PDA

View Full Version : Favre haters will love this...

gottwins?
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
"Yeah, he's like a little kid out there. Specifically, that little girl Esther in "Orphan."

Mike Tirico's right, that wasn't cool. It was dirty, is what it was, not to mention illegal. My kudos and thanks go to Tirico and Ron Jaworski for pointing it out and not using the kid gloves on the usually sacred Favre.

It's not the worst thing any of us have ever seen, but I cringe any time I see an NFL player do something that is both unnecessary and puts someone else in such danger. I know that it's a dangerous game, and physical plays have to be made, but this, in my view, doesn't fall into that category.

Favre didn't have to go that low. Favre didn't have to put Eugene Wilson's knees in jeopardy. Like Jaws said, that's a potential career-ender."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-throws-a-dirty-block-at-Eugene-Wilso?urn=nfl,186324

Exitspeed
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM
No, that was fucked up. Even if you like Favre still.

gottwins?
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM
No, that was fucked up. Even if you like Favre still.

I know...its another reason to hate him was my point. Hes now officially a *****. :rolf

Karps TA
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
That block was not that bad. He hit the guy mainly in the thigh. The defender is the one who decided since we was guarding a QB he didn't have to pay attention to him.

As usual people are making a big deal out of nothing.

He went low like every QB would have. You see 300lb linemen going low on players all the time that are half their size.

Had Favre pussied out on the block, people would be calling him out. If he stood up and tried to block and ended up on his ass, people would be calling him out.

How about this. Don't call a play that requires your QB to be a blocker.

TraceDaddy
09-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I agree. It wasn't THAT bad. It was a stupid position to put him in. Favre has laid plenty of blocks over time and they've all been of that variety. Down low on a reverse normally and not a crack back but still. I can't imagine they wanted their prize QB to go high so who is setting him up for failure?

Packers always have a chance at the division with the Vikes pulling bonehead moves like that.

gottwins?
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree with you guys about putting him in a position like that....RETARDED.

Gee lets put our 40 some year old quarterback who has taken thousands of hits over time to block in a preseason game. :slap Genius!!!

Also, yes favre has blocked like that before but in this instance he blind sided the guy...ever been blindsided and taken out at the knees? not a fun time....I missed my junior and senior year of varsity because of that.... Defensive players are basically hanged for helmet to helmet contact or tackling a quarterback at their knees why should Brett farve be an exception?

Karps TA
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
If he went real low I'd understand it. But his shoulders are right into the guys thighs and midsection.

The guy hurt his knee more when he landed on it then from the block.

I'm not disagreeing that it's not a bad way of blocking. It is, and he should probably get fined for it. It just doesn't look quite as dirty as some people are making it out to be. He's a guy that doesn't block alot, that's just poor technique at work as well as being in a position where what else do you do?

jbiscuit
09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Good to see MN is getting their moneys worth out of him.

94greenbandit
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Not a Favre fan or hater but that wasn't a bad block. He kept it above the knees. I don't care if your QB is 40 or 25 that is always a bad position to put him in

wikked
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't even know why they ran that play at all... I've never seen the QB line up in that slot before.

Anakonda69
09-01-2009, 04:49 PM
i love people who don't play football calling that a dirty hit. lmao if that was anyone else this thread wouldn't even be here. just keep feeding the story. why not post some old video of warren sapp blindsiding chad clifton in a "legal" hit. if he had chop blocked him i agree bad choice but he hit him almost in the waist. no qualms with that block at all favre or not.

Anakonda69
09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I agree with you guys about putting him in a position like that....RETARDED.

Gee lets put our 40 some year old quarterback who has taken thousands of hits over time to block in a preseason game. :slap Genius!!!

Also, yes favre has blocked like that before but in this instance he blind sided the guy...ever been blindsided and taken out at the knees? not a fun time....I missed my junior and senior year of varsity because of that.... Defensive players are basically hanged for helmet to helmet contact or tackling a quarterback at their knees why should Brett farve be an exception?

being blindsided is part of football. i tore my acl 2 years ago by a blindside hit to the side of my knee. i have no harsh feelings to the people who fell/were tackled into the side of my knee. shit happens. it's a rough sport. deal with it.

gottwins?
09-01-2009, 05:30 PM
being blindsided is part of football. i tore my acl 2 years ago by a blindside hit to the side of my knee. i have no harsh feelings to the people who fell/were tackled into the side of my knee. shit happens. it's a rough sport. deal with it.

Fell/tackled on the knee is one thing so is getting cut blocked by the scronny WR or quarterback when you see them coming at you, not seeing somebody coming and getting hit on the knees is completely another. I have harsh feelings for the guy that got me on my knees..why? because the exact same thing happened. He had the option to blindside me and possibly lay me out..hitting me clean, he can decide the angle, the speed, everything....but when your not looking your defenseless. If its a "rough sport" like your saying it is then man the fuck up, stop being a ***** and lay out the guy....if your too scared to take a guy down that's not looking and completely vulnerable in football then you shouldn't be playing, period.

Anakonda69
09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
i didn't see the guys who hit my knee. i got blindsided by my tight end and the def. end so i had roughly 600 or so pounds hit my knee. most other quarterbacks would have gone alot lower. typical quarterback hit. that was an everyday hit by favre and he did nothing wrong. so leave the fu#$ing guy alone and move on with your life.

Holeshot
09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I didnt see it as a bad hit either and yeah it was a poor decision to call that play.. Personally I think everyone is so sick of Brett Favre this and Brett Favre that its now become open season on him not only from the fans but from the entire NFL and the media.

I really respect him as a player. I highly doubt Green Bay would have the record it has with out him. However is emotional tantrums off the field are that of a school age cry baby.

gottwins?
09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
hit by favre and he did nothing wrong. so leave the fu#$ing guy alone and move on with your life.

I can give 2 f#ks about brett favre, the packers, or the vikings, but as someone who played on the defensive side I have to laugh at that. :rolf Hopefully someone lays him out with a move like that and they get the same reaction, you know that wouldn't happen though.

Holeshot
09-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Im sure there are plenty of player that want to lay him out. Nick Barnett wants a piece.

Karps TA
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Barnett needs to worry about hitting the RB running thru the hole first. If he can find it. Guy has the worst instincts of any MLB. He hits the wrong hole more then a drunken frat kid.

Holeshot
09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
No argument here on that. Hopefully sitting out the first few games will calm him down so he can concentrate.

gottwins?
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
He hits the wrong hole more then a drunken frat kid.

Hahaha, priceless....

Doc Brown
09-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Does anyone know the updated condition of Eugene Wilson's knees, or his overall status going into the season?

I'm just curious, as if the Texans need yet another reason to suck again this year... :rolleyes:

Karps TA
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
He's fine from what I heard. He could have even came back into the game had it been a real game.