PDA

View Full Version : where to weigh a vehicle?

PB86MCSS
04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know where someone could weigh their car off the streets? Truck stop that doesn't care, etc? :)

Crawlin
04-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Golden Guernsey in Waukesha by the po po department and the Expo center. it's on the side by the bread store and police. south end of the building it would be. I'm always there weighing the car.

Chris

BAD LS1
04-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Lynn's recycling center in Westbend is what i use...

02hawk796
04-15-2004, 02:11 PM
I use some gravel company's or quarry, not sure.
head west on Hampton from 45, becomes Lisbon Rd.
Just west of Hwy 74, business is on south side of road, scale on north.
I go at night, no trucks need to use the scale. i don't think we're actually allowed to use it. ooops.

Max 93
04-15-2004, 03:50 PM
seeing that you are in Muskego, just go over to the gravel pit and ask them if they will let you weigh your car. It's worth a try.

Anakonda69
04-17-2004, 09:58 PM
the citgo truck stop on hwy 167 off 45 north usually doesn't care or the sussex quarry scale is on 24/7 and i know alot of people who just drive in at night use the scale and leave......only thing is most scales like that round off the weight.....

PB86MCSS
04-18-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'd rather not piss anyone off and drive in if I know or don't know how the place thinks of it, or want to go ask the people inside but I guess it wouldn't hurt either ;). I'll see if I can make it to a place or two and see....would like to just drive up and see then take off without anyone being there. :cool:

Crawlin
04-18-2004, 12:28 AM
that's what i do at golden guernsey. just go in at night and no one cares. plenty of the people in the drag racing circles that live around here do it. :)

Al
04-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Port Washington

where they keep all of the utility equipment on 32 just before iut intersects with 33

drrodder
04-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Anakonda69
the citgo truck stop on hwy 167 off 45 north usually doesn't care or the sussex quarry scale is on 24/7 and i know alot of people who just drive in at night use the scale and leave......only thing is most scales like that round off the weight.....

I work with truck scales all the time for Asphalt plants around the country. These scales are set up for 200,000 lbs and generally change in 20 lb increments. As long as they are certified, you'll get an accurate weight for your vehicle. I weigh mine when on the job sites (for free by my customers). The quarry's keep those scales very exact. That's their $$$$. The truck stops are more for reference and may charge you a small fee. I have also used the one on hwy 167 off 41/45 north to weigh up custom built trailers. They were very friendly with the service.

T-Bag
04-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 02hawk796
I use some gravel company's or quarry, not sure.
head west on Hampton from 45, becomes Lisbon Rd.
Just west of Hwy 74, business is on south side of road, scale on north.
I go at night, no trucks need to use the scale. i don't think we're actually allowed to use it. ooops.

I use this same one, it's Halquist's (quarry) weigh in. Except my drive is only a couple minutes away from it, and my friend lives right by it so I usually weigh in my car every time I'm there (as long as it's night). Haven't weighed the mustang yet...I'm tempted to do so soon.