PDA

View Full Version : anyone have Subaru All Data access?

domokun
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
well I ordered HID's for the new Subaru before looking at the housing.

I attempted to do it saturday....SCREW THAT!!! the way they want you to it in the manual to change the drivers side light bulb. your arms need to be around 4ft long and 4 inches around to reach through this little hole.

so I was wondering if anyone has access to ALL DATA for a 2010 Subaru Outback to take out the headlight housing. I took a gander at it, but I dont want to break anything.

Ill even slip you some money...stock bulbs suck

thanks

Russ Jerome
08-31-2009, 12:20 PM
If you have the air intake on top of the housing remove it, 10mm screws.

Here is a blurb on older units if it help, not sure if yours is different:

Start by removing the plastic protective cover by twisting to the right and pulling off. The low beam light is a small halogen light at the top of the two light clusters. The lower light is the high beam light (part 9005 typically). The low beam light goes into the light casing at the top under the funny dome like structure and is reflected backwards onto the light casing to create the low beam. It's a $12 part usually. One plug, one spring, no tools required for drivers side, 10MM socket to remove airscoop intake on passenger side in order to get to light cover.

domokun
08-31-2009, 12:37 PM
yea, the 2010 is completely redesigned. the Low beam spot is between the fender and this metal structure bracketing. I cant get to it at all. the whole headlight needs to come out ( but not according to the manual....which they are nuts! )

I could do the passenger side, but not the drivers side. since the battery, washer fluid bottle are right there.

thanks again.

Russ Jerome
08-31-2009, 01:17 PM
My alldata does not go that new but I cant image they require the bucket to come out to do the bulb. Im home all day if you want to swing bye.

murdoc158
09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
You need to take the front bumper off. There should be a few push-pins underneath and in the wheel wells. It sounds hard but should take less than 5 minutes. Once the bumper is off you should be able to access the 4-5 10mm bolts holding the headlamp in.

This was for the earlier model, but all Subaru's including my faux WRX were assembled this way: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3737

lilws6
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
it looks like this right?
http://www.lincah.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2010-subaru-outback-front-side-588x413.jpg

If yes then i believe the front bumper does have to come off if not out far enough to get the housing out. since your doing both you might just wana take it off any ways

domokun
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
yea, but I dont know how to take off the bumper with scratching anything ;) sometimes their are hidden bolts / pins

Russ Jerome
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Im out drinkin and wrenchin tonight, have a sawzall and prybars handy bring it over.

domokun
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
haha, Russ you crack me up. are you available friday? I might have her car with me then

Im out drinkin and wrenchin tonight, have a sawzall and prybars handy bring it over.

Russ Jerome
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
More than likely, give me a call fri when you know for sure. I dont plan ahead and by wen I will have forgotten tonight......got 7 of em down and getting up for number 8 after I hit the post button...3...2...1...