SMS 1
04-15-2004, 12:47 AM
wow, nice pull. got your 14 eh?

Yooformula
04-15-2004, 02:35 AM
Nice slow run there Granpa!:goof :drool:

PB86MCSS
04-15-2004, 02:54 AM
I know this Honda drag car that will kick your @ss. Beware.

:goof :banana

GRNDNL
04-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by PB86MCSS
I know this Honda drag car that will kick your @ss. Beware.

:goof :banana

I tried, they didn't want to race.....:confused

jbiscuit
04-15-2004, 09:02 AM
very nice run man! Good work!

BAD LS1
04-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Awesome!!

that a new best or average??

Any of your honda buddies there?

Cryptic
04-15-2004, 09:56 AM
that's awesome :headbang

john96ws6
04-15-2004, 10:09 AM
In the GN, right?
I love those cars. I WILL own one someday.:rockwoot:
Awesome times.

Flight_740
04-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by GRNDNL
I tried, they didn't want to race.....:confused

Thats what i don't understand. Nice run. My step bro has a very very quick GN. He doesnt want times to be posted though. he is a member here.

GRNDNL
04-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Awesome!!

that a new best or average??

Any of your honda buddies there?

New best......ran a few low 10.50s with less of a 60ft, track was hooking very good for the Grove. Only had one run where I almost ran over the tree.....:durr It's still pig rich and only 22psi, there should be, could be, might be more in it.

Bee and the gang were down there, maybe 6 or so cars, I offered but they weren't ready to run yet....:confused I met Bee, he's cool, we're cool, we're just fooling around. There little black car flies, if they get it tuned it might give me a run. I told him to come looking for me when he's ready.

GRNDNL
04-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Blown_Gtp
Thats what i don't understand. Nice run. My step bro has a very very quick GN. He doesnt want times to be posted though. he is a member here.

I run a Buick heads up class (TSM), My times are on the internet if you do your homework anyway. I have nothing to hide, I'm not a wanna-be street racer like a lot of no time people.

number1
04-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Mid 10's, one of these days I'll have a fast car. :drool:

Flight_740
04-15-2004, 12:36 PM
I run a Buick heads up class (TSM), My times are on the internet if you do your homework anyway. I have nothing to hide, I'm not a wanna-be street racer like a lot of no time people.

Yea, I understand what you are talking about but I also se his point. He is no wanna be. He has a strong car. He just wants it to be a supprise for pepole thats all. You and him probably know eachother actually.

Crawlin
04-15-2004, 01:43 PM
I'll be running no times :) just cause it's embarassing to have pro stars on a car that runs 14's hehehe

Awesome runs Keith. Is this still shakedown territory for you? The new turbo on? Any possibility of squeaking out a couple tenths for that magical singe digit barrier?

Chris

CruxGNZ
04-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Kieth,
Nice times. Nice mph too! (Do I hear 9's knocking on your door?)

Blown_Gtp,
Hey, I just figured out who you are:D . I'm Mat (step Brothers friend) with the white Datsun 240Z. How's it goin'?

You know what... I think we all probably know each other on this board through friends of friends.

!M!

GRNDNL
04-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by z28kid98
I'll be running no times :) just cause it's embarassing to have pro stars on a car that runs 14's hehehe

Awesome runs Keith. Is this still shakedown territory for you? The new turbo on? Any possibility of squeaking out a couple tenths for that magical singe digit barrier?

Chris

First time out with the new turbo and a different program in the computer, now running with no mass air. It was still rich, laying down some between gears. I will run some more boost later but the air was perfect last night, I'm thinking it will be a trade off. If it runs any faster it will be from the 60ft, the front weight with the A/C and everything is killing me, I know I need to buy shocks ($$$) but don't know if it pick up much. My car will never run nines with factory iron heads, only one car has done that, it is 250lbs lighter with a much more serious effort and lots of $$$$.

Flight_740
04-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Mat73GNZ
Kieth,
Nice times. Nice mph too! (Do I hear 9's knocking on your door?)

Blown_Gtp,
Hey, I just figured out who you are:D . I'm Mat (step Brothers friend) with the white Datsun 240Z. How's it goin'?

You know what... I think we all probably know each other on this board through friends of friends.

!M!

Hey matt, I thought that was you. Whats up with the car man?

CruxGNZ
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Blown_Gtp
Hey matt, I thought that was you. Whats up with the car man?
Right now not much. Just got out of the hospital from a surgery. I had my top right rib removed, so I'm kind of taking it easy right now. As for progress on the car, I'm waiting on some parts to make my GN engine swap a "bolt in" :D .

My car will never run nines with factory iron heads, only one car has done that, it is 250lbs lighter with a much more serious effort and lots of $$$$.
Oh, come on... never say never;) :shades

!M!

