PDA

View Full Version : Mothers, Fathers, Friends, Fireman, Brothers, Sister, Newlywed's, Proud Americans ..

awsomeears
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
........ spent there last night on this earth tonight :crying

They had no clue, no warning, absolutely no thought of being apart of the most horrific terrorist act in US history.

September 11th 2001

My deepest thoughts and prayers go out !!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/National_Park_Service_9-11_Statue_of_Liberty_and_WTC_fire.jpg

Rocket Power
09-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Can't believe it's been 8 years already.....

RanJer
09-10-2009, 11:38 PM
can't believe it's been 8 years already.....

qft!!!!!!!!!

That_Guy
09-10-2009, 11:43 PM
i remember it like it was yesterday.. im still shocked/pissed about it.

Yooformula
09-10-2009, 11:46 PM
i remember it like it was yesterday.. im still shocked/pissed about it.

A friend of mine, Judy Fernandez (http://www.voicesofsept11.org/dev/memorial_biography.php?idbio=444574338) died that day and family members were stuck trying to get out of the towers. I have never not thought of it at least once a day.

read (http://books.google.com/books?id=ec-BbEYofIsC&pg=PA183&lpg=PA183&dq=judy+h.fernandez+9-11&source=bl&ots=9-qhUvTJ3h&sig=ifX1XyVzgIP0lOY2x8rYi3beAm4&hl=en&ei=w9apSu3xGIiGnQfTo4mlDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=&f=false)

07ROUSHSTG3
09-11-2009, 07:00 AM
yeah. still gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Doc Brown
09-11-2009, 07:31 AM
http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/obama.jpg

^^^ "What is this "terrorism" of which you speak"?

Doc Brown
09-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Personally, I think it's deplorable that there are people of a particular political persuasion that would have us forget the events of that day, our measured response to it, and even the very terminology we use to define our enemies and the acts they commit.

They may want to sweep all traces of the past 8 years under the rug, but feeling, caring, real Americans will never forget that day.

PureSound15
09-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Please, do not turn this into a political discussion.

Doc Brown
09-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm not the one that politicized 9/11.

You must understand, this day tends to bring to the surface a lot of raw emotions and memories about that day for many people. Not just sadness, but justified anger as well. Anger toward the monsters that committed and supported this act, and to a lesser extent anger toward those that would rewrite history and justify that what our enemies did that day was somehow not as bad as we think it was. For me, my emotions about this day are a package deal, so to focus on the sadness while forgetting the anger is to dishonor the memory of the innocent people killed that day.

I simply wanted to make my point, it just happened to be political in nature. Sorry, but it is what it is, and it is valid within the confines of a 9/11 remembrance thread.

xxtremeteam
09-11-2009, 08:58 AM
In my mind this day will always be a day mourning not a day of service

OxmanWI
09-11-2009, 09:54 AM
God Bless America!

Irish
09-11-2009, 09:55 AM

00FlowCamaro
09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
On the Brew this morning there was a little discussion on how there werent actually planes that crashed into the towers, but some kind of gov't deal.

Yooformula
09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
fukking bullshit. unless they were standing there and saw something other than a fukking plane they should shut up and not disrespect those that died that day. I have family and friends that were standing there watching a fukking plane hit the damm towers.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
fukking bullshit. unless they were standing there and saw something other than a fukking plane they should shut up and not disrespect those that died that day. I have family and friends that were standing there watching a fukking plane hit the damm towers.

yup. fuck anyone who beleives that it was someone other than a bunch of pissed off muslims. i watched a special on tv the other night, or tried to watch a special. i was sooo pissed that i had to turn that shit off. the show was about the conspiracy theorys out there. the wierdos that believe in that stuff, now known as "truthers" are a bunch of wackos that need to be put in a plane and flown into a mountainside.

don't know about the rest of you, but i still have a hard time watching the footage from that day. watching the firefighters and police running towards the towers when others were running away. most of them knew when they entered that there was a very good chance they were not coming out. still, they climbed those steps, helping people, not giving in, not allowing the thought of death to get in the way of their job. when someone looks back in 100 years at the United States of America and what we stood for that day, I sure hope that the spirit of those men and women are what is remembered. Remember the people that wouldn't sit back and let them take their plane. When you are facing death in the face and still have the courage to do what is right, that is a hero IMO. regardless of your political affiliation, or personal views on what has happened since, i think it is important that history gets written correctly. for a short time that day, the United States of America was united. Some in tears, some in shock, some in fear, but united none the less. As we sit here arguing about health care, GOD in public schools, taxes, labor unions, and whatever else, it all seems pretty irrelevant today doesn't it?? does to me. alright, I'm done. sorry, i get kind of worked up over this. :(

Deggy
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I was sitting in English class when the first tower was hit.

