PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise slideshow

Greg@GLD
08-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Fanatic, 1320PNY, Stanman and myself took a road trip over to The Motor City for the 15th Annual "Woodward Dream Cruise"

We had a fantastic time and the weather was perfect the whole time. Thru contacts at SVTOA, we had premier parking spots at the center of the 18 mile long cruise strip on Woodward between 13 Mile and 14 Mile roads.
Here is a link to slideshow:

Click here (http://www.imagelocker.net/woodward2009)

Some samples:

This Mad MAX machine was authentic and the blower was real. It had right-hand drive, it was so cool!

http://imagelocker.net/woodward2009/woodward09_files/madmax1.jpg

When dusk set in one of the nights, the sunset looked awesome and it made the cars shimmer...

http://imagelocker.net/woodward2009/woodward09_files/dsc09116.jpg

http://imagelocker.net/woodward2009/woodward09_files/dsc09114.jpg

If you've never attended this event, you should go, it's worth the trip.

On a side note...
On the ride out there, when we were in Indiana, a Lamborghini pulled up to us and wanted to play. I don't usually do things like this, but I have "highway gears" and a pretty good amount of RWHP, so what the hell. We got out into the open and that dude looked quite surprised to see that he couldn't pull on me, in fact I was able to run up on him to the top of 4th. He gave me a decent thumbs-up. It was too cool. Then we saw him on Woodard two days later. :thumbsup

Between installing a blower upgrade myself, getting to take my Shelby around Ford's Proving Grounds test track, and this cruise to Detroit, I have really had a chance to bond with my GT500. :headbang
Anyway, great times for sure. Hope you enjoy the pix...

michelle
08-17-2009, 07:32 AM
I was hoping you guys would post pictures soon! I'll try harder to go next year.

On my way back from Atlanta last night, I came up to a GT500 on 94. I thought it might be you coming back, but it was the wrong color.

STANMAN
08-17-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't know if you got my text last night Greg, but if you didn't, it basically said "Thanks for the awesome spots at the epicenter of Woodward":rolf. Truley a great experiance cruising out there with "the pack".

And like Greg, I got to play with the Lambo to. With the 4.10's I kept up with him through 4th (120ish), after the shift into 5th it was all over for me however. Then he got to play with the big boy in our group though, and we taught him how Mustangs roll:thumbsup

Another funny story from Woodward (that Jason and Shaun can verify) we stopped for gas in Pontiac (this is also where Shaun got out of a ticket later that night, but he can tell that story:shades) and there's a guy with an older Ferrari vert just DROOLING over our cars. It's funny that a guy who drives a car that's probably worth more than some of our houses even LOOKS at Mustangs, but yeah, he was just awestruck, it was a pretty awesome feeling though:thumbsup

Greg@GLD
08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't know if you got my text last night Greg, but if you didn't, it basically said "Thanks for the awesome spots at the epicenter of Woodward":rolf. Truley a great experiance cruising out there with "the pack".

And like Greg, I got to play with the Lambo to. With the 4.10's I kept up with him through 4th (120ish), after the shift into 5th it was all over for me however. Then he got to play with the big boy in our group though, and we taught him how Mustangs roll:thumbsup

Another funny story from Woodward (that Jason and Shaun can verify) we stopped for gas in Pontiac (this is also where Shaun got out of a ticket later that night, but he can tell that story:shades) and there's a guy with an older Ferrari vert just DROOLING over our cars. It's funny that a guy who drives a car that's probably worth more than some of our houses even LOOKS at Mustangs, but yeah, he was just awestruck, it was a pretty awesome feeling though:thumbsup

I'm glad you guys had fun man, it was something to remember for a lifetime.
I told ya you guys were gonna like that spot. :thumbsup

Get your pix up please!!!

Irish
08-17-2009, 10:10 AM
<-- wishes he would have went!

1320PNY
08-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I uploaded the pics and two vids on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41551622@N02/

I have tons more vids, but I'm in the process of processing them on Adobe and I ran out of hard drive, so I'll do them in chunks and post later.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6459&stc=1&d=1250566039

1320PNY
08-17-2009, 11:06 PM
59wSqz13f38

1320PNY
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
OK, so I got one video up, but I'm calling it a night. I did get pulled over in Pontiac, MI by a MI State Trooper. Bob just got done telling me if we look for trouble long enough, we're going to find it.

I had a Buick Grand National in front of me trying to do a burnout and just hopping the car and then rolled off. There was a large crowd and I stopped because the GN was screwing off and blocking my lane. I was a bit pissed and there was a crowd cheering for this d-bag. So, once I had some room I just let it fly. I bounced it off the rev limiter about 5 times in first and snatched second. I got about a block down and then I saw about 2 million candle watts of light in my mirrors. So I stop, kill the ignition, put the keys on the dash, grab my license and put my wrists at 10 and 2. Cop comes up to the window, looks in the car (I'm wearing tan khaki pants and a Ford blue polo shirt) and says: "I'm gonna make this real easy for ya. Don't do that again!" I proceeded to thank him and he said "not that I care about the burnout, there's just people standing there and somebody might get hurt." And then he ran back to his car to go after the next idiot.

So we basically called it a night and the next morning I headed out of Detroit with my ONE. I may have been stupid for a minute, but ONE warning is all I needed. :thumbsup

946speedz
08-18-2009, 01:56 AM
man lookin at that slide show makes me miss living out there.....well maybe i just miss that one weekend outta the year, other than that it blows, sweet slide show

STANMAN
08-18-2009, 07:49 AM
Ahh, the infamous Lambo run in, good times! You can see my shift light for 5th, that's when it was over for me:rolf