PDA

View Full Version : 305 guys have hope

Flight_740
04-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Look at this 305 run a 9 sec. pass. very impressive.

http://www.lastgen.com/videos/9seciroc.mov

Prince Valiant
04-16-2004, 05:18 PM
The 305 has some definite negatives, no doubt...but they aren't by any means unsurmountable.

SMS 1
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
wow. didn't think Id ever see that:eek:

Prince Valiant
04-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
The 305 has some definite negatives, no doubt...but they aren't by any means unsurmountable. ...and boost is always a good way to overcome the limitations of a small bore :thumbsup

SMS 1
04-16-2004, 07:42 PM
well thats true. just about all the Ford's I see these days are S/C Stangs :rolleyes:

Cryptic
04-16-2004, 09:24 PM
http://www.crypticvault.com/backup/worst.jpg

i hate .mov's, but that car was haulin ass though

scubastang
04-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SMS 1
well thats true. just about all the Ford's I see these days are S/C Stangs :rolleyes:

i think someones been beaten one too many times by a supercharges stang ;)

ohh yeah Cryptic, I LOVE .mov files. Seriously, they are different so people don't like them. On a .mov file, you can "move" the search button back and forth and stop and start etc and you will actually see the movie as you do it, like in a vcr/dvd. Whereas WMP, you get black, then buffering, then more waiting , then sound then FINALLY the movie which is choppy for a bit, then smooths out. (run on sentence = :party: )

SMS 1
04-17-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by scubastang
i think someones been beaten one too many times by a supercharges stang ;)
Correction: I have only ever been beaten by 1 mustang. That was about 6years ago or so and it was a heavily modded turbo4 to my very stock Camaro. There were other reasons that he won, but I will spare you because I'm not looking for an excuse, and he was pretty quick. What I was mainly referring to is the fact that every time I'm down at Oscars or elsewhere all I head comming from Mustangs is high pitch blower whine. Not takin a jab at ya or anything just sayin that that is what Im seein. Also I did have 2 fox bodies in the past- so Im not a total Ford hater;)

scubastang
04-17-2004, 01:19 AM
its all good man! I don't have any particular love for Fords (well I do love the FPV lineup ;)), just a soft spot for mustangs.

btw what does your car run?

;)

Wannarace62188
04-17-2004, 01:19 AM
u better not be hatin on fords!

SMS 1
04-17-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by scubastang
its all good man! I don't have any particular love for Fords (well I do love the FPV lineup ;)), just a soft spot for mustangs.

btw what does your car run?

;) What does my car run? Well right now how ever fast I can push it!:rolf I actually have 2, my black '84 which will be torn down in the next two weeks, and the 350 that is in it will be freshened, treated to a cam and poss. intake then popped into my silver '83 and thats it for this year. I don't expect to be ANY kind of contender for ANYTHING other than bench racing this year;)

Flight_740
04-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Well, whaer I found that video, they said he had a Vortec s/c for that video. He is now running a single turbo setup and there have been no times posted yet. Im suprised with that kind of time that he would want to change anything.