PDA

View Full Version : TWC Blows

pOrk
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
90 bucks a month for tv and internet? Are you shittin me? They are advertising 74,95 a month for what I have now, but wont let me switch because I am an existing customer. Been with them for a whole 2 weeks now.

Really all I want is highspeed internet I can watch TV online, who do you guys use for internet service thats 6mbps+ ?

DurtyKurty
08-31-2009, 11:14 AM
When I was laid off earlier this summer I called them and told them that they needed to adjust how much they charged me or I would have to cancel all together. I just have the internet which was 49.95/month. They said they could reduce it down to 38.99/month, I said that wasn't good enough, so they said the lowest they would go was 34.99/month. I said ok. I am certain they will adjust it for you if the alternative is you canceling. They did for me.

And this is for the 6 meg connection.

wrath
08-31-2009, 11:15 AM
90 bucks a month for tv and internet? Are you shittin me? They are advertising 74,95 a month for what I have now, but wont let me switch because I am an existing customer. Been with them for a whole 2 weeks now.

Really all I want is highspeed internet I can watch TV online, who do you guys use for internet service thats 6mbps+ ?

Are you kidding? They wouldn't go below $120 for cable internet (6mbps) and analog cable TV (2-99). Are you really only paying $90 for that?

hotrod96z28
08-31-2009, 11:26 AM
i just have a wireless card in the computer and on the xbox's so i just hook up to my neighbors networks. it works just fine and I dont have a speed issue for gaming

Rocket Power
08-31-2009, 11:46 AM
^^^^^Thief

British_Ben
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
I refuse to pay so much for TV. I have RR turbo (15 meg) and pay $54.95 a month. I just download or stream the shows that I want to see.

DurtyKurty
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't even understand how what hotrod96z28 said is even pertinent to the discussion.

buttersgt350
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah twc sucks in the fact they advertise all these deals but for new customers only. ive been with them for 10 years or so but they wont give me the good deals. they did lower the price a little. my area is not available yet for uverse otherwise i would of switched by now.

domokun
08-31-2009, 01:15 PM
lol Eric...you suck :)

buttersgt350
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
i dont know, my name is Eric but why do i suck?

domokun
08-31-2009, 01:23 PM
p0rk is eric also ;)

Im talking about him, since he has TWC and Im the Uverse God lol

buttersgt350
08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
oh that makes sense. i didnt think you were talking about me. kind of funny though.

Karps TA
08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
It's not just Time Warner. Every TV/Internet provider offers deals and customer service to new customers. Direct TV is especially bad about being great to new customers, but not giving a shit to long term customers. Hell my dad has had Direct TV since the very beginning and they are an ass anytime he wants to make any change to his setup, he has to fight tooth and nail to get anything done.

Ricky Bobby
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM
im with karp and i work for twc i hear it all the time its not only us that do it, new comers get the good deals

Rocket Power
08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Just switch all the time, you'll always be new:goof

domokun
08-31-2009, 02:38 PM
switch to uverse :-D

Karps TA
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
No Uverse in Muskego.

And Direct TV atleast sticks you with 2 year contracts. And if you ever upgrade a box, they extend you another 2 years without letting you know that.

DirtyMax
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM
switch to uverse :-D

I would if they had it at my house. I live in the middle of everything and no damn uverse... :rolleyes:

pOrk
08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Uverse is 95 a month for slower internet and less channels.

I am a new customer, not even with them for 2 weeks. I tried getting the internet for 34.95 a month and they said we dont have that plan anymore, thats what my fiancee has down in racine. Its horseshit. I told them I wanted to cancel, they are sending me paper work in the mail. I think I will just take the box into a time warner store and throw a fit. That should be more fun.

domokun
08-31-2009, 03:15 PM
no its not ;) you just have to know how to talk to the sales people lol

pOrk
08-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Well hook me up and I'll change over today

Ricky Bobby
08-31-2009, 03:39 PM

I am a new customer, not even with them for 2 weeks. I tried getting the internet for 34.95 a month and they said we dont have that plan anymore, thats what my fiancee has down in racine. Its horseshit. I told them I wanted to cancel, they are sending me paper work in the mail. I think I will just take the box into a time warner store and throw a fit. That should be more fun.

pork give me ur address and ur phone # on the acct and ill see what i can do, are u just looking at a lower price or do u need rr installed at ur house

and the lower priced internet is our lite speed not the 7meg's

tommyt5078
08-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Last two months for us was 200 a month, u be getting a better deal then me!!!!!

But I did get the last couple of UFC fights..............

domokun
08-31-2009, 04:03 PM
do it yourself.

and dont get "lite" internet....its like 56k in todays world

Well hook me up and I'll change over today

lordairgtar
I think if the government wants to get people affordable health care, just provide free cable, phone and I-net. Then people would be able to afford their health care.:eek:

domokun
get uverse lol

sorry I had too :goof

Last two months for us was 200 a month, u be getting a better deal then me!!!!!

