PDA

View Full Version : EMT's on BCM

subliminal1284
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Any other EMT's on here? Just started my class yesterday.

lordairgtar
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Thought maybe you were asking for a cheap ambulance ride.:rolf

subliminal1284
08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Nah, It is pretty common for ghetto ass people to use the ambulance as a taxi though and have medicare pick up the tab.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
08-18-2009, 05:16 PM
xxtreamteam

70 cutlass 442
08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I started class last Thursday.... what do you think so far?

Waver
08-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Best advice that I can give anyone taking the class is to study study study....there is a lot of information that they cover in a very short period of time. Also, stay healthy, as one bad test can really screw you up. Where are you taking the class?

subliminal1284
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Well it seems pretty cool so far, there are a few people in it that look like they just dont belong there and I dont think they will make it through. After class last night one of them comes up to me and asks 'Hey man did you remember anything from class?' I was just like yeah quite a bit. lol

And I am taking it at Gateway in Burlington.

Waver
08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Well it seems pretty cool so far, there are a few people in it that look like they just dont belong there and I dont think they will make it through. After class last night one of them comes up to me and asks 'Hey man did you remember anything from class?' I was just like yeah quite a bit. lol

It happens a lot.....wait till the class progresses.....Amazingly enough, some whould should make it dont because of this that or what ever and some who have no business even taking the class (an it will be apparent in the field) make it....it is kind of fucked up

xxtremeteam
08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Me pm me if u need anything

ND4SPD
08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
EMT here too

70 cutlass 442
08-18-2009, 05:47 PM

I guess i should consider my self fortuniate then. Everyone seems to be fairly on top of things, but im also with other students that have four year degrees, or are RNs or something similar.... There was one kid who was on a local FD that I recognized from the bar (he was getting kiked out) and by the end of the first class he made a similar comment, but overall most people seem to know whats up. But like nut waver said, its a fairly fast paced class, and Im assuming you have the blue BLS book, I highly reccomend taking notes off of it as you will probably be using that as a refferance later on this semester!