PDA

View Full Version : Local Business Review Section

Exitspeed
08-17-2009, 11:06 AM
It would be a shame to have a review in regular chat get lost. It's a good resource for people also.

Smokey1226
08-17-2009, 11:20 AM
i do agree, as ive searched for the "Good Resturant" or Good places to eat thread when hungry and looking to take a nice little ride!

Flicktitty
08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
good thinkin

+1

agent orange acr
08-17-2009, 07:17 PM
sound like a good idea. I think thier should be a sticky thats just for formatted reviews that are detailed with a bussiness name, rating scale, pro's and con's. Then you can have the rest of the section open for threads that are for descussions.

Car Guy
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Great idea but it would NOT work as intended.....:thumbsup

-stew-
08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
^^^it would just turn into arguing. And people who had a bad experience there will drown the thread with tears of butthurt sorrows.

PureSound15
08-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't think it would work because, for whatever reason, many of our members feel that thye can say whatever they please on a forum rather than actually take ownership of the situation at the returaunt (or whatever it was).

Case in point - we would hear stuff like this

"THAT PLACE SUCKS! I'D NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN!"

rather than -

"The service wasn't awesome - the waitress forgot my beer, and I decided to be a douche bag and not treat her like a human, so I didn't say anything, didn't tip her, and now and bitching and moaning here. But ... it would have been easier to remind the incredibly busy waitress that she forgot my beer."

-stew-
08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
^^^

http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/pitxlol/winrar/XYTACH2NXOLB5KRYUARXBR7P53OV435J.gif

Exitspeed
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
How about this...

There is a section, someone can go in and write a review either positive or negative...thread locked. No bickering. If someone wants to write a review of their own they certainly can.

It works perfectly fine on Zilvia, which is arguably a harsher environment then BCM, and also has 50,000 members. We've been doing the review section over there for years.

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/

This being a local larger forum would make the section that much more useful. There just needs to be guidelines laid down.

Car Guy
08-19-2009, 02:54 PM
There just needs to be guidelines laid down.

IF guidelines were followed it would work, but it has been proven time and time again that people don't like to follow guidelines. This suggestion was brought up about 6 months ago and as you can see nothing came of it. Like I said before, it's a great idea......:)

Exitspeed
08-20-2009, 10:44 AM
That sucks that people on here are so unruly that a section that would be totally useful can't work. Yet it can work on other sites with 10's of thousands of people.

Lame. Oh well. It's not my site. :)