PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a GOOD veternarian?

juicedimpss
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
To make a long story short,my current vet hasnt been able to take care of my dogs persistant ear infection. Anyone know a GOOD vet around oak creek?

Nix
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Depending on where you live Casserly Veterinary Services is where the wife and I go in Ixonia, Jefferson County.

Other than that the old vet we went to was on Cleveland and Calhoun in New Berlin and they were great as well, but much more pricey compared to where we go now. http://www.parklandplazavet.com/coupons/

94greenbandit
08-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Not near Oak Creek sorry

stenchmiester
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
ron alta view vet clinic on 27th just passed grange or greenfield vet on 27th before ramsey

PureSound15
08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
My dogs got the same deal, Ron. I can clean them with vinegar and water and dry them out and everything - still comes back every single time.

:( If you find something that works let me know - we tried the chewables, now she's got the little drops in the green tube.

juicedimpss
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
My dogs got the same deal, Ron. I can clean them with vinegar and water and dry them out and everything - still comes back every single time.

:( If you find something that works let me know - we tried the chewables, now she's got the little drops in the green tube.

from what ive read,it may be caused by some foods. I have tried a few different brands with different ingredients.

Moparjim
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
I take my dog to Tuckaway on 27th and somewhere southish around College. I DO NOT recommend the place on Ryan road just west of Howell whatever it is called - something animal hospital.

A few years ago I thought my Husky was croaking - I came home and found him curled up in a ball in the corner of the yard, totally unresponsive/out of it he couldn't even stand up. It was fairly warm out and my dumbass son left him outside all day so I wasn't sure if he was just dehydrated or had a storke or something. I couldn't get him to drink or stand or even acknowledge my existance he wa totally out of it. I had to carry him to the car and took him over to the place on Ryan first since it was closest and alledgedly an "animal hospital". He was clearly half dead I had to carry him in and lay him on the floor and i asked if they could take a look at him and all they had to say was "you can make an appointment the next opening we have is Tuesday or whatever - it was like 3-4 days later. I was like lady I think my dog is going to croak right here in the lobby I sure cannot wait 3-4 days... They just shrugged their shoulders!

I took him to Tuckaway then, which is also where I normally take him anyways, and they checked him out RIGHT AWAY, hydrated him by giving him water via a needle under the skin - pretty freaky it was like having a camel lol. They thought maybe his digestive system was backed up since it showed packed on the xrays so they gave him something for that as well. Couple of days later he was back to fairly normal, and I'm convinced either the water or the digestive thing saved his life.

Feature Pony
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
there is a place on Layton Ave (right accross from Venus Ford) Just east of the advance auto on the same side of the street that advance is on, that I take my dog to.

juicedimpss
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I take my dog to Tuckaway on 27th and somewhere southish around College. I DO NOT recommend the place on Ryan road just west of Howell whatever it is called - something animal hospital.

funny thing you say that,that is the current vet i use.

Anakonda69
08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
i take my dogs to layton animal vet hospital on 12th and layton across from martinos. i have a blood hound/shepard mix whose ears are always messed up. i got some drops from them and my wifes cleans them out religiously. the drops work pretty good and i have no complaints about the vet. i even board them there occasionally.

Moparjim
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM

Which? The animal hospital place, or Tuckaway?

juicedimpss
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Which? The animal hospital place, or Tuckaway?

brentwood animal hospital on ryan rd.

Yooformula
08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
is hales corners too far away for ya? we have been using the new vet/hospital on hwy 100 its called Crawford veterinary.

That_Guy
08-14-2009, 05:24 PM
If your willing to go to Richfield my mothers significant other owns richfield area pet clinic. he is really good at what he does and he is a very genuine person who cares for all his clientèle.

Beagle
08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Ive taken my dogs to the one on 32 in Oak creek they are pretty good. They found out one of my dogs was allergic to certain ingredients in there food. I know of another one that is good but its not in Oak creek. Ill find out and let you know. Has Snoop been laying off the rocks and alcohol lately lol

Firefighter Z
08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
brentwood animal hospital on ryan rd.
Them people over there are complete dumbasses...
They wanted to kill my dog cause he had the shits, turns out a friend accidently gave my dog the wrong dog food.

Brentwood gave my dog 12 hrs to live, after 24 hrs I brought him in and said he had 12 hrs to live right? Well here he is WTF is wrong with you people wanting to kill my dog? Let's just say a few people talked to me in the parking lot in what happend and they're dogs are not paitents anymore.

Korndogg
08-14-2009, 06:38 PM

Yeah that place is terrible.

lordairgtar
08-14-2009, 11:13 PM
I know this place is far from where you want to go, but I was surprised at how good and nice these people were. 27th and St Paul, the St Paul Vet. Real inexpensive too. I just got our dog her shots which included blood work for heartt worm, Heart Worm vaccine, Rabies, Robitella, Distemper...all that under $160. They will do spaying for about $200. I was quite happy.

SpdRcrZ
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I take mine to Kunzy (probably spelling it wrong) in Waukesha, between 43 and 59 on 164. Have always been good with my dogs and cats.

My American Bulldog had a problem with his ears. He had an allergy to something, and would get hives, staff infections, and ear infections. Benadril would keep the hives down for the most part, and we had to clean his ear ALL the time. We had spit all over our walls because he would shake his head so much at times.