PDA

View Full Version : Big changes for the Brewers

Karps TA
08-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Castro canned
Hardy to the minors
Escobar called up
Hall released
and Bosio brought up to be the pitching coach.

:stare

Nix
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I think the Basio move is a great move.

The other moves are good as well, espically getting Hall the fuck outta town. :headbang

I do feel bad for Castro though. He has been with the Brewers for a long ass time. He'll find another place to call home though.

70challenger452
08-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I've been calling for castro's head for quite some time now so I was happy about that. As far as swapping Hardy for Escobar, I really don't see the point. I don't think Escobar isn't an upgrade nor downgrade but I guess it'll be fun to see the kid play and hopefully this will get him the experience so he can be our fulltime SS next year. It's sad to see Bill Hall go, expectially for me because he was the hero of my trip to St.Louis last year when I watched the brew crew sweep the cards, if only he could have found the bat that got him team MVP couple years ago.

TraceDaddy
08-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Thought I'd be first to post. Rats. Good moves all around I think.

Karps TA
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd have liked to see 1 more thing done. Kendall to the street.

Well and maybe our hitter's shouldn't be coached by a career .236 hitter, who's best year was only hitting .252 with 133 strike outs.

Silver350
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Hopefully They can get someone to pick up Hall contract. Info from JS online.

Brewers BlogThe Journal Sentinel sports staff brings fans the latest news and inside dope on the Brewers
Bill Hall is released
By Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel
Aug. 12, 2009 11:19 a.m.

The hits just keep coming from Miller Park this morning.

Now, the Brewers are announcing they have designated infielder/outfielder Bill Hall for assignment and are calling up OF Jason Bourgeois from Class AAA Nashville.

Details to follow.

And here are the details:

Hall has been in a two-year batting slump and is batting .201 with six homers and 24 RBI in 214 at-bats. The Brewers are eating some big-time money by dumping Hall. He has a $6.8 million salary this year and $8.4 million next year. There is an option for 2011 for $9.25 million, with a $500,000 buyout.

The Brewers have 10 days to trade Hall, release him or have him accept a minor league assignment. But don't look for anybody to claim that salary. The Brewers will be stuck with the money, so this is a bold move.

In 105 games with Nashville, Bourgeois was batting .316 with 18 doubles, six triples, two homers and 41 RBI, with a .354 OBP.

They're blowing things up at Miller Park this morning. Huge wake-up calls being delivered. Last night obviously was the tipping point.

This is becoming Black Wednesday for the Brewers.

jbiscuit
08-12-2009, 01:07 PM
BOUT TIME!!!! I sure hope the Crew isn't trying to make some moves to try and get a play off spot. Calling up rookies to get the job done isn't going to. This is the big leagues sonny. I think Escobar has a lot of talent so he COULD be a great fit in the line-up. I swear the Crew kept Hardy around cuz every college girl in WI thinks he is dreamy. I appreciate they want to shake things up but if this is their attempt and putting together a strong team for the run to the playoffs, this isn't it. I'm with Karps that Kendall is the last one that really NEEDS to go. Nice throw to 3rd last night d-bag.

Karps TA
08-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I think this is a message sender more then anything else. That anyone is replaceable (except Kendall). I think Mark A. want's a message sent that this will not be the same old Brewers organization that thrives on disappointment.

JC70SS
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Fuck that!!! Hall was one of my fav players. That cock suck Yost only letting him bat against lefties was a bunch of SHIT!! I am sorry, but cutting a players reps down when they are in a slump is STUPID! Then that butt fuck Macha followed his foot steps. I think 3 things need to happen.

1. Get rid og Hart
2. Get rid of Hardy
3. Can MELVIN:flipoff2:

Karps TA
08-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Are you related to Bill Hall? Cause he's sucked for a long time now. I especially love when he does actually hit a ball and it's a long fly ball out but he stands at the plate and watches it like he just hit a 500 ft homer. He's got a hole in his swing the size of miller park, and refuses to fix it. He had plenty of chances to show he was worth keeping and constantly failed.

He's good 1 game a year, Mother's day.

Reverend Cooper
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
if they could just get consistant pitching,not even phenomenal,just consistant.

94greenbandit
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I think they should make Ricky Weeks the DH while they are at it :D

JC70SS
08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Are you related to Bill Hall? Cause he's sucked for a long time now. I especially love when he does actually hit a ball and it's a long fly ball out but he stands at the plate and watches it like he just hit a 500 ft homer. He's got a hole in his swing the size of miller park, and refuses to fix it. He had plenty of chances to show he was worth keeping and constantly failed.

He's good 1 game a year, Mother's day.

Well if you got that few at bats would would suck that bad too! He was a great player.

awsomeears
08-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I'd have liked to see 1 more thing done. Kendall to the street.

Don't take this personally but your OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND :goof

Kendall does plenty for this team :thumbsup

Lash
08-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Great moves.....but FAR too late.

Bill Hall sucks ass. For the last 3 years he's struck out 1 time for every 3 at bats. This year alone he has almost twice as many strikeouts as he does hits.

Kendal needs to go too. He's at least at some fault for all of those shitty games pitched. And lets not even talk about him at the plate.
These days you NEED a chatecher who can produce...especially in the NL. You can't afford to waste TWO AT BATS (catcher and pitcher spot)!!!! Look at what these other teams (playoff contenders) have...