Hard to believe its already been this long since it happened.

Rest in peace to all of those who were in the towers.

OxmanWI
09-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I was sitting in English class when the first tower was hit.

Hard to believe its already been this long since it happened.

Rest in peace to all of those who were in the towers.

Yup me too, second period, English class, Senior year of high school, I will remember that day for the rest of my life. God Bless the men and women who gave there life that day.

Yooformula
09-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I was sleeping when the first plane hit and my wife was yelling to get up. I initially thought a small plane must have hit a tower again until I saw the smoke billowing out then almost immediately the 2nd plane hit as I was watching it. I was in such shock, I couldnt even dial the phone and didnt know who to call first. I cried alot that day and watching victims jump from the top of the towers made me crack.

I remember going to work in tower 2 with my mom when I was young and looking out of her window terrified about falling from that height. Now in my adult life, I had to watch many people make the choice to jump rather than burn and suffocate to death. The sounds of the bodies crashing into the foyer still ring in my ears. To say I get heated listening to people and their bullshit theories regarding that day is an understatement.

Doc Brown
09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
When I think about 9/11 during the course of my life (which ends up being far more often than I ever thought I would) I try to visually put myself in the shoes of a firefighter rushing up the stairs; someone looking out a window to see a jet coming right at them; a person on one of the floors above the carnage, cut off from help or escape, or a frightened passenger on one of the planes. What must they have seen, heard, thought and felt? I try to determine what it must have been like for each of them from the onset to the end, and I simply can't wrap my mind around actually going through that, or having to make the terrible choice between going out on my own terms, or waiting for an equally terrible , but inevitable, fate.

I'm sorry you lost a friend that day, Yoo. I did not personally know any actual victims from that day, but the sense of loss as an American was just as strong.

Silver86
09-11-2009, 03:52 PM
RIP

i was eating breakfast, getting ready for work around the time the first plane hit. then watched the 2nd plane hit as i was about to leave. this is something i will never forget.

Rocket Power
09-11-2009, 05:40 PM
I was riding my wife's Katana to work so I didn't hear anything about the first plane till I got to work. Then we heard about the second one on the radio. I was getting ready for a test on a Smart car (somebody wanted to import them back then from europe). At lunch we went to watch the coverage at a co-workers house. Then the long rest of the day wondering what else may happen. I remember the lines of people filling up with gas in Mukwonago where I lived at the time.

nismodave
09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Never Forget!!

VroomPshhTsi
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Please, do not turn this into a political discussion.

x2

Reverend Cooper
09-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Kinda still urks me that we haven't completed what we started in Iraq and Afghanistan. Seems like the twin tower casualties meant nothing.

MoCkiN U
09-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I just got home from work and wanted to share a newspaper I kept from the chicago tribune from September 16th, 2001. Obviously days after 9/11 took place but they had time to investigate a tad and print it in media. There are timelines, newer facts at that time, and striking photos.

Just puts a fresh image to such a horrible day

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/IMG00252-20090911-2353.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/IMG00253-20090911-2353.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/IMG00254-20090911-2354.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/IMG00255-20090911-2354.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/IMG00256-20090911-2354.jpg

I still cant get over the image of the fire department priest dead in his chair with the fireman carrying him away from the scene. And yes, that was printed in a public newspaper for the Chicago Tribune. Just unreal to have a paper print images of bodies falling from the towers from those jumpers

CPonyGo
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
My wife and I had just been there and had pics of us taken on the top platform of the tower..awesome...only to have her frantically waking me to show it to me on tv and we sat all day..in shock....watching all unfold