PDA

View Full Version : Answer me this

GRAMPS SS
09-06-2009, 08:13 PM
this has been on my mind for YEARS, and we have talked about it alot for years...but we talked about it today at length....and i would like to see what some of you that not only OWN A CAR YOU SHOW...or as a person that goes to shows to look the cars over and be with friends....

1) why is it that the person with the cars has to pay to BE IN THE SHOW AND BE THE SHOW...and Spectators get in for free...Granted it has been this way for years...but why is it this way, since the cars that come are the show...

2) why not charge both since most shows are for charity...so some say.3)..or let the cars in free and charge the spectators....

Hell WOW charges both, granted most out door shows are not the same as WOW...but....it works for them....

so without toooo many flamers here..and i know that there are many...try to answer this civil....

PureSound15
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
There are WAYYY too many small shoes in Wisconsin. Many other states (especially southern, obviously) have fewer shows... but they're gigantic, and they usually do charge both.

For BCM shows - we've left it to donation because it is for charity. If we had 1 show that we did on the same date every year and it continue to grow, we could eventually invite the cars for fee and charge patrons or have it by donation only.

My point is - with so much tiny shows, it's hard to compete to get cars to come to yours rather than the 4 other free shows that weekend. I, personally, get sick of seeing the same cars at small shows, but I do love huge shows that attract cars from other parts of the midwest.

pOrk
09-06-2009, 09:39 PM
This is Wisconsin, home of the cheapest assholes in the Midwest. If you charged admission to a show, no one would go.

I am one of those cheap assholes, and I only go to WOW on thursdays for a reason. I don't pay to look at cars I can see at any other show during the summer for free.

BadAzzGTA89
09-06-2009, 11:25 PM
That's why you seen a lot of cars parked on the street today cause lots of people are to cheap to pay 8 bucks to enter there car and get a goodie bag hell when i go to 3rd gen fest i pay a fee to enter my car there also...

Arigmaster
09-07-2009, 08:31 AM
When I had the Charger, I only officially entered it in three shows. All were fund raisers except the Goodguys show in Waukesha. So, I didn't really mind paying to enter. I am sure there are some expenses to the promoters for the Trophies/Plaques and advertising etc.

They hope that the events will attract other people to buy other stuff (raffle tickets, T-shirts or whatever) to raise more money... In my own opinion, I don't mind it as long as the proceeds are going to a good cause.

lordairgtar
09-07-2009, 11:24 PM
We at the Wisconsin Street Rod Association have always charged five bucks for the spectators at our corn roast in FDL. We get a lot of customers.

kirks5oh
09-07-2009, 11:38 PM
because the people running the show figure if you're going to get a dash plaque and goody bag, as well as have the shot at winning trophies/etc., you should pay for that opportunity. most people that go to an average run-of-the-mill car show would not pay admission--plain and simple

jbiscuit
09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
we are also one of the few states that charges the car's owners to park in the show lol. A lot of the "large" shows are invite. Its a privelege to be in the show and an honor to get recognized as worthy of that particular show. There will always be $$ involved since the venue wants a cut to use the parking lot. But yea its ghey to have to PAY to go to a car show. The Chevy Vettefest in Chicago is an exception tho that show is like $15 a head to get in. BUT the quality of vehicles in that show is insane. A whole row of Harrell, Nickey and COPO cars? Very cool. Unrestored 67 Nickey 427 4-speed Biscayne that has never left Chicago since new. Very cool. Must see show IMO even considering the loot involved. Once you have been to some other states and seen the quality of vehicles at even a cruise night, our "pay admission" car shows are laughable. Anyone that has been to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank, CA can agree. The cars parked on the side streets were better than our show cars and those were the "drivers." :)