But I did get the last couple of UFC fights..............

lordairgtar
08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
get uverse lol

:goof Not in Muskego...but I'll bet every low rent, shitty neighborhood in Milwaukee has it.

domokun
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
of course it does. I turn that crap up :(

:goof Not in Muskego...but I'll bet every low rent, shitty neighborhood in Milwaukee has it.

xxsn0blindxx
08-31-2009, 06:20 PM
I called Time Warner and told them I was looking at U-Verse and wanted them to match their rate. I get standard digital cable with 1 DVR box and 7Mbit internet for $98 reduced from $120.

Yooformula
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
I tired like hell to get twc to reduce rates for a bit and even reduced my plan but no go so I switched and couldnt be happier. I dont know how you got less channels with uverse though Eric. With twc I wasnt even close to the amount of channels I have now plus WAAAAAY more hd channels which is all I watch now.

Myles
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
50 bucks a month for Turbo, 15 meg standard bursts to 30.

Again, uverse has yet to provide me with anything better, probably wont. Where the fuck is verizon.

JaMichaels
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I had the 89.95 for all three. High speed Internet, over 200 channels with hbo cinemax and showtime and a LAN line. After 2 HD boxes and an Internet upgrade I was at 118/month. Sucked when I cancelled it when I moved because it cost 75 to close out.

domokun
09-01-2009, 07:14 AM
verizon wont be making a foot print in SE wisconsin for FiOs cause of how big AT&T is here.

British_Ben
09-01-2009, 08:51 AM
50 bucks a month for Turbo, 15 meg standard bursts to 30.

Again, uverse has yet to provide me with anything better, probably wont. Where the fuck is verizon.

Verizon FIOS would be awesome. 50/50 connection :stare

verizon wont be making a foot print in SE wisconsin for FiOs cause of how big AT&T is here.

That sucks. Although, on Verizon's site, it says that the Milwaukee area is an area planned for FIOS deployment. It has said that for quite a while now though.

That_Guy
09-01-2009, 09:11 AM
When I was laid off earlier this summer I called them and told them that they needed to adjust how much they charged me or I would have to cancel all together. I just have the internet which was 49.95/month. They said they could reduce it down to 38.99/month, I said that wasn't good enough, so they said the lowest they would go was 34.99/month. I said ok. I am certain they will adjust it for you if the alternative is you canceling. They did for me.

And this is for the 6 meg connection.

u have a 6 meg connection for 28 dollars a month.. :headbang be jealous.. :D

-stew-
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM
I was payin $115 a month for twc: one dvr box, and HBO. I axed it a few weeks back and bought a DTV converter. I watched like four channels, and dvr'd The O'Rielly Factor, SOA, and The Office. I watched maybe 10 hours of TV a week, now it's a lot less. Just couldn't justify dropping the coin any moar.

TheRX7Project
09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm only paying $30/mo for Roadrunner and basic... Tell them you want Roadrunner LITE, I haven't noticed a speed difference but IIRC it's only like $15/mo, plus Basic cable which is $15/mo... I get by on local shows. Basic you get up to channel 30. Really, how many channels do you need? I do wish I got Speed and Comedy though, but I'm not shelling out extra cash for them.

Myles
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
For what its worth, http://www.dslreports.com/gmaps/fios

Looks like they are in SE Wisconsin.

03Seville
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
TW will always give you something if they believe that your honestly going to leave for Uverse, but the again it depends on which customer service rep you get... but if your not happy with the results from one of them just call back again... or get a job with TW lol we dont have to worry about those bills!

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
TW will always give you something if they believe that your honestly going to leave for Uverse, but the again it depends on which customer service rep you get... but if your not happy with the results from one of them just call back again... or get a job with TW lol we dont have to worry about those bills!

u work for twc, which place applecrest or greenfield and what sup??
basically who are ya lol

also pork u have a PM

03Seville
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
lol I'm Travis, work outta Greenfield. Alex's crew. What about you??

domokun
09-01-2009, 02:46 PM
that right there is false. there is no FiOs in SE wisconsin. nor do I see it coming soon. they have NO footprint here. there foot print starts in sheboygan county and up. racine, kenosha, milwaukee, ozaukee, washington, walworth are all AT&T footprints

you wont seen those 2 competeing against each other offering IPTV.... esp in such a small market like wisconsin

they compete in TX, but thats about it

they are getting FiOs in Madison though. We have uverse there, but its on opposite sides of town ;)

now before you come at me like you usually do myles....when I mean footprint, that means they own 50% or more of that market in that county

For what its worth, http://www.dslreports.com/gmaps/fios

Looks like they are in SE Wisconsin.

