PDA

View Full Version : Real gas stations around?

02hawk796
04-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Well, looks like my favorite gas places from last year have turned into BP, plus I spend more time in a different part of town.
So I was wondering if you all can tell me of other places I can use this year.
I'll start with the places I know about, and maybe you'll be able to tell me what I missed.

Up I-43, the closest I found was a 24/7 place, I think Phillips66, might have been Hwy V in Sheb Co. I was told Cedar Grove and Ooostburg had nothing.
I didn't find any 24hour places in Random Lake.
Adell Mobil on 57 @ A has great access and is roomy, but not 24hour I think.
Cascade had a Citgo, but don't think it was 24hour.
The Citgo in Waucosta at 45 & F had great access, but didn't think it was 24hour.
Campbellsport only had a BP I found, and it's not 24hour.
Lomira has Exxon at 41 & 67 (exit 85), but the smoke is so bad there I can't breathe while waiting to pay for gas. Mobil there not 24hour. Other gas there didn't think was 24hour.
Citgo in Theresa wasn't 24hour, and the curb seemed severe, be kinda rough on my Hawk getting in & out intact.
Mayville did seem a bit out of the way, for a quick fillup and go. Didn't recall any 24hour places, either.
Neosho and Ashippun I went to last year, but Ashippun already changed to BP, and Neosho supposed to soon. Sux because Neosho had such fun roads on the way.
Ixonia has the BP, and another BP at I-94 & F (exit 275), but didn't see any non-BP places.
Out I-94, next is Exit 267, Hwy 26. Shell is 24 hour, but Citgo/KFC/A&W isn't 24hour. North in Watertown only had KwikTrip and Speedway.
I-94 exit259 (Lake Mills) has Lake Oasis Citgo, but I just realized they're putting lower octane gas in the Higher pumps.
Sullivan said they weren't 24hour (think it was Mobil). Kinda busy inytersection, but I think I can get the Hawk in and out OK there.
I was told Palmyra had no 24hour places. Didn't find a Mobil either - did I miss one?
East Troy (I-43 exit 38) has Clark, Shell, Marathon, and Exxon is switching to BP now. Plus that little hole off the next exit. I take the truck to Mobil and have to hold my breathe to pay inside, but at least they're quick about it. However, I don't know if I can get the Hawk across the curbway intact, and with the busy intersection and being a one-way busy highway (Hwy20 bypass), I'd be sure to mess up the car before the summer's out.
Farther on 43, Elkhorn had a 24hour Speedway at H & 67 I think. The Citgo by I-43 closed at night I recall.
I've never found any real gas places south of East Troy (or I-43) that were open at night except Shell.

So, what did I miss?

I'm hoping for a Mobil, closest to Franklin, better if it's 24hour. Non-Speedway/SA I prefer. Also need gradual curb/gutters to get across without scraping. My plates at front & rear clear about 10inches off the deck.
And no Shell.
Thanks for your help.

Cryptic
04-18-2004, 12:12 PM
Shell
East Troy.
no ethanol
me happy
:shades

- notice no cliff notes are required for my posts -

BAD LS1
04-18-2004, 12:32 PM
So Andy,

Did i end up costing you trouble last night hahaha??

Is the GF begging you for a fast car of her own now??:goof

WhiteZCamaro
04-18-2004, 12:42 PM
I love living ten min. away from sullivan so I can get the good gas, and diesil is cheaper there too.:thumbsup

02hawk796
04-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZCamaro
I love living ten min. away from sullivan so I can get the good gas, and diesil is cheaper there too.:thumbsup
Is that the Mobil, or some other one?

Andy, that's a duplicate mention, I already listed that. No Shell.

Cryptic
04-18-2004, 12:49 PM
do'oh! I didnt read that far into it
me 0wnT :nutkick

I still dont understand what is wrong with Shell though

Cryptic
04-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
So Andy,
Did i end up costing you trouble last night hahaha??
Is the GF begging you for a fast car of her own now??:goof

haha yeah, I let her drive my car home. That come her down some. She's just really tired of her Sunfire. If she wants to fund it, I'll be happy to help her make her decision :devil

02hawk796
04-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CrypticGTX

I still dont understand what is wrong with Shell though

Parafin. Shell gas and Pennzoil oil have it.
Not for any of my engines.

MoreTorque
04-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by 02hawk796
Parafin. Shell gas and Pennzoil oil have it.
Not for any of my engines.

All conventional oils are made from pariffinic crude oil.

One of the first steps in refining oil is dewaxing.

This is indeed an old rumor and you have nothing to worry about. :thumbsup

02hawk796
04-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Nobody else know of any?

JR HAWK 9
04-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I get my gas at BP/Amoco in the counties that are not by the lake. I have a BP/Amoco right down the road from me in Elkhorn that I go to. I try to use only Amoco/BP and Mobil fuels.

02hawk796
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey Paul, any Mobils you know of east or north of you (walworth or jefferson co)? How about 24hour Mobils? That's what I'm hoping for.

Syclone0044
04-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 02hawk796
I-94 exit259 (Lake Mills) has Lake Oasis Citgo, but I just realized they're putting lower octane gas in the Higher pumps. What evidence do you have to substantiate this claim?