PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for some local Dealers

Plum Crazy
09-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I found out today that Palmen Buick GMC just lost its GM Franchise, The deal with Van Horn buying Lemay Fell thru and they are expected to close by the end of the month and I heard that Frank Bucher Chevrolet lost Cadillac. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Car Guy
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Three words, Obama......:goof

Plum Crazy
09-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I seriously doubt Obama made Keith LeMay sell flood cars as new and pocket the money, as well as the 4 Cadillacs he sold and pocketed the money.

Car Guy
09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
*See emoticon after statement* (:goof) :thumbsup

Plum Crazy
09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
*See emoticon after statement* (:goof) :thumbsup

I was waiting for someone to drag politics into this. sorry. I was really hoping someone else could expand on this, i only know alittle about the Palmen GM store and Boucher. My boss (at Palmen Chrysler in Keno) wouldnt confirm nor deny that the Palmen GM store lost its Franchise, but i heard from one of their parts drivers that they did.

05caddyext
09-11-2009, 08:39 PM
All dealers are going to lose Cadillac. Its part of the restructuring of GM. Cadillac is going to open its own dealerships to help increase brand loyalty and differentiate itself from Chevy and GMC.

03CVLX
09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Exactly what I was assuming. Cadillac will become a stand alone luxury brand like Lexus etc. Buick & GMC brands will be together and Chevrolet will remain a stand alone brand

As far as Lemay. GM may have had a hand in that sale falling apart, its hard to say. They may want full control of that franchise for awhile due to the illegal dealings that evidently went on there. This is obviously just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if something like that happened.

As far as Palmen loosing the buick/GMC franchise was there anything else sold at that location other than Buick/GMC?

95_Gt
09-11-2009, 09:23 PM
I work at boucher ford in kenosha as a tech.We just hired someone from the lemay in kenosha.From what i heard someone bought lemay and I didnt hear about the buyer backing out.I didnt hear anything about boucher losing cadillac.

Plum Crazy
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I work at boucher ford in kenosha as a tech.We just hired someone from the lemay in kenosha.From what i heard someone bought lemay and I didnt hear about the buyer backing out.I didnt hear anything about boucher losing cadillac.

Van Horn was going to buy it, but the deal fell through, i have a few friends that work at LeMay and they have heard speculation that they will close at the end of the month. All the guys at lunch today (Palmen in Keno) were guessing that Palmen wanted the GM store to go away so he could buy LeMay and corner the Kenosha market, but again, purely speculation. My boss said that GM didnt want dealers in both Racine and Kenosha. I asked her "what about Lemay going under?" She said "thats all i can say right now"

Car Guy
09-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Why GM still has GMC is beyond me......:chair:

Plum Crazy
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Exactly what I was assuming. Cadillac will become a stand alone luxury brand like Lexus etc. Buick & GMC brands will be together and Chevrolet will remain a stand alone brand

As far as Lemay. GM may have had a hand in that sale falling apart, its hard to say. They may want full control of that franchise for awhile due to the illegal dealings that evidently went on there. This is obviously just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me if something like that happened.

As far as Palmen loosing the buick/GMC franchise was there anything else sold at that location other than Buick/GMC?

They had Pontiac and they also sold Medium duty GMC trucks.

wrath
09-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Why GM still has GMC is beyond me......:chair:

Because GM sold more GMCs than Ford sold Lincoln-Mercury-Volvo combined last month. Hell, GM sold more GMCs last month than Toyota sold Lexus' and twice as many Scions. So for a "trivial" brand, it sure does work.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pontiac came back as a niche brand once Obama gets canned. Pontiac sold 10,000 more cars last month than Lincoln-Mercury-Volvo combined, or more than Scion and Lexus combined.

03CVLX
09-11-2009, 11:25 PM
They had Pontiac and they also sold Medium duty GMC trucks.

Well, that blows that idea. I had heard if a dealer were selling a competing brand in the same store they basically had to pick one brand or the other.

lordairgtar
09-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Because GM sold more GMCs than Ford sold Lincoln-Mercury-Volvo combined last month. Hell, GM sold more GMCs last month than Toyota sold Lexus' and twice as many Scions. So for a "trivial" brand, it sure does work.

I.
But you don't see Scions badged as Toyotas over here. I mean what is the difference between a GMC or Chevy truck?

wrath
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
But you don't see Scions badged as Toyotas over here. I mean what is the difference between a GMC or Chevy truck?

But they are the same vehicle as another Toyota. Lexus is ripe with the same thing. The ES350 and the Camry sure look similar...