British_Ben
09-01-2009, 03:28 PM
that right there is false. there is no FiOs in SE wisconsin. nor do I see it coming soon. they have NO footprint here. there foot print starts in sheboygan county and up. racine, kenosha, milwaukee, ozaukee, washington, walworth are all AT&T footprints

you wont seen those 2 competeing against each other offering IPTV.... esp in such a small market like wisconsin

they compete in TX, but thats about it

they are getting FiOs in Madison though. We have uverse there, but its on opposite sides of town ;)

now before you come at me like you usually do myles....when I mean footprint, that means they own 50% or more of that market in that county

That sucks because Fios looks and sounds kickass. Any possibilities for AT&T to introduce fiber to the home and give residential areas some real bandwidth?

domokun
09-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Uverse has FTTP ( fiber to the prem ) all over

its only in select area ( west bend, port Washington, grafton, pabst farms, jackson to name a fee )

this is mostly in NEW subdivisions. its rare for us to rip up old infrastructure ( copper ) for new infrastructure ( fiber )

just cause you have FTTP does mean we release more bandwidth to you. you are on the SAME profiles ( 25 or 32mb ) just like everyone else on copper. Gotta love the FCC that regulates that :)

cause thats call Al-carte ordered, which is against FCC ruling

That sucks because Fios looks and sounds kickass. Any possibilities for AT&T to introduce fiber to the home and give residential areas some real bandwidth?

Z28Envy
09-01-2009, 04:41 PM
It looks like I can get verizon up here but looking at the internet service it says the highest that is offered is 3Mbps. I have 8Mbps with TW so 3 seems kind of slow. Is there something different with Verizon service? I don't know anything about how this all works so please fill me in.

domokun
09-01-2009, 04:44 PM
yea, you are going to get verizon DSL. thats why

I hear about people all the time going to verizon.com then saying they are available for TV, internet and phone....when you look at what is being ordered its DSL, POTS and Directv lol

It looks like I can get verizon up here but looking at the internet service it says the highest that is offered is 3Mbps. I have 8Mbps with TW so 3 seems kind of slow. Is there something different with Verizon service? I don't know anything about how this all works so please fill me in.

British_Ben
09-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Uverse has FTTP ( fiber to the prem ) all over

its only in select area ( west bend, port Washington, grafton, pabst farms, jackson to name a fee )

this is mostly in NEW subdivisions. its rare for us to rip up old infrastructure ( copper ) for new infrastructure ( fiber )

just cause you have FTTP does mean we release more bandwidth to you. you are on the SAME profiles ( 25 or 32mb ) just like everyone else on copper. Gotta love the FCC that regulates that :)

cause thats call Al-carte ordered, which is against FCC ruling

So new subdivisions around here get 25-32Mb/sec FTTP connections? Damn!

domokun
09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
that is correct, even though they have access to 200+ mb pending on strands

gotta love the FCC :(

So new subdivisions around here get 25-32Mb/sec FTTP connections? Damn!

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
im tony techII on jasons crew have blue twc sports van see ya tomm 4 the meeting

03Seville
09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
yup see ya their.. thats a hard van to miss.

Korndogg
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
im tony techII on jasons crew have blue twc sports van see ya tomm 4 the meeting

You mean purple?

03Seville
09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
lol yeah it is kinda purple, but it still looks better than my van with some giant pics of some ugly people on the side of it....

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
You mean purple?

hey fuck you ill piss in your cheerios if u aint nice :goof

yea the van is hard to miss lol what area u work in im mostly in gr4 wish i was back out in 5 or 6 but oh well

03Seville
09-01-2009, 08:18 PM
I was in gr1 but for the last month or two theyve had me in gr2 which is terrible... makin me wish i was out in gr4. lol

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
lol 5 and 6 is where its at all new houses and underground :thumbsup

03Seville
09-01-2009, 08:52 PM
yeah and 2 is west allis where everything is 100 years old and every drop is either some garbage dual or rg59 lol... i cant wait till they move me outta gr2

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
yea when i was in QA i was always in plymouth or in racine never out west so glad im back in service just wish it wasnt 4 and thanks god its not 2 :rolf

03Seville
09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
im just thankful im not installing anymore, I just recently got to tech 1.. so ill deal with gr2 for now but hopefully they change our locators soon lol

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
i was told in last meeting that they arent changing locators anymore so i dunno i still hope im off sat and dont have to work

03Seville
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
actually yeah I forgot I think they might have said that to us to... well maybe I didnt wanna remember lol. i gotta work every sat lol but i got labor day to... but hey its better than christmas lol

Ricky Bobby
09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
im off 24 and 25 in dec thank god

Poncho
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM

if you haven't switched already, ask for Danielle B. in the appleton office, and I'll get you taken care of. I work in the later evenings

you should have been offered the digital std @ 39.95 + equipment (about $47 total for a digital convertor) and the RR (for upgrading subs i.e. cable only, cable & phone no RR) we have the 768k @ 19.95, 2meg @ 24.95 and the 7meg @ 29.95, w/ turbo free for one year you can get the 15meg turbo for 29.95. We also have a promo for hbo/showtime/cinemax @ half retail rate for 12 months as well.

