PDA

View Full Version : What a Joke.

Lash
08-13-2009, 11:59 AM
:rolleyes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/08/13/stallworth/index.html#ixzz0O4vPA1WW

84hurst
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM
"Stallworth was given a 30-day jail sentence and reached an undisclosed financial settlement with the family"

So basically he paid his way out of jail...

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Yep likes lots of people do.

He didn't hit this guy on the sidewalk or something. From what I've seen the guy he hit came out into the road.

From the report

"The last page of the report, a hand drawn diagram of the accident scene, shows Reyes was not in a marked crosswalk. For reasons we may never know, he decided to try and cross the busy road where the east and westbound lanes are divided by a concrete barrier.
The diagram shows the collision was at the front passenger corner of Stallworth's 2005 Bentley. The Browns wide receiver was in the far left hand lane nearest to the median.
"

So if Stallworth was anything other then "drunk" he wouldn't have served even a day in jail most likely.

-stew-
08-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Yep likes lots of people do.

He didn't hit this guy on the sidewalk or something. From what I've seen the guy he hit came out into the road.

From the report

"The last page of the report, a hand drawn diagram of the accident scene, shows Reyes was not in a marked crosswalk. For reasons we may never know, he decided to try and cross the busy road where the east and westbound lanes are divided by a concrete barrier.
The diagram shows the collision was at the front passenger corner of Stallworth's 2005 Bentley. The Browns wide receiver was in the far left hand lane nearest to the median.
"

So if Stallworth was anything other then "drunk" he wouldn't have served even a day in jail most likely.

Agreed. Reyes was running around in traffic; bad idea. Stallworth was driving drunk; bad idea. Stallworth never tried to duck the heat, he stood tall before the man, and awaited whatever punishment was handed him. He forked over, presumably, large amounts of cash to the family to help relieve the pain he had caused them. In today's world of people failing to take responsibility for their actions, Stallworth stands out as a noble man.

What would an appropriate sentence be?

subliminal1284
08-13-2009, 12:27 PM
If he had not of been drunk no charges would of even been filed against him since he wouldnt of been at fault because the pedestrian was not in a crosswalk.

Lash
08-13-2009, 12:33 PM
If he had not of been drunk no charges would of even been filed against him since he wouldnt of been at fault because the pedestrian was not in a crosswalk.

But he WAS drunk.
Who's to say that if he wasn't drunk he would have never hit the guy in the first place???

Stallworth stands out as a noble man

It's getting deep now! :rolf

WickedSix
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
should if's and but's become candy and nuts you'd be as rich a man as stallworth....hard to predict what WOULD have happened in a different scenario... from the stories it appears to be a push so far as who was at fault.... he called the police and didn't run didnt seem to avoid everything like so many others. Give credit where credit is due...he didnt go into instant protect my own ass mode like so many other football players in bad situations...ala the guy in chicago who put a lambo up an ebankment and left the scene

-stew-
08-13-2009, 12:42 PM
But he WAS drunk.
Who's to say that if he wasn't drunk he would have never hit the guy in the first place???

It's getting deep now! :rolf

Who's to say if the guy wasn't playing in traffic, stallworth wouldn't have just drove home without incident?

Lets not speculate what coulda happened, lets talk about what did happen.

And you are taking only half of my statement, and using it out of context.

Silver03SRT
08-13-2009, 12:52 PM
homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle. dont drive drunk and you wouldnt have to worry. Michael Vick is charged with dog fighting and gets a bigger sentence than a man who killed someone. This world is F*cked up.

HY35F2T
08-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I know damn well if i was driving drunk hit someone that was playing in the road i wouldnt just get 30days.:fire

fucken horse shit what happen to oh dosent matter if the vicitum(s) family wants to press charges or not the state is going to.

