PDA

View Full Version : West Allis tax's

Russ Jerome
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Im looking outward at homes but accidentaly stumbled on a Stallis 1.4 acre dream home, tax's are $4780 a year...wow!

Any Stallis home owners care to elaborate on there annual increse? I love this home but close to $400 a month in taxs sounds crazy, if it went up much more it may as well be California.

Anakonda69
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Mine went up from 3300 to almost 3700 in the last year and i have like .082 acres. lol one reason why i am moving.

Exitspeed
08-17-2009, 10:57 AM
That's not that bad for that size lot in Milwaukee. My house in New Berlin is on 3/4 of a acre and approx 3200sq ft and I pay about $5000/ year. My uncle lives on 20th and Edgerton. His whole property could fit in my front yard and he pays almost as much as me.

My accessed value went up $20,000 this year. I'm not sure what people in Milwaukee county or Milwaukee are seeing right now.

DirtyMax
08-17-2009, 10:59 AM
S'tallis tax mill rates are always amongst the highest, if not the highest, in Milwaukee County...

Every year they put the mill rates in the paper and every year, West Allis is near the top, usually AT the top.

I'm not sure what people in Milwaukee county or Milwaukee are seeing right now.

Thanks to all of the vacant homes due to foreclosure, the values are going in the shitter so thay can try and get people into these homes...

Rocket Power
08-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Mine are ~$4k for .2 acres . They say my house value went ~$50k in the last 6 years, sure it did. I tried complaining when I first bought it saying that the value should be what I paid not the 10k more they had it valued at. They told me since the house wasn't on the market for months and since it was in the area it was, that it was right.

jbiscuit
08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Come on down Russ! Lots of hot rods in Stallis too! My taxes haven't gone up or down in 2 years..stayed the same. I have the biggest lot on my block so I pay a bit more...but whatcha gonna do. Beer drinking is encouraged also.

Karps TA
08-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I think by city law you are allowed to beat up your spouse twice a year without even a fine. So that's a nice perk.

Exitspeed
08-17-2009, 11:32 AM
S'tallis tax mill rates are always amongst the highest, if not the highest, in Milwaukee County...

Every year they put the mill rates in the paper and every year, West Allis is near the top, usually AT the top.

Franklin is always up there too.

Thanks to all of the vacant homes due to foreclosure, the values are going in the shitter so thay can try and get people into these homes...

That doesn't seem to be the situation in New Berlin. My neighbors value went up $15k this year also. Honestly I think it's bullshit.

Rocket Power
08-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I think by city law you are allowed to beat up your spouse twice a year without even a fine. So that's a nice perk.
That's only east of 76th st:goof

Anakonda69
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
my taxes are $1000 higher then anyone within 3 blocks of my house. they are ridiculous. $3700 a year for what i have is retarded. waukesha county here i come. lol

DirtyMax
08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Honestly I think it's bullshit.

Me too because now I will probably die in the home I have now, LOL. :goof

97z2801ss
08-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Come on down Russ! Lots of hot rods in Stallis too! My taxes haven't gone up or down in 2 years..stayed the same. I have the biggest lot on my block so I pay a bit more...but whatcha gonna do. Beer drinking is encouraged also.

you live right down the street from my grandparents! Im not sure what they pay but they were bitching about them going up too and my parents live in brookfield and theirs has been the same for awhile.

Russ Jerome
08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
I just got back from a 30 mile one way trip to West Bend, 1.5 acre with a 4 acre private pond attached for $1500 a year tax's, nice house at $139k compared to the $150k Stallis home.

I suppose I could try and justify the travel time and fuel against the $2500 increse in tax's??? The Stallis home is like 4 minutes from my work on HWY and a decent garage.

DirtyMax
08-17-2009, 01:08 PM
I vote for the West Bend. If I didn't have to drive to Oak Creek every day, we'd have already bought up there when we bought where we did. $$ goes so much farther up there!!

Plus it's very likely you will be able to plink moving animals right out your back door in WB, haha.

Rocket Power
08-17-2009, 01:45 PM
If you want to see an angry mob, wait in line in December at W.A. city hall to pay your taxes in person:rolf

SSLEVO
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
I just got back from a 30 mile one way trip to West Bend, 1.5 acre with a 4 acre private pond attached for $1500 a year tax's, nice house at $139k compared to the $150k Stallis home.

I suppose I could try and justify the travel time and fuel against the $2500 increse in tax's??? The Stallis home is like 4 minutes from my work on HWY and a decent garage.