I'm really sorry your experience hasn't been up to par. Sometimes you just don't get the right person. If you don't call, I'll try to make a note for myself to give you a call tonight when I have time. I'll do what I can to fix the situation for you.

I will have to check the campaign sheet, I know some stuff was about to end on 8.31.09

Werd, I'd say I'm pretty happy with what we get and what we pay for it every month. :shades

Poncho
09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
dbl post

domokun
09-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Dan, since when do you work for TWC?

Poncho
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, I know you're referring to me... so your answer is that I've been w/ TWC since I hit the reboot on life and got the hell outta SE wiscsonsin early this year.

I understand that you're the U-Verse guy, but the fact of the matter is that we have comparable products in comparable price ranges. There are people that will jump ship left and right for the best deals, we both know that, then there are the ones that see the value in our products and have really, no reason to switch providers of their "entertainment value"

I understand the push for u-verse. once it's out there enough, our internet will be right there w/ roadrunner, and we won't have a trump card in any one market. I know you advertise FIBER OPTIC TECHNOLOGY. Awesome, we've been using Fiber (to the node) for over 10 years. The TV, I'll give to you, slightly more HD channels, and the lineup organization. As every company does, they know with competiton, they always need to better themselves, and I know that before years end, TWC will have major improvements in both.

Most of what people do is shop for deals. I know our prices w/out promos, and I know your prices w/out promos, as well as stuff like dvr costs, and other ancillary products. We are neck and neck, honestly. What is going to win customers for either of us is customer support.

I have a few friends that work for AT&T, they call it a union sweatshop - hope thats not true.

domokun
09-02-2009, 02:55 PM
well, last I heard you were in Hartford with the blue GTO. I was just asking a simple question and you get all technical on me so I'll get technical.

whos fiber do you lease for some of your service / markets? oh yea, taht would be ours.... we OWN the fiber backbone of the country. dont forget that ;)

Internet - we have symmetrical VSDL2 coming out soon with pair bondingonce Im ready, which will net 140-160mb to the house with 2 simple phone copper pairs but right now we have 1.5, 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 but with symmetrical we will have 50mb up, 50mb down working on 75/75. can your infastructure touch that? I know the UP you cant. plus being piggybacked off yahoo has TONS of bonuses.

TV- thank you for giving that to us, cause we kick TWC butt in. IPTV SMOKES cable based. ( slightly more HD...how many do you have? we have 152 and growing weekly. how many shows can you record? how many shows can you watch at once? whats the quality like now that your on a digital switch? iphone app? remote DVR records? HD channels? VOD? I hope you guys make updates. its long overdue. ok I made my point

Voip- thats not very hard. everyrone has issues with FOC ( firm order confirmation ) which is regulated by the FCC to yank telephone Numbers from different CLEC's ( Competitive local exchange carrier ) so this is a mute service.

who has been service longer? AT&T, who has been in the TV service longer? you have...but we are nipping on your tail.

whats your cancel and churn rate since we rolled services in to markets?

Im dont with the "Getting technical" just hard to work from a company that has screwed people for YEARS cause they put them in a manopoly with no competetion. no you have it...and TWC doesnt like it AT ALL.

we are both tripe play companies. I just think we have MORE the offer, and will have more to offer in the close future ( some people that talk to me know whats coming )

ask people that have had TWC and who had Uverse. ask who they like better and why. MOST will say uverse. but every company has some issues, that includes us.

now dont get me wrong, I respect TWC and its employess. You.. Ricky bobby or anyone else that works there. competiton makes each company stronger and smart on what to offer and what to charge.

as for deals, you guys didnt do that before..you screwed people and still do. but tahts another story.

customer service. you guys were ranked one of the worst for years. I hope things have changed since.

sweatshop....not so much. ( I personally dont think. outside techs maybe. inside, no )

Im done ( btw, I didnt proof read this, Im work ahah )

Well, I know you're referring to me... so your answer is that I've been w/ TWC since I hit the reboot on life and got the hell outta SE wiscsonsin early this year.

I understand that you're the U-Verse guy, but the fact of the matter is that we have comparable products in comparable price ranges. There are people that will jump ship left and right for the best deals, we both know that, then there are the ones that see the value in our products and have really, no reason to switch providers of their "entertainment value"

I understand the push for u-verse. once it's out there enough, our internet will be right there w/ roadrunner, and we won't have a trump card in any one market. I know you advertise FIBER OPTIC TECHNOLOGY. Awesome, we've been using Fiber (to the node) for over 10 years. The TV, I'll give to you, slightly more HD channels, and the lineup organization. As every company does, they know with competiton, they always need to better themselves, and I know that before years end, TWC will have major improvements in both.

