at a red light right in front of Uno's Pizzzaria. I had been there for 20 seconds with cars stopped all around me.

My bike suddenly jolted forward about a foot. I thought that I might have let off the clutch or something of that sort, but then I looked behind me and saw a few pieces of tail light on the ground. The driver was on his phone, but got off a few seconds later. About 50 people were on the sidewalk (eating uno's), watching to see what happened.

The driver of the car, named John, was cool about it. Right away, he pulled out his info and made a good effort to settle this. I told him that the damage was minor and all that it will need is a new tail light, which I could do myself in 10 minutes. He and I used our phones to try to find the cost of a new tail light, but only found a chromed version. We figured the chrome one cost about two Andrew Jacksons more so we settled at what seemed reasonable.

sooooooooooo

Does anyone here know where to find one of those flickering LED tail lights?

pOrk
09-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Ebay :) Wait, you have a sportster they stock parts for those things everywhere. Try the Harley Dealer on like 64th and layton, they seem to have a huge parts selection

Al
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I knew that already.

I'm not doing ebay. I've recieved too much junk from them.

But what about the brake lights that flicker when you hit the brakes?

pOrk
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
LED? Try calling Ride in New Berlin they could order it for you.

juicedimpss
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
A few hours ago, I was on Ohio Street in downtown Chicago. I thought I would ride through town and look at the building site for the Chicago Spiral. I was sitting at a red light right in front of Uno's Pizzzaria. I had been there for 20 seconds with cars stopped all around me.

My bike suddenly jolted forward about a foot. I thought that I might have let off the clutch or something of that sort, but then I looked behind me and saw a few pieces of tail light on the ground. The driver was on his phone, but got off a few seconds later. About 50 people were on the sidewalk (eating uno's), watching to see what happened.

The driver of the car, named John, was cool about it. Right away, he pulled out his info and made a good effort to settle this. I told him that the damage was minor and all that it will need is a new tail light, which I could do myself in 10 minutes. He and I used our phones to try to find the cost of a new tail light, but only found a chromed version. We figured the chrome one cost about two Andrew Jacksons more so we settled at what seemed reasonable.

sooooooooooo

Does anyone here know where to find one of those flickering LED tail lights?
www.brightasslights.com
seriously,intense.

Al
09-14-2009, 07:01 PM
www.brightasslights.com
seriously,intense.

Do want!

BoosTT
09-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Its a kit that makes your tail light flash 5 times when ever you hit the brakes. Its not built into the tail lights, IIRC.

Al
09-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I just found out that the cover for my rear light is only $32!!!

cheap80Z28
09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
go to j&p cycles webside. All kind of lights for the harley. The flash unit is called back-off, they have them for $40.

steve

Al
09-19-2009, 01:02 PM
j&p als has my tail lamp cover for $22!

lilws6
09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
there ya go cheaper then you thought i was gana rec. motorcycle superstore and bike bandit but not shure if they have harley tail lights

lilws6
09-20-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.bikebandit.com/harley-davidson-motorcycle-sportster-1200-sport-xl1200s-2003/o/m18403