PDA

View Full Version : Small shooting G2G

TheRX7Project
08-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Well since nobody here wanted to set one up, I headed out to Indiana and went shooting with another RX7 guy. There was supposed to be a few more people showing up... it ended up being just me and him. Bastids!

I also found out that my girlfriend has no idea how to take pictures of people shooting. I'll cut her some slack since her hand is broken.

He let me try out his GSG-5... man I gotta say, I loved shooting it. I may have to get me one of these now.
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ProjectFocusFast/Gun%20pics/GSG5.jpg

I also put some hurt on my arm and ran some rounds through my 12ga.
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr98/ProjectFocusFast/Gun%20pics/Shotgun.jpg

I also put some rounds through my .22 but my girlfriend never took a pic of me shooting it. I set up the bipod and went for some prone shooting.

It was a good time, (is shooting stuff ever not a good time [when someone gets wrongfully shot notwithstanding]) but would've been better if everyone who said they were coming had came.

Irish
08-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I also put some hurt on my arm and ran some rounds through my 12ga.

Did you just say a 12 gauge hurt your arm? :rolf
It's not like it's a .50 muzzle loader!

Moparjim
08-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I recently picked up a GSG5 and love it. Go get one! That thing shoots so nice and is so accurate for an out o fthe box gun with junk .22 ammo that its amazing, not to mention the .22 is about all anyone can afford to shoot nowadays.

94greenbandit
08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
or this gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4juEIK_zRM

TheRX7Project
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Come on, you run a box of ammo through a 12ga and you know your arm isn't feeling great afterwards. It feels fine today, but yesterday it was a little sore.

Irish
08-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Come on, you run a box of ammo through a 12ga and you know your arm isn't feeling great afterwards.

No. :thumbsup Anytime in the future that you want to go shooting, I would be down! :)

TheRX7Project
08-25-2009, 01:53 AM
The problem is, WHERE? I don't own any land, none of my friends own any land... so unless if you or someone you know owns some land, I don't know where we can go shoot.

Irish
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
The problem is, WHERE? I don't own any land, none of my friends own any land... so unless if you or someone you know owns some land, I don't know where we can go shoot.

Shooting range or MY aunts land down in IL. Bout an 1 1/2 hour trip one way.

Russ Jerome
08-25-2009, 09:59 AM
or this gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4juEIK_zRM

I've watched that video 20 times over the years, the only thing that would make it funnier if it was SEMI AUTO! Can you imagine the unplanned follow up shots as the gun and shooter fell against the wall or floor! Thats some funny stuff.

The GSG is cool, kinda dig the new Colt AR22 as well.

07ROUSHSTG3
08-25-2009, 10:05 AM
you drove to Indiana just to shoot a gun?!?!? wow.

TheRX7Project
08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Shooting range or MY aunts land down in IL. Bout an 1 1/2 hour trip one way.

The range has gotten old... the other day I went to the range and it was all I could do to stay there long enough to re-sight the scope on my .22... but I'd be down to go to your aunt's land in IL. I like shooting stuff.

Where I went in Indiana was just south of Gary. I went there last year too. It was SUPPOSED to be an RX7 club g2g but nobody ended up showing except me and the guy who owns the land. Last year we had a decent turnout.

MurphysLaw88GT
08-25-2009, 10:33 AM
you drove to Indiana just to shoot a gun?!?!? wow.

I sometimes go to MN to go shooting (once a year)

07ROUSHSTG3
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I sometimes go to MN to go shooting (once a year)

that is crazy. i guess i take living in the sticks for granted. when i want to shoot i grab my gun and jump on the wheeler. down the old railroad tracks to the quarry. 2 miles from my house. maybe will have to set up a "shooting day" for the site next spring. i got tons of land that we could use.

TheRX7Project
08-25-2009, 11:56 AM
That would be awesome.

MurphysLaw88GT
08-25-2009, 01:26 PM
that is crazy. i guess i take living in the sticks for granted. when i want to shoot i grab my gun and jump on the wheeler. down the old railroad tracks to the quarry. 2 miles from my house. maybe will have to set up a "shooting day" for the site next spring. i got tons of land that we could use.

It is hard to explode cars here without interference:rolf

Rocket Power
08-25-2009, 02:33 PM
It is hard to explode cars here without interference:rolf

:rolf

HP ADDICT
08-28-2009, 03:19 AM
12 gauge doesn't hurt unless it's a pump and your shooting slugs. Even then it's not bad but definitly worse then a .50 cal muzzle loader!