Prince Valiant
04-15-2004, 08:22 PM
Right now not much. Just got out of the hospital from a surgery. I had my top right rib removed, so I'm kind of taking it easy right now. Beg your pardon...but for what reason? Thoracic outlet syndrome?

GRNDNL
04-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Right now not much. Just got out of the hospital from a surgery. I had my top right rib removed, so I'm kind of taking it easy right now. As for progress on the car, I'm waiting on some parts to make my GN engine swap a "bolt in" :D .

Oh, come on... never say never;) :shades

!M!

Now thats taking weight reduction to the extreme.....:thumbsup

What parts you waiting for?

Daytonapacecar959
04-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Nice run:haveabeer .I was there also and ran a best of 12.931@107.46:rockwoot:

whistlin six
04-15-2004, 10:17 PM
New best......ran a few low 10.50s with less of a 60ft, track was hooking very good for the Grove. Only had one run where I almost ran over the tree.....:durr It's still pig rich and only 22psi, there should be, could be, might be more in it.

Bee and the gang were down there, maybe 6 or so cars, I offered but they weren't ready to run yet....:confused I met Bee, he's cool, we're cool, we're just fooling around. There little black car flies, if they get it tuned it might give me a run. I told him to come looking for me when he's ready.

Bee and the gang had the civic on the dyno today at Borchardts.
A guy I work with went over there and watched a pull, he said the thing looks like a POS but it's got some intercooled snot under the hood. 500 hp worth:devil :rice
Apparently he had traction issues at the Grove that night,
couldnt get that front wheel drive monster to hook up.

It wouldn't appear you had any traction issues when you clicked
off that 1.47 60ft time:thumbsup
Congrats on the new times, that is friggen awesome for a street
driven GN with A/C. I'd love to see you put that trailer queen
civic in its place one day:D

Crawlin
04-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Dyno'd at Borchardt's? I thought they HAD a dyno at their shop? that's what Bee told me. maybe it was that they were GETTING one soon.

Chris

whistlin six
04-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by z28kid98
Dyno'd at Borchardt's? I thought they HAD a dyno at their shop? that's what Bee told me. maybe it was that they were GETTING one soon.

Chris

Maybe their dyno doesn't go bee-yond 250 hp.:-P

12secondGTP
04-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Nice run dude:thumbsup

CruxGNZ
04-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
Beg your pardon...but for what reason? Thoracic outlet syndrome?
Ah, an educated man:D Yes, and no. It would take too long to post about it, but I did write up about what happened to me on another board if you are curious. (it's near the bottom of the page)
Click here (http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32837)

Keith,
I have a friend down south that has done the LC2 swap into a 240Z and he is getting out of it (his car ran a best of 10.08 in the 1320). So, if everything goes right, I'll get his intercooler with all the piping, front x-member (with poly mounts), trans x-member, and the custom TH down pipe. Maybe a few other swap specific parts also, but we'll see. So, no fabrication work for me:( Well...I still have the exaust to fab up.

If you know who I'm talking about, then just keep it on the down low please, because nothing is set in stone yet. So, esentialy it will be a "bolt in", made even easier with the Caspers wiring harness I have too. As Homer Simpson says, "Piece of cake.":D

!M!

Prince Valiant
04-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Hate to say it like this...but neat stuff :thumbsup But not when it's to someone you even kinda/halfway/but not really know :(

Hope things do go well for you...accidents, especially motorcycle, can cause many of the most traumatic injuries I've seen in my life.

Would have been neat to check out everything before the surgery...hell, I think I would have asked to jump into OR during the surgery to observe :goof

CruxGNZ
04-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
Hate to say it like this...but neat stuff :thumbsup

Hey, it's cool:shades I don't mind, I think it's kind of neat too! I even don't mind showing people the scars and stuff either, well except for the huge one between my legs where they took out a big vien. Only women get to see that one :)

I like the movie quote, "wounds heal and chicks dig scars" ... what movie is that from?

Would have been neat to check out everything before the surgery...hell, I think I would have asked to jump into OR during the surgery to observe
I wish they could have video taped everything at Froedtert, that would have been SWEET! I asked them to, but, no, all I got was a chunk of my rib in a plastic bottle, how kick ass is that though! When I was talking to the Doc, he said it looked like a "bomb" went off in there, it was a mess operating on me I was told from all the previous crap that happened.

Sorry for jack'n your thread Kieth.

!M!

GRNDNL
04-16-2004, 09:57 AM

Sorry for jack'n your thread Kieth.

!M!

Like I would never hijack anyone elses.......:rockwoot:

You getting parts from Derick?......

CruxGNZ
04-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Derek G., no. He actually offered to take out his engine mounts for me and copy them, but I told him it would be to much work on his behalf to bother with it. He's a cool guy to shoot the **** with though. I have his GNZ on video tape inside and out from when I was at the Nat's last year.

I'm working out something with Scottie from Florida with the parts I mentioned.

!M!