Most of what people do is shop for deals. I know our prices w/out promos, and I know your prices w/out promos, as well as stuff like dvr costs, and other ancillary products. We are neck and neck, honestly. What is going to win customers for either of us is customer support.

I have a few friends that work for AT&T, they call it a union sweatshop - hope thats not true.

Poncho
09-02-2009, 03:25 PM
The service techs can get technical, I don't care to, I'm Cust Ops, not Tech Ops. I merely said that we have comparable products, and we do. Your company has been around MUCH longer, and has like what 15 times more capitol? Plus, ya know, who HASN'T heard of AT&T.

The nice thing about competition, like I said, is that everyone is pushing more. I know we have some great stuff in the pipeline, and so you do. You have to, survival of the fittest afterall.

Everyone has good and bad to say about cable/internet/phone providers. I can say though, I like where I work, and I like my services. I wasn't impressed w/ AT&T when I had them, but that was back in 2004, and I know they are WAY better now, I have friends with AT&T, and again, I like the services now.. Off to work.. TTYL.

British_Ben
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Internet - we have symmetrical VSDL2 coming out soon with pair bondingonce Im ready, which will net 140-160mb to the house with 2 simple phone copper pairs but right now we have 1.5, 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 but with symmetrical we will have 50mb up, 50mb down working on 75/75. can your infastructure touch that? I know the UP you cant. plus being piggybacked off yahoo has TONS of bonuses.

Any ETA on this and does AT&T shape packets?

Irish
09-02-2009, 03:45 PM
The service techs can get technical, I don't care to, I'm Cust Ops, not Tech Ops. I merely said that we have comparable products, and we do. Your company has been around MUCH longer, and has like what 15 times more capitol? Plus, ya know, who HASN'T heard of AT&T.

The nice thing about competition, like I said, is that everyone is pushing more. I know we have some great stuff in the pipeline, and so you do. You have to, survival of the fittest afterall.

Everyone has good and bad to say about cable/internet/phone providers. I can say though, I like where I work, and I like my services. I wasn't impressed w/ AT&T when I had them, but that was back in 2004, and I know they are WAY better now, I have friends with AT&T, and again, I like the services now.. Off to work.. TTYL.

Dude, yes I mean dude because that IS what you are. Can you just go back to going away? You truly creep me out.

domokun
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
cant release...and no..used too. but not anymore

Any ETA on this and does AT&T shape packets?

British_Ben
09-02-2009, 04:23 PM
cant release...and no..used too. but not anymore

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be interested when that hits the market in the Milwaukee area.

pOrk
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
AT&T Only has 2 HD feeds per house. Normally thats not a problem, but at my parents house there are 5 HD tvs. TWC has them covered.

Thanks for the help RickyBobby :)

Poncho
09-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Dude, yes I mean dude because that IS what you are. Can you just go back to going away? You truly creep me out.

thanks, I tried to help a friend, and shoot, I did call him to make sure his services were corrected and up to par..

also, thanks, my boyfriend likes me. :rolf

Irish
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
my boyfriend likes me. :rolf

http://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/schalke_fan_puke_on_self.jpg

Poncho
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
if you can't deal with it, thats on you, not me.

Anyway, I'm glad Eric was able to be helped.

Irish
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
if you can't deal with it, thats on you, not me.

Anyway, I'm glad Eric was able to be helped.

Dude, not only can I not deal with it, I don't want to. You need serious psychiatric help. You should get that before you cut something off that you can't grow back.

domokun
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
only 2 hd eh? I have 6 :) I would love to see TWC do that, and not lose picture quality.

I dont do this for myself for perks, this is test for me to launch

AT&T Only has 2 HD feeds per house. Normally thats not a problem, but at my parents house there are 5 HD tvs. TWC has them covered.

Thanks for the help RickyBobby :)

Ricky Bobby
09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
only 2 hd eh? I have 6 :) I would love to see TWC do that, and not lose picture quality.

I dont do this for myself for perks, this is test for me to launchdude u really piss me off with all this we are higher bullshit, really we are both in the same boat it takes u guys 8hrs to do a friggin install and most of the times 4 more trouble calls to get it right and work properly sometimes not even that hell my 2 neighbors have had steady trucks at their houses the past 3 months i havent seen one twc truck in the neighborhood, im glad u have all this extra stuff that the customers cant have from at&t, why dont u just wave the bone in front of their face somemore. Im done with these im better than u threads, i took care of pork like i said i would all u told him to do was call yea thats great service right there pork didnt even have to lift a finger and i fixed it so have a nice mmmm k bye.

and i didnt know we used ur fiber as far as i know we fix it we run it and we maintain it not once in 6yrs of working there have they ever said it was at&t fiber that they use, in that case why dont u get all mad at we energies since they own the poles that are stuff runs on, and ur stuff also.