Lets name a few: AVG/HR/RBI/RUNS... At-Bats
Jorge Posada- .283/15/53/39... 272AB
Victor Martinez - .281/17/75/61... 423AB
AJ Pierzynski - .313/12/33/43... 351AB
Mike Napoli - .294/16/43/45... 282AB
Joe Mauer- .369/20/66/64... 333AB
Brian McCann- .287/12/56/41... 327AB
John Baker- .278/8/37/46... 266AB
Yadier Molina- .290/5/38/34... 259AB
Russell Martin- .267/3/33/47... 367AB

Other good catchers not on good teams:
Kurt Suzuki- .283/9/53/52... 407AB
Bengie Molina- .265/14/61/34... 378AB
Miguel Montero- .290/11/38/36... 276AB
Miguel Olivo- .246/16/42/34... 284AB

Jason Kendal .228/1/28/32 329AB
:rolleyes:

jbiscuit
08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Kendall is one of the worst hitters in the NL.....watch him hit! WIth a guy on 1st and Kendall up, you better send him early otherwise its almost a guaranteed double play. When he hit that homer a couple days ago I was cracking up. He actually swung at one and hit it hard, imagine that! Throwing the bat at the ball with one arm is not going to produce hard hit balls. Sure he might call a good game but so do 20 other catchers in MLB. He has to go. 2010 season needs to be a rebuilding year. The fun we had last year in the playoffs is over...this year started off strong and they have been sliding ever since. I'm not sure if that is Macha's fault or what but he is the Captain so he needs to be held responsible for not getting it done. Kendall in the lead off slot? Really? :rolf

jbiscuit
08-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Guys that need to go:
Weeks, Hardy (don't dick around with Triple A ball....the college girl fans will have to get over it. He sucks), Hart, Kendall.

Hang on to:
Lopez, McGehee,, Braun, Fielder, Rivera, Counsel (only cuz he can play any position and do it relatively well). Rebuild the rest of the slots you need...trade for/buy some decent players that can hit to fill the voids.

This doesn't address pitching which continues to be a joke this season. Spend some coin and sign a couple decent starters. We need guys that can go 6 innings at least.

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Well if you got that few at bats would would suck that bad too! He was a great player.

Rivera gets in fewer at bats and still makes an impact when playing.

As for Kendall he gets all the praise when pitchers do well, but when they have bad games it's never his fault for calling a bad game. Funny how Parra pitches so much better when Kendall is not catching him. I wonder how many other guys would benefit from that change as well. And whatever minor "pluses" he has as catcher, they don't make up for the fact that he hit's like a 9 year old girl at the plate.

jbiscuit
08-13-2009, 08:27 AM
I heard a comment on Brewers radio a couple weeks back about Kendall making good contact with the ball most of the time. Contact yes. He doesn't strike out much I'll give him that. But good contact was laughable

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Good contact meaning a soft bouncer to the SS or 2nd baseman usually resulting in a double play. Sometimes he really gets a hold of one and sends a flyball past the infield dirt. But that's only when he eats his Wheaties that morning.

What sux is he used to be a great hitter. He's really only been shitty since joining the Brewers. But that's probably because he's concentrated so hard on making our pitching staff better.....

07ROUSHSTG3
08-13-2009, 09:27 AM
What sux is he used to be a great hitter. He's really only been shitty since joining the Brewers. But that's probably because he's concentrated so hard on making our pitching staff better.....

well, i would think that has something to do with it. they say that he is the most committed catcher in the league. has to be pretty tough on him to see the pitching suffering. if they do keep him, maybe with some decent pitching he will relax a bit and come out of his slump.

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I was being sarcastic. He swings a bat like a little girl.

Maybe he should put some gloves on and stop being a tough guy.

07ROUSHSTG3
08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
I was being sarcastic. He swings a bat like a little girl.

Maybe he should put some gloves on and stop being a tough guy.

well i wasn't. i do think that if the pitching staff would be doing better, his job would be easier, and thus maybe he would be playing a bit better?!?!? i have a feeling that we are stuck with him through the rest of the season. i think that macha loves him.

and i am pretty sure that he does mixed martial arts as a pastime?!?! hopefully he hits better in that?!?!?

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 09:58 AM
If you fight him just move your body like a curve ball and he'll never hit you.

DirtyMax
08-13-2009, 02:02 PM
i have a feeling that we are stuck with him through the rest of the season. i think that macha loves him.

Uh... he put a .220 slow ass catcher in the leadoff spot.. ya think?!?!? :goof

jbiscuit
08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
What sux is he used to be a great hitter. He's really only been shitty since joining the Brewers.

Well thank god he changed his hitting style once coming here so his defensive prowess could really be showcased.*

* see throw to third base Tuesday night

DirtyMax
08-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Rivera is constantly making a strong case for why he should be the everyday catcher and is making an exceptionally strong case today (2 for 2 with 2 HR and 5 RBI already in the 3rd inning!!!).

Karps TA
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
And Parra is pitching very well. So I guess Rivera can call a game just fine.

Fuck Kendall.

wikked
08-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Awesome catch Felipe...