LOL, i think i drove by that place. No Garage and that pond is more of a swamp, lol. They make it look much better in the pictures.

Russ Jerome
08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
It's crystal clear with fish visible across it, 33 west of WB on the south side of the rd, across from quary. A drive with no garage, major fault for me. The Stallis place needs TONS of work but would be a candidate for MTV cribs when done.

DirtyMax
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I actually see the no garage part as an upside actually. That way you can build a garage to your liking and companies like JD Griffith's can have one up for you in a couple of weeks.

u_say_go
08-17-2009, 06:04 PM
come on up here Russ, we'd be glad to have you in West Bend. Good schools, great neighbors, almost no crime, reasonable taxes. The 30 minute drive home from work will be good for you....not too long where it gets annoying, but long enough to unwind after work.

PB86MCSS
08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Taxes are high here and I guess I can't make the argument against West Bend...I'd prefer to be further out, not because of taxes but to have more space and away from dirty people but parts of StAllis aren't too bad. Taxes are high pretty much anywhere in the nearby Milwaukee area...most complaining is justified but sometimes it gets old when the difference is minute. Milwaukee/West Allis/West Milwaukee I believe are the highest taxed municipalities (?).

SSLEVO
08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
It's crystal clear with fish visible across it, 33 west of WB on the south side of the rd, across from quary. A drive with no garage, major fault for me. The Stallis place needs TONS of work but would be a candidate for MTV cribs when done.

Yeah that's the one, it looked like there was a crapload of vegetation on it, more green than water. Didn't look up close though. It was kind of a funny lot so idk if building a huge garage would be so easy. The price is right though.

Russ Jerome
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Did some research and a garage at that spot would have to be away from the pond, away from 33 incase they expand and away from Reisch rd, leaves it out front where it could buffer rd noise from 33. Its a great spot for a person who doesnt plan on wrenching.......Im out.

I cant believe Im getting serious about Stallis with all the work this place needs, its landscape would probably only apeal to me being a bird person. $1500-1680 a month Im gonna be taking in plenty of side jobs if it goes thru.

u_say_go
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
post up links to the west allis house and the WB one too.

SSLEVO
08-17-2009, 09:51 PM
1680 a month is quite a bit, not sure what you make but at 50k i couldn't do it. Once the woman gets a better job and we can save some cash i'll be in the market as well. Don't think i'll get in on it this year though.

jbiscuit
08-18-2009, 07:50 AM
MLS Russ? Where is it at?

Russ Jerome
08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
MLS Russ? Where is it at?

Im putting an offer in on one so give me a day or two :)

SSDude
08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Nice property Russ looks like a steal. You should be able to get the taxes dropped some. It last sold for $220k in 2007. The taxes only went up $500 over the last 8 years.
Somebody's loosing there shirt on this one. Bonus for you:thumbsup

torque.hit
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Taxes are the reason I'm staying out of Milwaukee county for my house hunting.

SpdRcrZ
08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I hate WA taxes...... and the damn tickets they try to give me for parking in front of my own house! I pay my taxes, I should be able to park on the damn street! Hell, they only plow my street every other snow storm, if we're lucky anyway, I end up parking on the street because I'm stuck half the time! They even tried to give me a ticket for parking on my yard, instead of my driveway!

SSDude
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I hate WA taxes...... and the damn tickets they try to give me for parking in front of my own house! I pay my taxes, I should be able to park on the damn street! Hell, they only plow my street every other snow storm, if we're lucky anyway, I end up parking on the street because I'm stuck half the time! They even tried to give me a ticket for parking on my yard, instead of my driveway!

You rebel!

jbiscuit
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice property Russ looks like a steal.

what is the MLS?

SSDude
08-20-2009, 05:32 AM
I'd be checking with the neighbors as to the last time they got flooded basements being right next to the Root River. Should be considered on a flood plane, not sure what your in for with insurance.

Undertaker
08-20-2009, 06:39 AM

Wow, very close to my House....My wife and I live up to West Bend. We like it very much. I think the cheaper cost in house prices justifies the drive. My drive is about 25 miles. Just got a more fuel efficient car to offset the gas prices. Now that BW3's is open there, all that is missing is Best Buy and Sonic.

Lv2xlr8
08-20-2009, 07:44 AM
I moved from a 1056sqft Oak Creek home to a 1700sqft 3 car attached Hartford home, 4 years ago. I am 27 miles from work. You def get more house for the $ in the sticks.:thumbsup