PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen dual exhaust?

SMS 1
04-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has seen any 3rd gen Camaro's with TRUE dual exhaust (and yes I mean all the way to the bumper!). I know it "can" be done as I was part of a custom bend project about 9 years ago, but it didn't work very well and was only 2 1/4" pipe. Anyone have any trick ideas? I have also seen some "double hump" T56 retrofit crossmembers that would allow this, think one could be fabbed to work with a T-5? I want to try and figure out how to run 3" eventually (don't need it now). I have had a couple of ideas on how to do custom flat pipe but this would require hella work and probably some decent dough. Let me know what you guys think- I also may be open to re-arranging some of the floor (within reason) if need be.

:confused :confused :confused

Pepsicola300
04-15-2004, 12:24 AM
You should check out www.thirdgen.org in the Exhaust Forum. They have lots of pics of different setups. I would love run true duals on my car but ground clearance can be a huge problem if it is not routed correctly. (that and $$ issues)

PonyKiller87
04-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Hopefully I will be doing the true duals with my T56 cross member that I am going to fab up, probably only going to go with 2 1/2" pipe though, I dont think I really need the 3"

SMS 1
04-15-2004, 12:49 AM
I won't need it for awhile either. Definately not this year, but it's never to soon to plan ahead :devil

SMS 1
04-15-2004, 12:57 AM
BTW- thanks for the tip on thirdgen.org - I now see where that other project I was involved in went horribly wrong. I think I know what I'm gonna do now :rockwoot:

loud91rs
04-17-2004, 02:07 PM
hey, i was reading your post about the exhaust and thought i'd throw in an idea, i have single 4" exhaust with a off road y pipe that i got from www.mufflex-performance.com and it's great, sounds great, and is not too bad to put in. just an idea. :devil

SMS 1
04-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by loud91rs
hey, i was reading your post about the exhaust and thought i'd throw in an idea, i have single 4" exhaust with a off road y pipe that i got from www.mufflex-performance.com and it's great, sounds great, and is not too bad to put in. just an idea. :devil I'd like to check that out sometime:thumbsup Even still when it comes time to get serious with my car I would really love to have true duals:rolleyes:

loud91rs
04-17-2004, 10:36 PM
well if you ever get serious and wanna hear the difference it would be no problem...and i'm usually a true dual guy on my cars but this 4" is something different, real deep and that kind of sound. good luck!