ps pork no prob glad i could help out

domokun
09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
ROFL

want me to get some national blueprints on WHERE you use our fiber, switches, routers and how much you pay us a year ( pulling up revenue from you will be tough for me to pull, but I could get it lol ) ? you might be suprised. most of the fiber ran from national networks to providers hubs are all on AT&Ts backbone. easy money, even if your a competitor

Ive had TWC for most of my life prior to getting where Im at now. I have friends and family mbrs with TWC. it sucks balls! slower then piss channel switching, pixelates, freezes, STB software blows, customer service sucks, and to top it off, you rape people with your monopoly pricing ( used too )

Im glad you have a job for them and it puts a roof over your head and food in your belly and can have a life. Im happy for you and everyone else for that. Im just saying the PRODUCT / COMPANY stinks sometimes not you.

its not 8hrs, its more like 2-4 pending on how old the house is, wiring, boxes, computers, line issues, bridge taps, orders, etc

our guys hang drops, puts up NIDs, run new cat5 or coax, put on new compression fittings, HPNA splitters, set up the RG, hook up the set top boxes, register internet, walk mbr through how to use the service ( something your techs dont do ) splice in the IW for the Voip service, set up VM...want me to keep going?

as for Eric. he knows all he had to do is call me and I could get him the service. he just choose TWC. thats fine by me. its HIS choice, not mine. I hope it work great for him and has no issues and its cheap. cause Eric is a jew with money :rolf:durr:punch:

if you want to go on about how many times you see AT&T trucks, you should see how many times their are TWC trucks by us. but it doesnt matter it goes both ways for both companies. no company is flawless. you just need to roll with the punches and stop getting your panties in a bunch over bullshit. you at&t cause its a competitor and I talk crap about TWC and I hate TWC for its past and product ( for what the charge that is )

I have the extra stuff to test and stress so I CAN release it to customers. thats the point what I bring up here are HINTS to the future.. that is all

mmmm k thanx bye

dude u really piss me off with all this we are higher bullshit, really we are both in the same boat it takes u guys 8hrs to do a friggin install and most of the times 4 more trouble calls to get it right and work properly sometimes not even that hell my 2 neighbors have had steady trucks at their houses the past 3 months i havent seen one twc truck in the neighborhood, im glad u have all this extra stuff that the customers cant have from at&t, why dont u just wave the bone in front of their face somemore. Im done with these im better than u threads, i took care of pork like i said i would all u told him to do was call yea thats great service right there pork didnt even have to lift a finger and i fixed it so have a nice mmmm k bye.

and i didnt know we used ur fiber as far as i know we fix it we run it and we maintain it not once in 6yrs of working there have they ever said it was at&t fiber that they use, in that case why dont u get all mad at we energies since they own the poles that are stuff runs on, and ur stuff also.

ps pork no prob glad i could help out

theavenger333
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
alright guys seriously, the only thing i can say to all this is Scott is an engineer with Uverse, he builds and writes the stuff, doesn't install or sell it. thats no burn to the guys on here who work for TWC, but as far as i'm concerned, you can advertise what you want, but the guy who WRITES the programs is the one who knows his exact info. besides, we've ALL had terrible run ins with TWC, but we've also had good stories. i've had nothing but good so far with Uverse, their install took about 12 hours, over 2 days, but they came 2 days after i called. TWC took about 8 hours, in one day, and i had to do it at their conveniece, about 2 weeks after i called.

Ricky Bobby
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
fine keep spewing ur babble and shit, and both services hinge on the techs in the field i dont care if u are superman behind the desk here if u have turds in the field your product smells like ur techs (shit). All my customers get the same treatment, everything explained. So as i stated earlier have fun with ur cape behind ur desk enjoy ur power of whatever it is. I have the power of installing it and seein a product work how its supposed to minus equip failure out of everyones hands there so :headbang with ur bad self

65chevelleSS
09-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I just got uverse installed. It took about 2 hours and I live in a building that was built in the early 1900's... So far its been awesome. Switching channels is so quick and the internet has been great as well... I've had my issues with TWC and that's why I made the switch... Best of luck to all of you!

Josepy
09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Uverse hit the allenton area yet. I am sick of charter. I do know 3 people where the uverse install took 8hours and 1 person had to have someone come back out multiple times. However charter sucks ass.

Gregor
09-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Being a past employee of TWC and having do deal with some of there.... rush, rush gets the installs done, (I have done up to 3 full installs, 2 Apt installs and 2 upgrades in a single day). Who suffers for that, the customer and the techs? The customers because you cant spend the time to walk through the service because you’re late for your next time frame. And the tech suffers for the beating he takes from running 100 mph for 8+ hours.
No win for ether parties. Just a bad product. If I had the time to rewire a home I wouldn't even think twice if it need it. But when your being jammed with 8+ calls a day it sucks.

