PDA

View Full Version : Packers squeeze one out

94greenbandit
09-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Last minute TD and then an INT. Cutler isn't looking to good for the bears now is he. Defense did a pretty good job tonight

70challenger452
09-13-2009, 10:52 PM
wow, that was quite the game, quite sloppy but sill very entertaining.

MurphysLaw88GT
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
damned good game.

Lash
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Cutler isn't looking to good for the bears now is he. Defense did a pretty good job tonight

Can't blame it all on him. The O-line sucked as did he receivers.

I bet him and ARog are gonna be a little sore on monday...lol. They took beatings!!!

PB86MCSS
09-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Great game...well, exciting anyway. Whew.

Holeshot
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Can't blame it all on him. The O-line sucked as did he receivers.

I bet him and ARog are gonna be a little sore on monday...lol. They took beatings!!!

Agreed. Bears defense was terrible. On our offense Allen Barbre was very weak, allowing the Bears to get to Rogers.

gottwins?
09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
When cutler settled down the second half he looked like himself (being a charger fan I got to watch him a lot). His receivers sucked badly though...in half of the interceptions they would just stop in their routes. :durr Cutler will give you guys a hard time if he ever gets some receivers...Forte isn't anything special though..when you carry the ball 83% of the time you will obviously have good numbers.

Philly-O
09-14-2009, 12:30 AM
missed the end of the game cause my u-verse "lost network" after the bears field goal.

Karps TA
09-14-2009, 07:38 AM
The Packers needed a nice eye opening game like that after their cupcake preseason. Way too many people saw their preseason and just assumed they were going to blow everybody out. Look what happens when teams actually gameplan.

Nice seeing Rodgers finally come thru at the end of a game and win one. That's a big step for him to go from being a nice fantasy football player, to a NFL winning QB. But he is not going to last the season if the OL is going to let him get creamed like that all season long.

Defense looked great, I love seeing the constant pressure. It's nice to see Collins hasn't changed. Gives up a big play, and of course has to leave the field hurt. EVERY single time he misses a tackle or a coverage he leaves hurt only to miracously come back 2 plays later as if nothing happened. Woodson looks a little slow, that may be some cause for concern.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
rodgers and cutler both threw a lot of passes that should have been caught.

tbarsch
09-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Where's Tauscher? Barbre was awful...

94greenbandit
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
rodgers and cutler both threw a lot of passes that should have been caught.

The Packers caught 4 of Cutlers passes :banana

Karps TA
09-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Bears lost Urlacher for the season.

Ouch.

Holeshot
09-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Where's Tauscher?

Not on the Packers roster this year.

Karps TA
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Tauscher is still recovering from knee surgery I believe. He got hurt real late in the season.

Nix
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM

Ouch.

huh? What happened to him?

Holeshot
09-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Ouch.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=6106

badass88gt
Dislocated right wrist.

07ROUSHSTG3

Ouch.

wow. sucks for them. :banana1:

94greenbandit
09-14-2009, 01:26 PM
You would think that he could just cast it and still play

07ROUSHSTG3
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM

yeah. i guess a dislocated wrist is worse than a fractured wrist. guys play with fractures all the time?!?!?! he didn't look in any pain on the sideline last night........well, no physical pain anyways, LOL!

gottwins?
09-14-2009, 01:53 PM

Players aren't like that anymore...it seems like hes just going to break something else if he goes back in, hes done. He looked slow, old, and couln't tackle to save his life...sure could get a cheap shot in though.

Karps TA
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
When did he get in a cheap shot? That hit on Rodgers was perfectly legal, and had it been Barnett doing it to Cutler, Packers fans would be thinking he was a god.

Oh and speaking of Barnett can cut his damn hair. Apparently he think's that's what make Palumalu a great player. Atleast I didn't see his damn samurai sword celebration last night. He's definetly one of my least favorite Packers ever.

