PDA

View Full Version : If anyone cares.

number1
04-19-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure that anyone has seen my car around last year, But I installed all of my new parts and got it running this weekend. I guess I was just wondering where to get it dynoed. Anyone have any luck with one place over another, any cheap spots that you know of? Any help would be very helpful.

SlowStee
04-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Speed INC has a dyno, and information about everythign on their site....LS1speed.com.........thats all i can tell ya :)

Prince Valiant
04-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Bourchardt's speed shop has reasonable prices...around 70-80 IIRC

Crawlin
04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
You can try speed inc, but i think they are booked SOLID for a while. so the local place Borchardt's on 27th street may be a better place. And while a bit more expensive, you might get in sooner. Call up both places and ask for a guesstimate as to when you could get in.

Chris

Al
04-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Buy a G-TEC. One price and unlimited runs. Open 24-7-365.

number1
04-20-2004, 11:27 AM
I have a g-tech, I want to do some tuning on the dyno. I have a really bad cam surge at 2 grand.

Syclone0044
04-25-2004, 08:39 PM
I've never been to a dyno before. Is it true that you must let someone else operate the vehicle? Any dynos that let you operate your own vehicle? What if you have an automatic transmission? Someone who has never driven that vehicle is not going to know how to "feel" when the shift point is just about to occur to be able to hit WOT and get all of the gear sampled. Plus what if something goes out of spec under WOT; how are they going to know to let off the gas. I can "feel" my own cars better than anyone else simply due to all the time in the seat and analyzing real time datalogging.