PDA

View Full Version : breaking news...favre is supposed to make a deal w/ the vikings

forcefedss
08-18-2009, 10:25 AM
AHHHHHHHHH

i was watchin channel six at 10:15am, and then all of a sudden, breaking news. and it was about favre boarding a plane to go to minnesota.. its just fucked up how it is "breaking news"

i really dont care anymore. i just hope the packers fuck him up this year

jbiscuit
08-18-2009, 10:42 AM
yep...supposed to be working out the deal today! Good for him. Glad a senior can still get a spot on the roster with the Vikings. I hope the Packers D is set on kill when they play him...anyone know if the Viks are in Lambeau for that game?

Karps TA
08-18-2009, 10:46 AM
the Vikes are in the division so they always have home and away games.

forcefedss
08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
the only good thing is that the vikes actually have a qb?!

DirtyMax
08-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope it either happens and everyone moves on or he confirms that he's done. Either way, this circus needs to be shut down. It seems like just as soon as everyone is over it, some other OMG breaking news has to surface.

DirtyMax
08-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Guess that answers that....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

Exitspeed
08-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Another article on ESPN is reporting it's a done deal.

Josepy
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
its on nfl.com now also.

Exitspeed
08-18-2009, 11:51 AM
What is official is I am no longer a fan.

Josepy
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
What is official is I am no longer a fan.

x2

97z2801ss
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I am go Favre, Purple will look good on him, Nov. 1st at noon green bay be there!

Prince Valiant
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Sweet, the vickings-packers tickets I purchased went up a LOT. Still keeping it to go to the game though....

forcefedss
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
im more irrated that the news is making it such a big deal.

even more at fox 6 to stop regular programming to make it "breaking news"

"breaking news" is for something important like mayor tom barret getting brutally beaten,

not for favre is on an airplane to minnesota...

well i guess i had to vent on how the media is playing this out way to much...

Karps TA
08-18-2009, 12:45 PM
The media has been making too big deal out of this for 4 years when he first said the word retirement.

Lance Armstrong retires and comes back all the time and he's considered a hero.

Anakonda69
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
i'm happy for him. and still a fan. maybe i need to try and get some tickets now.

TraceDaddy
08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Chris Carter is dead-on. And I'm not really a Chris Carter fan.

jbiscuit
08-18-2009, 02:11 PM
www.vikings.com :rolf

DirtyMax
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Chris Carter is dead-on. And I'm not really a Chris Carter fan.

What did he say?

Car Guy
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
What did he say?

The Viqueens lied to everybody and specifically the QBs already at training camp......

Yooformula
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Lance Armstrong retires and comes back all the time and he's considered a hero.

Yeah but Lance is the poster boy for a hard will and beating cancer, Brett is the poster boy for pain killers and alcohol abuse:goof

Karps TA
08-18-2009, 03:19 PM
The best part of this is Favre outwitted TT the witless.

He ended up where he wanted to go all along. And had TT just had the nuts to send him there last year he probably could have gotten a heckuva lot more then what he ended up getting, which was I believe a 3rd round pick. So he got a 6-10 season, 3rd place in the division, and a 3rd round pick last year. Ted Thompson Super Genuis.

Karps TA
08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah but Lance is the poster boy for a hard will and beating cancer, Brett is the poster boy for pain killers and alcohol abuse:goof

Yah and the access to the best performance enhancing drugs not available. :rolf

And in WI Alcohol abuse is considered a positive.

VroomPshhTsi
08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Childress just lost a TON if not all credibility with his current and any future players he has. He stated they have "already closed the book on Favre" and now this happens. Jackson was the only one that really got screwed (he was like our Aaron Rogers when Favre was coming back the first time). Oh well, those two games should be very fun to watch! Favre's numbers weren't good last year, I expect just as many INTs this year too. I'm sure the Packer DBs are getting excited...

Anakonda69
08-18-2009, 04:06 PM

out of the athletes in this world i don't think he would be the poster boy for either one of these. he liked to party for a couple years. big deal. welcome to the pros.

PB86MCSS
08-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Good for him....glad the Packers moved on when he wanted to come back but this just makes it even more interesting. I like Favre but hope the Packers beat the crap out of them this year for sure. I don't buy the revenge angle very much, if the Vikings were the Jaguars with coaches he is buddies with (Childress/Bevell) had the system he knows and the talent to win it all....he'd be a Jaguar. It's weak the way he did it but he's been that way for how many years making the Packers wait longer than they should to know whether he was playing.

