PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

Exitspeed
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
How shitty is customer service now-a-days?

It's just terrible everywhere.

I could go on for days with examples but here's one that JUST happened 10 min ago.

I ordered 30lbs of live crawfish and they are being shipped via Northwest Airlines. So I wanted to call to find out where I pick'em up and at etc etc.

This lady answers the phone and it goes like this:

Me: Hi, I have a package being shipped via Northwest and should be in on Fri. I just wanted to find out where I would pick that up.

Her: Well that depends on if it is being shipped via cargo or counter to counter.

Me: Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure.

Her: Well I can't help you out unless you know that.

Me: Ok, I can find out then.

Her: ...dial tone....

Ummmm, how about you give me info on both and then when i find out I can just go where I need to go and not have to call your cranky ass back.

I was a salesperson/ sales manager for years and I just can't imagine treating people the way I see employees treating customers today. It seems like it's getting worse too.

michelle
08-24-2009, 01:32 PM
I've had good luck with customer service lately, but spending 15 minutes on the phone with Verizon yesterday was another story. You would think that if you got disconnected (they hung up on me during one of the 5 or 6 times they put me on hold), that considering they are a phone company, they would call you back. Luckily the next person I talked to was much nicer and resolved the situation.

Exitspeed
08-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I went to Target one Mon night with the wife becuase we needed stuff. GTA China Town Wars was coming out the next day. I looked at the shelf and I saw the space for it and the label but they weren't out yet becuase games/music are always released on Tue.

So the next morn I go to target at 10:30 and the shelf still wasn't stocked. So I ask the older gentlemen working there about the game. He looks at the shelf and says "Doesn't look like we have any". I said, "well it comes out today so figured they just aren't put out yet. ". He says "If we had them they would be out.". I'm thinking really dude? Are you being that lazy? So I ask him if he can check in back. He tells me he doesn't have the authority to do that. I was like WHAT!? :flipoff2: So I politely asked him to call someone over who does. He finally says "let me check something". He scans the bar code and of course it says there's like 100 of them. So he walks over to the kiosk and he heads towards a drawer that says 'new releases'. SURE ENOUGH there they all were. He then says "looks like someone wasn't doing their job". lol. Yeah YOU!

Here's the kicker...he carded me. Yes, carded me to buy a video game for Nintendo DS. I'M 29 YEARS OLD. I know I look young but I don't look 16.

That shit pissed me off.

Car Guy
08-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Bottom line is too many people don't care about other people, which if you ask me is the saddest thing in the world......:(

Exitspeed
08-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Bottom line is too many people don't care about other people, which if you ask me is the saddest thing in the world......:(

I agree completely. There's no manners. No respect for others.

SSLEVO
08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Maybe the better question is what the hell are you going to do with 30lbs of live crawfish? lol

Exitspeed
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Maybe the better question is what the hell are you going to do with 30lbs of live crawfish? lol

Boil'em. And eat'em! Can't effin wait! It's my birfday present to myself. :thumbsup
http://mrcrowder.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crawfish-boil.jpg

07ROUSHSTG3
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
well i had a totally awesome customer service experience last week. probably the best ever. i ordered some steel braided brake lines from Summit on tuesday. they showed shipped and estimated to arrive on thursday. well i checked fedex.com over lunch on thursday and was super happy to see that they were "delivered". i called home and my wife, who had been home all day, said that no delivery showed up?!?!?! she scanned the yard, the garage, the decks, the doors, EVERYWHERE! no package was around. she walked up and down the street and stopped in at neighbors that were home and check the porches of neighbors that weren't. nothing found. i called fedex and recieved a very angry black lady that insisted that i "check with all the neighbors". i told her that we already had and that it really wasn't my responsibility to track down my "delivered package". so she opened a claim and said that someone will contact me within 24 hours. after hanging up with her and getting extremely upset, i called summit. i was planning on putting them on for the weekend, so i really wanted these lines. i explained the situation to the guy at summit and he was awesome. "the only thing that i care about is getting you your brake lines for tommorrow" were his exact words. he opened a new order and prepared to ship the lines out next day. no charges to me at all. when i asked what i should do with the lines if they do show up, he said that he filed a shipping claim, i would not be billed twice! he checked to make sure that if he sent them out that day that i would get them next day. i hung up the phone and was happy again. about 6:30 that night a neighbor who is selling his house stopped over and handed me the box. he found it in his front porch. i called summit and canceled the new order that hadn't shipped yet.

i was amazed at how awesome Summit handled the situation.

and i hate fedex, LOL!

