PDA

View Full Version : Cost of pumping septic tank?

Russ Jerome
09-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Actualy found a home in the city that still has a "holding tank", like one of two I told in the area.

What kinda costs are we talking about? Dont know tank size but the elderly people had it done one time a year according to seller.

Karps TA
09-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Like $150 or so a year. Dirt cheap compared to paying for sewage.

Sprayaway Fox
09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
BEWARE OF HOLDING TANKS. Ask how big it is also. Shit isnt expensive but out in the country here when the buzzer goes off you gotta get it pumped. It doesnt separate liquids and solids either like a mound system. So if you shower alot of do laundy alot it gets real costly real fast. Depends how many people and how much water you use.

I know a mound is around 150 bucks to get pumped out. Either way you gotta get it pumped out every 3 years anyway.

MurphysLaw88GT
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
We have one at our cabin and our guy charges like 85 bucks a pop. Cannot remember how big.

Irish
09-02-2009, 08:34 PM
That is one job I would not want to have. No offense but I could not do it.

flyin_blue_egg
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
ask flicktitty, his dad owns a septic business....and irish i've helped him and his dad do some jobs and it's really not that bad at all. I helped do a grease trap and that was FAR worse then any of the tanks i helped them with

That_Guy
09-02-2009, 09:30 PM
ask flicktitty, his dad owns a septic business....and irish i've helped him and his dad do some jobs and it's really not that bad at all. I helped do a grease trap and that was FAR worse then any of the tanks i helped them with

grease traps are awful.. when i worked at the rustic inn every time we opened it to pour the old grease in it was almost enough to make me wanna vommit .

indyzmike
09-03-2009, 04:12 AM
My neigbor has a holding tank and needs to get it pumped every couple months. I do not know what size the tank is but there are two adults and two children living there.

Irish
09-03-2009, 07:14 AM

I am surprised by that. As I have never done, I will have to take your word for it. One thing is for sure, everyone has to shit, so it's job security!

y2kws6
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I have a 1200 gallon Tank in ground (no mound) two system that means that x amount starts in the first tank and then flows into the second once everything is liquid enough. Cost me like $185 and is good for 3 years.

2 Adults and 3 Kids

Dan

Flicktitty
09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
everyone on here is pretty much right.

It all depend's on how large or small your tank is and how much water goes into it.

i know we have a few client's that we go to once every 3 weeks for there holding tanks. and i know we give them some sort of discount since we are there so often. i believe it is around $80. Most places will charge you anywhere from $80-150 it might be more cause your in the city and not many places go that way. it usually depends on how much they have to pay to dump it at a water treatment plant, cause with holding tank's you are NOT allowed to dump on private lands. so they have to cover that and fuel charges, also some (most) places charge more for having to run more hose then usual.

BTW - if your looking into buying this house, you should have a liscenced inspector go and look at the septic to make sure it's not in bad shape, i've known of a few real estate companies just checking "yes" to the system working properly when it isn't.

if you have any questions feel free to PM me and i'll awnser them or have my dad give better awnsers.

That is one job I would not want to have. No offense but I could not do it.

Meh, it's shitty.... :rolf but not that bad really. it's septic so there for it sit's in the tank. it's not all shit/piss. it's toliet water,laundry water,shower water as well. Septic tank's aren't as bad as people think.

Russ Jerome
09-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Great replies thank you!

Will know size saturday, will be prof inspected in the event offer is accepted. Its right off the freeway...with ice cold beer Flicktitty....and grill out back :)