On the ATT side of the fence, you have 2+ calls a day. Maybe more, but I know some of the ATT techs so I know I'm not far off. When the ATT tech showed up for my install 50% of my install was done. All CAT6. I finished the remainder of the install in the time it took him to employ the box and work on the VRAD. Man that tech had it made. But then if TWC were union it would be a different story.

So the story is this, TWC beats the shit out of their techs. And they can period. When your install tech can’t spend the time to work with the customer and answer questions you are bound to get poor customer satisfaction. Every customer should have been treated like Eric. Instead of the BS that most people get.

Rant over

pOrk
09-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Being a past employee of TWC and having do deal with some of there.... rush, rush gets the installs done, (I have done up to 3 full installs, 2 Apt installs and 2 upgrades in a single day). Who suffers for that, the customer and the techs? The customers because you cant spend the time to walk through the service because you’re late for your next time frame. And the tech suffers for the beating he takes from running 100 mph for 8+ hours.
No win for ether parties. Just a bad product. If I had the time to rewire a home I wouldn't even think twice if it need it. But when your being jammed with 8+ calls a day it sucks.

On the ATT side of the fence, you have 2+ calls a day. Maybe more, but I know some of the ATT techs so I know I'm not far off. When the ATT tech showed up for my install 50% of my install was done. All CAT6. I finished the remainder of the install in the time it took him to employ the box and work on the VRAD. Man that tech had it made. But then if TWC were union it would be a different story.

So the story is this, TWC beats the shit out of their techs. And they can period. When your install tech can’t spend the time to work with the customer and answer questions you are bound to get poor customer satisfaction. Every customer should have been treated like Eric. Instead of the BS that most people get.

Rant over

The people on the phone don't care to make things personal and I think they can sometimes forget that there are REAL people on the other end of the line.

Both Poncho and Ricky Bobby made sure I was good to go, and I appreciate it. I'm sure Scott would have hooked me up too, but hes too slow on a mountain bike to be able to supply a fast internet connection :rolf Thanks guys

07ROUSHSTG3
09-03-2009, 07:21 AM
i would dump charter in a heartbeat if Uverse ever comes out to the sticks where i live. i am not holding my breath though.

Myles
09-03-2009, 08:03 AM
133,535,216 [ 84.2M/s ] in 1.5s
(size of file in bytes) (speed in bytes)
Right there ladies is a REAL connection.

Translated from Bytes to Bits, (when they say you have a 6 meg connection is mbit not mbyte) , is 673.6mbit. Win.

Got Boost
09-03-2009, 08:25 AM

I dont do this for myself for perks, this is test for me to launch
I only have 2 HD streams ( cant watch 2 HD and record another HD) ...I like my ATT better than TWC mainly because of the better HD content ...The price is about the same but the HD content and the better picture quality is the selling point for me , better than TWC .... Although I havent got the discount I thought I was supposed to get ....Ill get over it LOL....

theavenger333
09-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Although I havent got the discount I thought I was supposed to get ....Ill get over it LOL....

nor have i...... yet

British_Ben
09-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Translated from Bytes to Bits, (when they say you have a 6 meg connection is mbit not mbyte) , is 673.6mbit. Win.

:rolf:rolf:rolf

I'm happy with my Road Runner service. I've never had to call the customer service, so I don't know how that is. I told my installer what I did for a living, so he made sure the modem got online and was on his way. I set everything up from there.

I'm just always looking for the fastest possible connection. RR Turbo is the fastest around here (unless you're Myles, see above), and it consistently peaks at 15-28mbps. I've experienced 1 outage in two years. It was out for about 2 hours, that's it. If AT&T came out with something faster, I'd switch. Then if RR comes out with something even faster, I'd switch again.

pOrk
09-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Dunno how accurate this is, but this is what I am getting this morning via TWC

http://www.speedtest.net/result/555664926.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/555667543.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

pOrk
09-03-2009, 09:43 AM

That test is in Megabits, so for megabytes you're only at 11.96MB/s

British_Ben
09-03-2009, 09:54 AM

Don't want to speak for Myles here. But I'm pretty sure it's 84.2MB/sec and 673.6Mb/sec.

673.6 mega bits divided by 8 bits(1 byte) = 84.2 mega bytes

Myles
09-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Pork, lets go over that really quick shall we?

So from this it says i moved 133 megabytes in 1.5 seconds. Can a 11.9 megabyte connection do that?

its 84.2 megabyte a second, therefor 84.2*8 (8 bits in one byte) = 673.6.

The speed tests you are doing are in bit. And the speed test in my sig is bit. That was when I had the 100mbit line hooked up. Now I have a GigE line hooked up.

07ROUSHSTG3
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

carry on.