Holeshot
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
The only really poor call I saw last night was against Al Harris for illegal contact.

gottwins?
09-14-2009, 02:31 PM
When did he get in a cheap shot? That hit on Rodgers was perfectly legal, and had it been Barnett doing it to Cutler, Packers fans would be thinking he was a god.

Oh and speaking of Barnett can cut his damn hair. Apparently he think's that's what make Palumalu a great player. Atleast I didn't see his damn samurai sword celebration last night. He's definetly one of my least favorite Packers ever.

I never said it wasn't legal, but if I had a dollar for every time I saw a ref flag a defender for even pushing a quarterback seconds after he threw I would have plenty of gas money! much less a knockout hit. I can give 2 fucks about Rodgers though...I just call it how I see it, obviously anyone on the opposing team will cheer on the other quarterback getting hammered. I cheered countless times when cutler would get knocked out with the broncos...I was just stating that it was probably his best hit (maybe only hit)of the night . LoL

Lash
09-14-2009, 02:57 PM
There is no way Urlacher is going to sit out the whole season. $20 says he'll be back in cast by week 6.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
The only really poor call I saw last night was against Al Harris for illegal contact.

all in all, i thought that the refs let them play. i thought for sure that there would be a roughing the kicker on that one punt.

Holeshot
09-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Mc Carthy's thougts on his O line

(Did you come close to making a change at right tackle during the game?)
We were frustrated, but I think that goes for anytime things don't go well, and everybody wants to pin it on one person. That's why you need to look at the film. I thought the communication was good. The things that were discussed on the boundary, also the conversations at halftime, Allen Barbre's performance actually improved in the second half, so that's a positive we'll take forward. But I'll say this about Allen. He wasn't the only one who didn't play very well up front. Our protection unit did not play well, and that was a major cause for our frustration and our inability to move the football. The Bears defensive line did a very good job getting after our front last night, and we did not handle it very well.

(So you're not going to make any changes on the offensive line?)
We've got work to do. That's what we're going to do here at 12:30.

(So you're committed to keeping Barbre in the starting lineup for Sunday?)
Allen Barbre will start this Sunday, yes. The whole offensive line needs to improve from today to Sunday. That will be one of the objectives when we go in and make the corrections.

CPonyGo
09-14-2009, 03:16 PM
nothing wrong with the hit on Aaron..it was solid for sure...they say the whole season but I would put money that if he can- he will (Urlacher) will try and play...

Cutler well blame his line receivers whatever- he successfully threw 4 and probably could have had 6-7 ...he just plain sucked...on his throwing end and some receive corp...

Karps TA
09-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Mc Carthy's thougts on his O line

(Did you come close to making a change at right tackle during the game?)
We were frustrated, but I think that goes for anytime things don't go well, and everybody wants to pin it on one person. That's why you need to look at the film. I thought the communication was good. The things that were discussed on the boundary, also the conversations at halftime, Allen Barbre's performance actually improved in the second half, so that's a positive we'll take forward. But I'll say this about Allen. He wasn't the only one who didn't play very well up front. Our protection unit did not play well, and that was a major cause for our frustration and our inability to move the football. The Bears defensive line did a very good job getting after our front last night, and we did not handle it very well.

(So you're not going to make any changes on the offensive line?)
We've got work to do. That's what we're going to do here at 12:30.

(So you're committed to keeping Barbre in the starting lineup for Sunday?)
Allen Barbre will start this Sunday, yes. The whole offensive line needs to improve from today to Sunday. That will be one of the objectives when we go in and make the corrections.

I call BS, you made this up!

Not one reference to Pad Level is what gives it away.

Holeshot
09-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I call BS, you made this up!

Not one reference to Pad Level is what gives it away.
:rolf

http://packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/14/1/

flyin_blue_egg
09-14-2009, 06:26 PM

yea....not to mention the fact that they showed the replay and he made contact with him a FIVE yards!!!....yes i understand that it's a judgement call, but I bet even if it happened at 6-7 yards 95% of refs wouldn't call it. and on top of that, the play went to other way. To me it shouldn't be called unless the play was going that way