PDA

View Full Version : wtb wireless internet router

Memphis
08-25-2009, 12:06 AM
As the title states, changing internet providers and need to provide a wireless router to avoid paying extra monthly costs. Anyone got one around?

y2kws6
08-25-2009, 09:00 AM
I have a few Wireless G's = $10 and one wilerless N (Has USB access for a external HD)= $40 laying around.

I live in Hartford though.

Dan

juicedimpss
08-25-2009, 09:15 AM
matt,i have a dlink or something like that laying around,not sure i will be able to find the power cable though.

Memphis
08-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I have a few Wireless G's = $10 and one wilerless N (Has USB access for a external HD)= $40 laying around.

I live in Hartford though.

Dan

matt,i have a dlink or something like that laying around,not sure i will be able to find the power cable though.

Either one? Not sure which I need, the main computer will be on the hardline, and I want to run a second desktop and a laptop downstairs. Which one will do the job?

y2kws6
08-28-2009, 08:52 PM
The difference for you would be speed. The wireless N is faster and has more distance. I use the wireless G for my laptop because that is what it came with and I do not do too much streaming on it. If I need too I plug in the wireless N USB adabtor I have.

Let me know.
Dan