Plum Crazy
08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Just remember, you get less jail time for killing a person than killing 7 dogs. (Mike Vick)

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 01:43 PM
MIKE VICK BROKE FEDERAL LAWS. Not just killed 7 dogs. He ran a gambling ring, he didn't pay taxes on the money made gambling. These are big deals.

It was alot more then he just killed some dogs. He didn't go to jail for just killing dogs.

It's funny that some don't think what Stallworth did was standup by admitting guilt, are probably the same people who if busted for a speeding ticket would try and fight it regardless of the fact that you broke the law.

VroomPshhTsi
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Just watched the piece on NFL Live with the Stallworth interview where he goes over everything that happened. It's hard to prove that the alcohol caused the accident. From what they have, it seems that Mr. Reyes ran into the road to catch a bus and didn't see Stallworth's car. Yes 30 days in jail is a joke for DUI manslaughter, but there are lots of other punishments besides that. There is the year suspended from NFL (probably a couple million dollars there), some sort of house arrest for 2 years (can only leave with permission), lost his Florida driving license for LIFE, and more. I'm not saying Stallworth got off easy or cuz of his money, but I'm not pointing down on Stallworth saying he's a low life piece of shit either. He should not have driven drunk and Mr. Reyes should not have ran into traffic (he would probably be at fault for the accident in this case, from the evidence presented). The only thing up for debate is the reaction time. They have a really low quality video that shows part of the accident, but they can't conclude anything from it.

Difference between Stallworth and Vick is that Stallworth made one bad decision and tried everything in his power to right it after it happened. Vick made many bad decisions then when he got caught, he lied about it and tried to cover his own tail.

Plum Crazy
08-13-2009, 02:34 PM
MIKE VICK BROKE FEDERAL LAWS. Not just killed 7 dogs. He ran a gambling ring, he didn't pay taxes on the money made gambling. These are big deals.

It was alot more then he just killed some dogs. He didn't go to jail for just killing dogs.

It's funny that some don't think what Stallworth did was standup by admitting guilt, are probably the same people who if busted for a speeding ticket would try and fight it regardless of the fact that you broke the law.

And killing someone isnt????? where are your priorites??? Last time i checked, humans came first, then animals.

-stew-
08-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Last time i checked, humans came first, then animals.

Not when you have a huge political group like PETA lobbying for animal rights.

tommyt5078
08-13-2009, 03:38 PM
I think what he got was far....................I think if this happened here in Wisconsin he would have got less.

Since I lived in this state I remember reading in the Journal Sentinel about a old lady (84) who took some pain med's (DWI TYPE STUFF) and then drove with her friend in the car, they got in a accident and the other lady was killed, the old lady didn't serve one day in jail, she was not put on probation either, got her DL taking and fined, that's all she got................If anything the joke is on the people of Wisconsin and this state, please remember were you live before questioning another states ability to prosecute people, again if he lived here he would have got less.

Silver03SRT
08-13-2009, 03:50 PM
This shows priorities human life isn't as important as money or animals.

flyin_blue_egg
08-13-2009, 08:00 PM
And killing someone isnt????? where are your priorites??? Last time i checked, humans came first, then animals.

i think his point was that vick broke multiple FEDERAL LAWS. He's not saying that an animals life should be held higher then that of a human, but stalworth broke one STATE LAW, were Vick broke multiple state and federal laws

Karps TA
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Not only that but Stallworth made a ONE time mistake. Vick was knowingly breaking FEDERAL laws for years.

How about this example.

You're driving in a 25 mph zone, but since nobody goes 25, you're doing 30. And just as you reach down to change a cd, a kid runs out in front of you and you hit him killing him. Are you willingly going to tell the judge that you will go to jail for the rest of your life? You clearly broke the law, and someone died. Doesn't make a difference the severity of what you did a person died. So by some of your reasoning you should be man enough not to even fight it and completely give up your life.