03Seville
09-04-2009, 12:01 AM
saying that your guys take 2-4 hrs for an install because they hang drops, puts up NIDs, run new cat5 or coax, put on new compression fittings, HPNA splitters, set up the RG, hook up the set top boxes, register internet, walk mbr through how to use the service ( something your techs dont do ) splice in the IW for the Voip service, set up VM... is no excuse. TW does all of this too. I've been to plenty of homes where the customer was switching back to TW because of and install that lasted 8-10 hrs, and sometimes over 2 days (and still had issues after install).

I personally have nothing against Uverse but it's too new and their are alot of kinks that still need to be worked out. As for running coax, that has to be rare... I'd say 90% of your customers have had TW in the past and WE already wired the entire house.

The fact that you have 6 hd streams may be nice but the real facts are that they are not available to your paying subscribers yet:rolleyes:. That may not have mattered to much 5 years ago but now it's differant, people have hd tv's all over their homes now and they want all of them to have an hd picture, which TW can do.

The only real perk that AT&T has right now over TW right now is the multi-room DVR, which may be appealing to some customers but few are gonna jump at the chance to switch from a company that they have been with for years just for one perk, especially when they will lose the perks that TW offers that AT&T cant.

Like I said I have nothing against AT&T but your argurments so far have been completely pointless and prove absolutely nothing.

ROFL

want me to get some national blueprints on WHERE you use our fiber, switches, routers and how much you pay us a year ( pulling up revenue from you will be tough for me to pull, but I could get it lol ) ? you might be suprised. most of the fiber ran from national networks to providers hubs are all on AT&Ts backbone. easy money, even if your a competitor

Ive had TWC for most of my life prior to getting where Im at now. I have friends and family mbrs with TWC. it sucks balls! slower then piss channel switching, pixelates, freezes, STB software blows, customer service sucks, and to top it off, you rape people with your monopoly pricing ( used too )

Im glad you have a job for them and it puts a roof over your head and food in your belly and can have a life. Im happy for you and everyone else for that. Im just saying the PRODUCT / COMPANY stinks sometimes not you.

its not 8hrs, its more like 2-4 pending on how old the house is, wiring, boxes, computers, line issues, bridge taps, orders, etc

our guys hang drops, puts up NIDs, run new cat5 or coax, put on new compression fittings, HPNA splitters, set up the RG, hook up the set top boxes, register internet, walk mbr through how to use the service ( something your techs dont do ) splice in the IW for the Voip service, set up VM...want me to keep going?

as for Eric. he knows all he had to do is call me and I could get him the service. he just choose TWC. thats fine by me. its HIS choice, not mine. I hope it work great for him and has no issues and its cheap. cause Eric is a jew with money :rolf:durr:punch:

if you want to go on about how many times you see AT&T trucks, you should see how many times their are TWC trucks by us. but it doesnt matter it goes both ways for both companies. no company is flawless. you just need to roll with the punches and stop getting your panties in a bunch over bullshit. you at&t cause its a competitor and I talk crap about TWC and I hate TWC for its past and product ( for what the charge that is )

I have the extra stuff to test and stress so I CAN release it to customers. thats the point what I bring up here are HINTS to the future.. that is all

mmmm k thanx bye

Reverend Cooper
09-04-2009, 12:09 AM
my charter has been flawless 99.9% of the time

CannotPost
09-04-2009, 08:16 AM
So from this it says i moved 133 megabytes in 1.5 seconds. Can a 11.9 megabyte connection do that?

its 84.2 megabyte a second, therefor 84.2*8 (8 bits in one byte) = 673.6.

The speed tests you are doing are in bit. And the speed test in my sig is bit. That was when I had the 100mbit line hooked up. Now I have a GigE line hooked up.

Where can you get a GigE line in a residential area? Or is this your office connection? That is some seriously fast shit right there..... I would be cool with the 100 mbit line!

Myles
09-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Where can you get a GigE line in a residential area? Or is this your office connection? That is some seriously fast shit right there..... I would be cool with the 100 mbit line!

lol, I guess you can say its an office connection.

CannotPost
09-04-2009, 08:32 AM
lol, I guess you can say its an office connection.

Way to be ambiguous with your answer! :(

Care to elaborate at all?

Myles
09-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Way to be ambiguous with your answer! :(

Care to elaborate at all?

See the ISP thats listed in my speed test? That's who I work for.

pOrk
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Do you have that speed at your house? If not, it doesn't count :)

Myles
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Do you have that speed at your house? If not, it doesn't count :)

lol, if i had that speed to my house it would cost a fortune.

CannotPost
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
See the ISP thats listed in my speed test? That's who I work for.

So are you a "Guardian of data"?

Myles
09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
We aren't called that anymore :/

CannotPost
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
We aren't called that anymore :/

Whats the new slogan?

Myles
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Whats the new slogan?

Really isn't one anymore since the buyout.

British_Ben
09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Really isn't one anymore since the buyout.

Pwns teh intarwebs?

Myles
09-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Pwns teh intarwebs?

Well I call myself the "Mastar of teh intarwebnets". But it doesn't really work.