PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff/Highway Patrol presence

PB86MCSS
08-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Anyone else notice that in a few locations the highway patrol and/or a Sheriff's squad are sitting at interstate intersections the last couple weeks? Specifically at Greenfield Ave but also 84th St & 94, plus a couple other locations there seemed to be some too. Just seems odd and for them to be remain in pretty much the same spots this long. Looking for speeders or waiting for something else?

Irish
08-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Anyone else notice that in a few locations the highway patrol and/or a Sheriff's squad are sitting at interstate intersections the last couple weeks? Specifically at Greenfield Ave but also 84th St & 94, plus a couple other locations there seemed to be some too. Just seems odd and for them to be remain in pretty much the same spots this long. Looking for speeders or waiting for something else?

Looking to add more money to to the Gov's retirement fund!;)

Andy6789
08-30-2009, 11:46 AM
they have to sit they and stop trucks that are overloaded from going on the zoo interchange, they put up new weight limit signs last week.

Prince Valiant
08-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I think there is another thread about it earlier...

the NB 894-45 overpass, and 894 NB to 194 west overpass are apparently deteriorating at a rapid rate...so they've lowered the weight limits to basically make it so no loaded semi's can go over the NB, 894 to 45 overpass, and have restricted much of the the semi traffic that can go 894nb to 94w.

You can see the new load limits listed on the signs coming up on the interchange, and they've got a roadside sign notifying them at the hale interchange.

They pretty much bust every truck that goes through....

edit: tree'd

Rocket Power
08-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I think there is another thread about it earlier...

Yep:goof

PB86MCSS
08-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Sorry, I looked back a few days and didn't see it. Was out of town since last Sunday and only very briefly checked the board once. Should of known I wasn't the first to post.

Rocket Power
08-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry, I looked back a few days and didn't see it. Was out of town since last Sunday and only very briefly checked the board once. Should of known I wasn't the first to post.
That's ok I forgive you:rolf

HY35F2T
08-31-2009, 02:42 AM
They have to pay everyones emergency extension some how.

deuceWI
08-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Interesting topic.

Just saw a semi pulled over near the zoo interchange last night. And it was by a state patrol (which seemed odd, since you normally don't see them in Milwaukee county).

So is the interchange 'really' falling apart? Or is this a BS tactic to get the zoo interchange reconstruction started?

noeggs4u
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Falling apart quickly

Waver
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Interesting topic.

Just saw a semi pulled over near the zoo interchange last night. And it was by a state patrol (which seemed odd, since you normally don't see them in Milwaukee county).

So is the interchange 'really' falling apart? Or is this a BS tactic to get the zoo interchange reconstruction started?

both, but it isnt as bad as some of the freeways I have driven on

Chalky
08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
I believe Todd Z tests his race car in that area!:rolf:D

DirtyMax
08-31-2009, 03:37 PM
They sit on the southbound Greenfield off ramp so much now that the grass off on the left shoulder of the off ramp is worn from them driving up there.

Easy $$ for them probably...

lordairgtar
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Saw a couple of really dark blue SUVs over on those ramps yesterday. Are those the ones monitoring the trucks. They have antennas on the roof. They look like FBI or Secret Service trucks.

Daisey_Moonshine
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I dont notice or care, unless they are setting off the radar detector.

I'm always setting off the 'Too Fast For Curve' sign on 94 and wonder if Im gonna get pinched someday because of that stupid sign tellin' on me... lolz : )

03CVLX
09-01-2009, 12:22 AM
They are using all sorts of different vehicles. I have seen fully marked and some unmarked State patrol cars. I do believe they have a few Tahoes & Expeditions also that have been sitting there.

Philly-O
09-01-2009, 12:24 AM
with the federal funding for their overtime, there are quotas for tickets written per hour. plus now that they can pull you over and ticket for non seatbelts...that is what they are looking for when they are sitting sideways on the shoulders of the freeways not shooting radar.