PDA

View Full Version : When will I ever learn...

lordairgtar
08-16-2009, 04:34 PM
...to keep my big fat mouth shut! I went to the Big Bend car show today and then left to see the GTO show at Salentine. I was talking to an older couple who were at the show. They recognized me and asked me about the DQ/Jetz show and if it was still going on this year. I said yes and it's going to continue thru the first two weeks in September. Somehow the conversation wound up on the subject of the GTO show DJ and I said the guy (who fancies himself an Elvis impersonator) cannot sing. He sang his Elvis stuff at car shows with a karaoke set up. He used to DJ and sing at DQ/Jetz every third Thursday, and I had the other three. Holy crap!!! The woman says "Hey!, that's my brother you are talking about". At that time I put the final nail in that coffin by saying he wasn't that great of a DJ, neither. I was on the Fail Train all the way to the last station by this time. My GF just stood there with her mouth wide open in amazement. I am a very non-confrontational person most of the time, and yes I have my opinions about stuff which I voice, but generally, I'm easy going. I think I even surprised myself here. His sister still goes on telling me how he is the Cantor at is church and he's in the choir and he gave hundreds of dollars to an unemployed person in his church and went on and on about how wonderful he was as a human being. I says that is great, not saying he isn't, but he still is not a good singer. (just keep hammering those nails into that coffin) Then they bring up Micheal Jackson saying how great of a humanitarian he was and all that. I never said anything about MJ. They were both wearing matching MJ King Of Pop t shirts, BTW. Was I off my meds? Am I going to burn in Hell for this?

BTW, I never claimed to be the greatest DJ.

Korndogg
08-16-2009, 04:40 PM
fuck em

TheRX7Project
08-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Sometimes, the truth needs to be spoken... but lol!

2006wrxtr
08-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I do that kind of thing alot.. oh well..

0TransAm0
08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
probably the same elvis dude that comes to mcd's in racine on hwy 20 for the thursday car shows.... and yes he sucks...

Yooformula
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM
hahaha awesome!

Reverend Cooper
08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
You get the Mike Cooper seal of approval. If you can't take an opinion then you can fuck off lol

lordairgtar
08-16-2009, 06:30 PM
probably the same elvis dude that comes to mcd's in racine on hwy 20 for the thursday car shows.... and yes he sucks...
Not the same guy.

Goat Roper
08-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Hey, thats my dad

Exitspeed
08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I see no problem here at all. If dude can't sing he can't sing. Look at Simon Cowell. He tells it how it is and people respect him.

0TransAm0
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey, thats my dad

i don't think so...you could be HIS dad tho...:goof

Reverend Cooper
08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Hey, thats my dad

no wonder your such a hunka hunka burning love lol

SSDude
08-16-2009, 07:33 PM
...to keep my big fat mouth shut! I went to the Big Bend car show today and then left to see the GTO show at Salentine. I was talking to an older couple who were at the show. They recognized me and asked me about the DQ/Jetz show and if it was still going on this year. I said yes and it's going to continue thru the first two weeks in September. Somehow the conversation would up on the subject of the GTO show DJ and I said the guy (who fancies himself an Elvis impersonator) cannot sing. He sang his Elvis stuff at car shows with a karaoke set up. He used to DJ and sing at DQ/Jetz every third Thursday, and I had the other three. Holy crap!!! The woman says "Hey!, that's my brother you are talking about". At that time I put the final nail in that coffin by saying he wasn't that great of a DJ, neither. I was on the Fail Train all the way to the last station by this time. My GF just stood there with her mouth wide open in amazement. I am a very non-confrontational person most of the time, and yes I have my opinions about stuff which I voice, but generally, I'm easy going. I think I even surprised myself here. His sister still goes on telling me how he is the Cantor at is church and he's in the choir and he gave hundreds of dollars to an unemployed person in his church and went on and on about how wonderful he was as a human being. I says that is great, not saying he isn't, but he still is not a good singer. (just keep hammering those nails into that coffin) Then they bring up Micheal Jackson saying how great of a humanitarian he was and all that. I never said anything about MJ. They were both wearing matching MJ King Of Pop t shirts, BTW. Was I off my meds? Am I going to burn in Hell for this?

BTW, I never claimed to be the greatest DJ.

:thumbsup:thumbsup Two thumbs up for speaking your mind.

Karps TA
08-16-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't go to the GTO show this year, but the guy last year was bad, and quite frankly a little creepy. He doesn't have much of a voice at all. Reminds me more of a drunk uncle at a wedding.

I wish I would have saw the Big Bend show though, I was thinking of hitting up a show for a bit, but the GTO show aggravates me too much.

lordairgtar
08-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I didn't go to the GTO show this year, but the guy last year was bad, and quite frankly a little creepy. He doesn't have much of a voice at all. Reminds me more of a drunk uncle at a wedding.

I wish I would have saw the Big Bend show though, I was thinking of hitting up a show for a bit, but the GTO show aggravates me too much.
Yup! That's the guy. It all well and good that he does things for his church and charity, but really can't sing. Big Bend did not have many cars, maybe twenty five at the most. They had a lot of bikes and hot girls washing bikes for the burn camp in East Troy. They also had an 1860s vintage baseball game complete with authentic uniforms and rules. There were also old farm tractors and I think they outnumbered the cars. They gave every car owner a four pack of Sprecher Root Beer and the label was special for the car show, kind of like a drinkable dash plaque.

Car Guy
08-16-2009, 10:50 PM
They gave every car owner a four pack of Sprecher Root Beer and the label was special for the car show, kind of like a drinkable dash plaque.

Now that's is a great idea.....:headbang

gottwins?
08-17-2009, 01:20 AM
I would have kept my mouth shut about the DJ, but the line would have been crossed with the MJ bullshit. :punch:

TransAm12sec
08-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Yea, do you wish you said "Do you know him" first?

lordairgtar
08-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Yea, do you wish you said "Do you know him" first?
Just a little.:goof

Al
08-20-2009, 01:11 AM
You could tell them what they want to hear, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

pOrk
08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
It doesnt matter if he is Jesus, if he can't sing he can't sing :)