Doc Brown
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
I went to Target one Mon night with the wife becuase we needed stuff. GTA China Town Wars was coming out the next day. I looked at the shelf and I saw the space for it and the label but they weren't out yet becuase games/music are always released on Tue.

So the next morn I go to target at 10:30 and the shelf still wasn't stocked. So I ask the older gentlemen working there about the game. He looks at the shelf and says "Doesn't look like we have any". I said, "well it comes out today so figured they just aren't put out yet. ". He says "If we had them they would be out.". I'm thinking really dude? Are you being that lazy? So I ask him if he can check in back. He tells me he doesn't have the authority to do that. I was like WHAT!? :flipoff2: So I politely asked him to call someone over who does. He finally says "let me check something". He scans the bar code and of course it says there's like 100 of them. So he walks over to the kiosk and he heads towards a drawer that says 'new releases'. SURE ENOUGH there they all were. He then says "looks like someone wasn't doing their job". lol. Yeah YOU!

Here's the kicker...he carded me. Yes, carded me to buy a video game for Nintendo DS. I'M 29 YEARS OLD. I know I look young but I don't look 16.

That shit pissed me off.He wasn't carding you to verify your age.

He was carding you to verify your address so he could exact his revenge at some other time of his own convenience against the rude young man who bothered him that morning. :eek:

Exitspeed
08-24-2009, 02:56 PM

That is great. It's good to hear about companies that ARE still putting customers first.

I had a very good experience with Jax (sp) Upholstery a couple weeks ago. The job ended up being cheaper then I thought, it got done the same day which was sooner then I was originally quoted, AND the work was great.

Unfortunately these kind of experiences seem to be few and far between.

That's why I thought a local review section would be more valuable then ever.

MoCkiN U
08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I've had good luck with customer service lately, but spending 15 minutes on the phone with Verizon yesterday was another story. You would think that if you got disconnected (they hung up on me during one of the 5 or 6 times they put me on hold), that considering they are a phone company, they would call you back. Luckily the next person I talked to was much nicer and resolved the situation.

You deserved that one. :rolf

WHY??

You know you have the local vzw hook up girly. My number is all over this board. Heck, just reach out and a brotha will help you out. Not many things managers cant fix these days.

michelle
08-24-2009, 03:13 PM

WHY??

You know you have the local vzw hook up girly. My number is all over this board. Heck, just reach out and a brotha will help you out. Not many things managers cant fix these days.

Can you reverse a charge for some VCast music download of some stupid rap song that neither Adam nor myself downloaded (I don't see it on the phone, plus, like I said it's some rap song that we certainly do not listen to - no offense to those who like rap music)? Especially considering it was during work hours, so the phone was not in use. I didn't get anywhere through Verizon since they said that someone had the phone in order to accept the charges on the various screens. They did, however, block it from happening again.

It's only $1.99 so it isn't that big of a deal, it's just the whole idea of getting charged for something we wouldn't have downloaded to begin with (we both don't use VCast on our phones either).

Plus the lady that hung up on me said she was blocking my picture messaging option right before she put me on hold/hung up on me. So I was a little confused/irritated because that had nothing to do with what I called about.

Car Guy
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately these kind of experiences seem to be few and far between.

It's not so much that there are far and few between but more so the fact that the negative experiences stand out more.....

Exitspeed
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
It's not so much that there are far and few between but more so the fact that the negative experiences stand out more.....

I feel like they are more frequent.

MoCkiN U
08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
YUP! I can fix it Michelle.

Next time save yourself a few minutes and give me a buzz yo

michelle
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
YUP! I can fix it Michelle.

Next time save yourself a few minutes and give me a buzz yo

Will do. Actually, check your PM's in a few minutes.

Rocket Power
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM

WHY??

QFT. ^^^ Just helped us out, YOU ROCK! :headbang

lordairgtar
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM

That shit pissed me off.

Why? I used to get carded well into my thirties. When I got to 45, shit just went to hell.:devil

Plus the lady that hung up on me said she was blocking my picture messaging option right before she put me on hold/hung up on me. So I was a little confused/irritated because that had nothing to do with what I called about.

Maybe she got too many pics sent back to her of hairy arse holes, middle fingers :flipoff2: and what not.