Favre will be so amped up for the Monday game vs the Packers he will be tossing passes over his receivers heads for the first quarter and hopefully into DB's hands.

Silver03SRT
08-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Plenty of other althetes that do way worse than pain killers.

Silver03SRT
08-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I heard some funny stuff today. When the packers play the vikings they should send the punter out wearing a number 4 jersey.
or on that day give out number 12 tee shirts to all fans.
I personally dont care what favre did. I enjoy watching him play.

70 cutlass 442
08-19-2009, 01:17 AM

Wow, i like how 10 years later the pain killers are brought up.... Its easy for soemone who is prescribed higher doses of pain killer to get addicted to them. Addiction is not always a mistake or lifestyle choice, its a disability.... But the choice to go public and get help is a lifestyle choice that many people cannot/ do not do..... so for someone to bring that up is obviously misimformed or not educated in the opiod drug addiction area.

HITMAN
08-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Brett Favre is a brain-dead cunt. And I mean CUNT. Just like a woman, he can't make up his mind until the very last minute. If his father was still alive and he tried playing the "indecisive woman" card like he does now, old Irv would have kicked his dumb ass right up around his ears. I hope the Packers defense sends his geriatric ass back into retirement, permanently. He's been lucky all these years not to be put out for a large part of the season. Time for that luck to run out. He can lament his stupid decision to come back out of retirement in daily doses of agonizing joint pain, just like all of the other moron athletes that didn't know when enough was enough... In a nut shell...FUCK 'EM...

Nix
08-19-2009, 07:51 AM
We have some really bitter/butthurt ex Favre/ never Favre fans around here. :durr

Gregor
08-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I hope that Green Bay defence burys that d-bag on Monday night football in front of a nation.

DirtyMax
08-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I am totally indifferent about him anymore. I enjoy watching him play but I can't cheer for him in Purple.

The bottom line is this...

Anything less than 10-6 (or a division title) and a run deep into the playoffs, and they are no better than they were $12.5 million dollars ago.

Yooformula
08-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Wow, i like how 10 years later the pain killers are brought up.... Its easy for soemone who is prescribed higher doses of pain killer to get addicted to them. Addiction is not always a mistake or lifestyle choice, its a disability.... But the choice to go public and get help is a lifestyle choice that many people cannot/ do not do..... so for someone to bring that up is obviously misimformed or not educated in the opiod drug addiction area.

oh god here we go. I made the post in regards to Karp comparing Lance Armstrong to Brett Farve and his return from retirement nothing else. Brett didnt CHOSE to come out in this glorious way so as to embrace his godliness he only came out after several embarrassing press conferences in which he was visibly under the influence of something. After which his wife gave him an ultimatum to get clean or she was leaving due to his abuse for quite awhile. The proverbial gun was put to his head by his wife/family to come out. He had no qualms about using other players left over meds and getting extra scrips so the holier than thou defense is mute imo.

OxmanWI
08-19-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't hate Favre, but when it comes to my Packers I hope they crush him, only because I hate the Vikings. If your not with us then you're against us!!!

u_say_go
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I can't waitttttttt until Minnesota spanks the Packers!!!!:rolf
Who cares if Favre lied, or couldn't make up his mind? I don't understand why people are so concerned about this. Look at all the negative shit going on in pro sports, and the media (and general public) can't say enough about Brett being indecisive and a liar. He doesn't have to explain himself. He doesn't owe Packer fans anything. He can play for whomever he wants.
Why are "die hard" Packer fans so angry over Favre playing for the Vikings?

People need to realize that professional football is ENTERTAINMENT...nothing more. You tune in for 3 hours each week to watch your favorite team (your favorite "tv show"), and hope the ending is good. None of you benefit from "your" team's victories. So why get so phuckin' worked up?

Packers will lose both games to the Vikings this year, if Brett is playing. Hopefully #4 will give ted Thompson the finger after each win too. :flipoff2:
You guys want someone to be pissed at over this whole deal....be pissed at Thompson for not doing more to keep Favre on the team.

VroomPshhTsi
08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Well 1) die-hard Packer fans are probably mad because their hero just signed with our #2 rival, why wouldn't they be pissed?

and 2) given Favre's stats from last year, I wouldn't guarantee a Viking sweep this year... Favre likes to throw just as many touchdowns as INTs