PDA

View Full Version : Talk about lucky!!

Yooformula
08-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Due to some state aid that received in the past, we were eligible for a free home inspection for efficiency. They sent a guy over to inspect the ENTIRE house and let us know what needs improvement to help with costs.

Ever since radiation, I have been smelling a funny scent but because my senses have been wrecked already I just dismissed it as a fucked up side effect. Turns out I was probably right all along as the inspector found 7 gas leaks! 2 of the leaks were significant enough and required airing of the basement. Well after 2 fans,a crowbar, a hammer and my foot I got the basement window torn out and I learned how to install a new one and got all the gas out of the basement. Several years ago I put silicone around all of the rotted window frames and sealed them shut and opening 1 meant that I had to break the window then rip out the rotted wood frame. Hopefully they will have the leaks sealed up by this weekend but just crazy how stuff comes together when you least expect it. We would have never known probably until someone got sick.:wow

lordairgtar
08-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh wow! That is not good. Glad you got peopel in there to find the trouble. Worse than sick, it could have gone on long enough and caused an explosion. Now, you are going to get the leaks fixed...right?

Yooformula
08-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh wow! That is not good. Glad you got peopel in there to find the trouble. Worse than sick, it could have gone on long enough and caused an explosion. Now, you are going to get the leaks fixed...right?

they said they would be sending someone out to fix the leaks otherwise our home warranty should be taking care of this one.:headbang

lit666
08-14-2009, 08:40 AM
lucky no one smokes in your house.

theavenger333
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
eh usually it was just you downstairs..... or if you had me or other friends over. i just assumed conversation with you left me with a high?