PDA

View Full Version : Justice League car show (To help Yoosofs family!) ROLL CALL!!!

nismodave
08-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I cannot mke the show due to work schedule. If things were not so f'd up at work, I would try to take off.:mad: So I feel sort of strange making this thread.....But anyway.......

Please show your support for Yoo and family this Saturday, by attending the show at GLD!!!

This is a big deal with some major car clubs orginizing this, and it would be great to have a good number of BCMers there.

http://www.bcsm.net/justiceleague/justiceLeague09b.pdf

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39502

Alright, who is all goin? :thumbsup

Holeshot
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I talked to Yoosof Saturday. While he knows I want very much to be there and support him and his family, Ill will be flying out to Seattle on Sunday for my 20th wedding anniversary.

I will be there in spirit.

stenchmiester
08-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I will be in attendance not sure if ill be bringing the bronco but I will do what I can also are there gonna be bcm stickers available again

stenchmiester
08-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Btw what is the cost of this again. I didn't see it in the original thread

nismodave
08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Btw what is the cost of this again. I didn't see it in the original thread

Click the first link. :thumbsup

lordairgtar
08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Been looking forward to this all month. Looks like the weather is going to be nice. Come on up and say hello:thumbsup

lilws6
08-11-2009, 10:51 PM
damn it i gata work on this one as well and cant take off

xxtremeteam
08-11-2009, 10:56 PM
damn workin now as well

-stew-
08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Any kinda caravan down there?

Memphis
08-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Any kinda caravan down there?

You can bring your caravan if you like, even run it down the track!:goof

PureSound15
08-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Wont be able to make this one :(

Greg@GLD
08-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey all, there needs to be some clarification regarding info on that flyer, and this is coming right from Randy, the majority track owner...

This event was not supposed to be scheduled on the same day as True Street, that was a mistake, and we can't have "unlimited time runs" because the T/S people have priority on the track. We will be ending the time runs for car show attendees around 2-2:30 PM. Also, you have to be there by noon to get the lower price spectator entry for anyone you bring with you.

Thanks for understanding...

Moparjim
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
I will be there.

DR.FORD
08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll be there racing in True Street-stop by and say Hi!!
I'll be the one waxing my street car that I race:thumbsup
Damn black cars:goof

juicedimpss
08-13-2009, 11:18 AM
I'll be there racing in True Street-stop by and say Hi!!
I'll be the one waxing my street car that I race:thumbsup
Damn black cars:goof

ill be there hanging out near your car,just so it looks like im doing something.
:thumbsup

Larrygto
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I'll be there early to show some support, But I cant stay long.:(

CPonyGo
08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
sorry in the same position as Gave..gotta take the work on Sat....if anyone is hooking up afterward, I will watch the threads...

Racer X79
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
I plan on heading down and running my Malibu. Does anyone know if you can bring a support truck with tools, jack, ramps, etc.. like a normal test and tune night and park in the pits as usual? Or is the plan to park in the car show and take a few passes and then pull back into the car show area? It really doesn't matter either way but I never take it easy on the car and I may need the tools or the tow strap, lol. :thumbsup

NitrousPig
08-14-2009, 08:56 AM
You should be able to park in the pits with a tow vehicle, you may have to pay extra to do so.

Hope to bring a couple of cars for the show as well as stand around with Ron with a couple of the cars in True Street to look like I'm doing something as well. :thumbsup

Larrygto
08-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Now it looks like I can't make it, But I'd still like to help out if possible? Is there going to be a BCM car show like last year?

Moparjim
08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
The "BCM" car show was already back in May... This appears to be another "BCM and others" car show though - