PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fix Large Screen tv's ?

modmachz
09-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I have a 65" Mitsubishi WS65857 that I am getting a green shadow around white objucts, i tried the convergeance and that did nothing.. I changed my receiver saturday and problem started when packer game was on.. green shadows around lite colored objects or people??

tv is a 2001 model

SSLEVO
09-13-2009, 11:40 PM
It's probably the convergence board. My 42" projection is doing the same thing with the blue. It's pretty expensive usually since they replace the board. I think you can just replace some of the capacitors on the board and that should fix it. I haven't tried it yet though, lol. Maybe google "projection tv convergence problem" or something like that.

pOrk
09-14-2009, 07:28 AM
What did you do when you say you " tried the convrgence " ? Did you replace the chips? Replace the board?

I can replace the chips for you if you bring me the board for a few bucks, my brother and I just fixed a 61" Zenith by replacing the chips

CPonyGo
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Eric- you got that big ol one working then???? congrats

BoosTT
09-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Did is slowly start to break or was it all of a sudden?

Capacitors from that era are known bad. The chinese stole the specs for the capacitors and never made them correctly. They burst. See if they look expanded. I guess that'll be difficult, if you don't look at a lot of capacitors though. This is the reason many computers from that era also locked up a lot when they got older. Many computers had these caps on their motherboards.

The big problem is that no one makes replacement caps that work. You can try to ram some larger ones in though.

modmachz
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
What did you do when you say you " tried the convrgence " ? Did you replace the chips? Replace the board?

I can replace the chips for you if you bring me the board for a few bucks, my brother and I just fixed a 61" Zenith by replacing the chips

I just tried to adjust the setting by getting the colors in the crosshairs..If It could be fixed pretty cheap I may do That!!

If it is to expensive I will shoot this fucking thing in the lake and go buy a new samsung 55"

pOrk
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
To give you an idea on price, look up your model number via google to see which convergence chips your board uses. Then ebay the convergence chip number and see if they are available and how much they cost.

Holeshot
09-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I have the same year 55" version of that TV. We had it serviced in our home. Apparently the factory cold welds on the board fail and cause this problem.. Cost me $250 to have it fixed but it was well worth it. That was back in 05 we had fixed. Still works great.

pnad
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
You need to join this forum:
http://www.hometheaterspot.com/

Nice FAQ's on how to fix common problems with Mitsu TV's.

I replaced the caps on my power board and my convergence IC's. Cheap and easy to do if you have a little patience.

modmachz
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Its fixed, now I am having a 55" Toshiba LED Installed thursday.

Anybody want to by my mits 450.00

SSLEVO
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Its fixed, now I am having a 55" Toshiba LED Installed thursday.

Anybody want to by my mits 450.00

Lol, how much did that repair bill cost you? 2500? :rolf

modmachz
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=SSLEVO;578057]Lol, how much did that repair bill cost you? 2500? :rolf[/QUOTE

Not A Dime... L.O.L:banana1: