PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic's: OTC gets two thumbs up!

Russ Jerome
08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Customer service rocks!

Have the latest OTC/SPX Genisys EVO scanner, about a month old and a button crapped out (lending it to guys I work with...diesel mechanics. Anyway I put off shipping it because they said 6-8 weeks and I use it daily rather than company laptops as it does EVERYTHING auto/truck.

Shows up not much over a week later, COMPLETE new touchpad and they updated all my heavy truck and domestic/import software to 3 days ago...free!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genisys-2008-EVO-Scanner-OTC-3862-HD-Heavy-Duty-OTC3862_W0QQitemZ160354967278QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ 20090811?IMSfp=TL0908111310004r7310

I know I bitch about everything as I get older but when a company actualy does the job right, I will buy my 3rd and 4th scanners from them for sure.

Car Guy
08-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Good to hear that quality customer service still exists, however, it’s still far too rare of an occurrence.....:)

Plum Crazy
08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
my buddy has one of those, they are great if you dont have a factory scan tool.

Russ Jerome
08-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I've used the older Genisys at Lakeside and own the dinasaur 4000 model but these new "evo" models are the cats pajamas:

Diagnose a high pressure oil issue on a CAT powerd Peterbuilt, walk over to a Subaru for an secondary AIR code and then back over to a Cummins powerd Ford for an EGR issue. You cant have it all, Ford and Navistar have always used retarded programing on some of their model years likewise scanning a propriatary Bosch ABS system in a German built Mercedes Sprinter is not an option but you cant fix junk anyway :)

Plum Crazy
08-13-2009, 04:52 PM
i thank god everyday my dealership doesnt have Sprinter.

Russ Jerome
08-13-2009, 05:43 PM
i thank god everyday my dealership doesnt have Sprinter.

Ha! Im in the process of swapping over custom stand alone "T" in evaportors from factor inlive 5's to newer v-6's. German hoses and metric fitting not sold stateside. Basicaly taking one custom headach from some early 2000 models and fabricating them to work in 2009 models.......I feel your pain 3-fold! We wont even get into the Anti-yawl, Anti-skid, ABS side of the "one wire feeds all sensor multiplexing brake system".

Plum Crazy
08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Ha! Im in the process of swapping over custom stand alone "T" in evaportors from factor inlive 5's to newer v-6's. German hoses and metric fitting not sold stateside. Basicaly taking one custom headach from some early 2000 models and fabricating them to work in 2009 models.......I feel your pain 3-fold! We wont even get into the Anti-yawl, Anti-skid, ABS side of the "one wire feeds all sensor multiplexing brake system".

I was slated to go to Sprinter training but the deal fell thru. (thank God!) it costs either 1000 or 10000 dollars a month to carry the "sprinter" name at a Chrysler dealer, plus you have to buy a specially designed hoist or some crap like that, so they decided they wouldnt deal with it. Its bad enough i have to deal with Crossfires. Im not Viper or Prowler certified(not that i would like to be either)

drewbird91
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Can that thing clear an airbag light on a 2000 ford focus?

spooln30
08-14-2009, 04:29 AM
For air bag lights on ur focus yes they(genisys) can as long as its the up to 2008 model year update. At my shop we have the Snap-On Modis and the Genisys and to be honest for easy use I like the Genisys better. But sometimes the Modis pulls more info. With Euro cars both dont due enough. We just, yesterday got the newest Genisys update and it cost about 850 and thats without the newest Euro updates. What a HUGE rip off. IMO. I miss the jumper wire/flashing codes. But to OP thats a great buy. $850 just for ur update. :stare

drewbird91
08-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Does someone want to clear my airbag light on the focus? A case of beer will be involved. PM me if interested.

Russ Jerome
08-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Does someone want to clear my airbag light on the focus? A case of beer will be involved. PM me if interested.

PM sent!