Got sit in a Sierra and a Silverado. They are the same but different. The doors, cab, and tailgate are the only sheetmetal that are the same.

PB86MCSS
09-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I'd say GMC vs Chevy trucks is a good example of badge engineering. GMC might of sold well but if they were Chevrolets the same trucks would probably of sold. Just another brand hanging around that doesn't need to be, IMO.

Rocket Power
09-12-2009, 08:50 AM
i'd say gmc vs chevy trucks is a good example of badge engineering. Gmc might of sold well but if they were chevrolets the same trucks would probably of sold. Just another brand hanging around that doesn't need to be, imo.
qft

Red97GTP
09-12-2009, 09:15 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Pontiac came back as a niche brand once Obama gets canned. Pontiac sold 10,000 more cars last month than Lincoln-Mercury-Volvo combined, or more than Scion and Lexus combined.

BUT, last month cash for clunkers was going on, and with the $45,000 cap, I'm not surprised that Lexus was outsold by GMC's.

Waver
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM

How is this a reason why Gm keeps GMC? The true reason is that Gmc sells commercial trucks, and they do it very well, take away the sales of vehicles that are like their chevy counterpart, and you have worse sales. For that matter, How can you compair the sales of GMC's to three luxo car lines?

pOrk
09-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Mercury is a luxery car like a pinto was a race car

Waver
09-12-2009, 09:47 AM
I would compare it more to buick, so what ever you consider Buick, there you go

Beagle
09-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Whats up with Don Jacobs Mitsubishi and Subaru on 27th street? I was driving past there the other night and the lot had maybe 20 cars in it. It looked bad. Anybody no whats up with that place?

murdoc158
09-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Whats up with Don Jacobs Mitsubishi and Subaru on 27th street? I was driving past there the other night and the lot had maybe 20 cars in it. It looked bad. Anybody no whats up with that place?

Out of business. The Subaru stock was bought up by Dodge/Subaru City on 27th, and the new Wilde Subaru in Waukesha. Not sure what happened to Mitsubishi though.

lordairgtar
09-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Mercury is a luxury car like a pinto was a race car
Mercury was intended always to be one step up from Ford, like a Buick is to Chevrolet. Mercurys always had better appointments than Ford did. It was a luxurious mid range car, no Lincoln to be sure, but better appointed than Ford.;)

Rocket Power
09-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Mercury is a luxery car like a pinto was a race car

http://www.draglist.com/photoimages/Photos-RayRay/Full%20Size/bobwally.jpg

Mercs must be luxurious :rolf

wrath
09-12-2009, 07:05 PM
How is this a reason why Gm keeps GMC? The true reason is that Gmc sells commercial trucks, and they do it very well, take away the sales of vehicles that are like their chevy counterpart, and you have worse sales. For that matter, How can you compair the sales of GMC's to three luxo car lines?

Successful badge engineering. GMC sells are sorts of things. GMC has the upper end of GM's truck market with the Denalis. And they're pretty bling. The others are badge-engineered as well.

BUT, last month cash for clunkers was going on, and with the $45,000 cap, I'm not surprised that Lexus was outsold by GMC's.

Probably count percentage of models below $45k and it'd be comparable. Probably count total sales of vehicles along the pricerange and you'd find the same thing. I'm too lazy to bother.. Besides, hardly ever do you see anything but ES and GS sedans.

Larrygto
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
So I imagine this is why Lemay only has like three cars in their lot.

88Nightmare
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
I noticed Braeger Chrysler now has Mitsubishis there........

BAD LS1
09-14-2009, 01:27 PM
whats up with griffin mopar in the falls? They like dissapeared over night, all the itchypussies are gone too.

WhatsADSM
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Ahh... that makes sense.

The Cadi dealer up the road from me (Amato Cadillac) one day about 2-3 weeks ago just put up a vinyl "Nissan" banner over the "Cadillac" sign. So it looks like Amato Cadillac in Glendale is now Amato Nissan.

Plum Crazy
09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
I learned today that Carmax is loosing Chevy in Kenosha too!!!

Larrygto
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm getting emails from Lemay offering discounts so it looks like there still around.

For now!!:goof

Crawlin
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
WOW. I'm so glad I went back to school. I'd hate to be counting on a job and income and then have the rug just pulled out. I missed that by 1 month with Dodge City, hahha

SMOKDU
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
it is funny on the side lines all the rumors you here. i laugh because i know the truth to most of them. chris this is not a rumor. Steve S is Gone. he got the AXE by my old man... WOW is all i can say.......