What happened to Stallworth could happen to anyone. If he had drove up on a sidewalk and killed the guy, or ran a red light or even hit the guy in the crosswalk, I'd agree completely, but the guy who died here could have easily not ran out into the middle of a road just as well.

lordairgtar
08-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I know damn well if i was driving drunk hit someone that was playing in the road i wouldnt just get 30days.:fire

fucken horse shit what happen to oh dosent matter if the vicitum(s) family wants to press charges or not the state is going to.
Truth!^^^
My Brother In Law was DUI and while DUI, he ran over a guy who passed out drunk in the middle of a busy highway. It was 3AM and very foggy. Didn't see the guy until he was right up on him and the guy died. BIL served a couple of years in Prison for that one, even though he wasn't plastered into oblivion.

Smokey1226
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Agreed. Reyes was running around in traffic; bad idea. Stallworth was driving drunk; bad idea. Stallworth never tried to duck the heat, he stood tall before the man, and awaited whatever punishment was handed him. He forked over, presumably, large amounts of cash to the family to help relieve the pain he had caused them. In today's world of people failing to take responsibility for their actions, Stallworth stands out as a noble man.

very nicely put. Tough call forsure!

That_Guy
08-14-2009, 12:01 PM

i watched some sort of news special on this. he sounded very shaken up on the 911 call that he made. he for sure is taking it like a man and not ducking out. its sad that this happen to both parties. at least he is taking responsiblilty and in the end it will show everybody his true character. bad things happen to good people all the time.. visa versa with bad people having good happen to them. its just how the world works. in the end we all get judged by are creator. provided you believing in that sorta deal.

-stew-
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
After thinking about this, I almost think him giving money to the family is better, and does more good, than him spending 5/10 years in jail (what ever you feel is justified). Money makes the world go round, and it can make bad things go away.

I don't think anyone here wouldn't do everything they could financially afford to do, were this shoe on their foot. What Stallworth did was little different than any of us hiring a lawyer to defend us in a speeding ticket, or a DUI. Stallworth just did it on a grander scale.

HY35F2T
08-14-2009, 12:40 PM
kiss some ass put on a act and throw some money and your free to do what you want.

HITMAN
08-15-2009, 05:04 AM

I'd say about 30 fucking years. Who has this asshole ever helped? I mean besides himself? He's just some POS football player. I can think of a certain doctor that probably helped thousands of people before his life spiraled out of control that will be serving about that much time for basically doing the same thing. And a bunch of you yo-yos wanted to see him strung up by his balls. Do you think that this was Stallworth's first time drunk driving? Oh, but he's special. He's a sports hero and he was remorseful. Big fucking deal, so was that dip-shit doctor, IIRC. Whatever...:rolleyes:

Like I said before, hypocrisy abounds...

tommyt5078
08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Like I already said if this happened in wisconsin he would have got less then what he did.

This below is from last year here in wisconsin.

An Illinois man accused of drunken driving in a 2008 snowmobile crash that killed a Chicago TV journalist has been sentenced to three years probation and 100 hours of community service.

Vilas County Circuit Judge Neal Nielsen III handed down that sentence Monday after Scott Hirschey of Crystal Lake pleaded no contest to homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle, a felony.

Prosecutors say the 45-year-old Hirschey's blood-alcohol level was more than double the legal limit to drive when he crashed his snowmobile into a tree near Sayner on Jan. 24, 2008, killing passenger Randy Salerno. Salerno was a morning anchor for Chicago's CBS-TV affiliate and a longtime friend of Hirschey's.

District Attorney Albert Moustakis says he recommended no jail time for Hirschey, in part because Salerno's family did not want that.

Again the joke is on us or the people of wisconsin!!!!!

gottwins?
08-17-2009, 01:23 AM
homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle. dont drive drunk and you wouldnt have to worry. Michael Vick is charged with dog fighting and gets a bigger sentence than a man who killed someone. This world is F*cked up.

Exactly, if it was anyone else on this forum we would be at the booty house and crucified for drunk driving, and that is a fact....gotta love the special treatment.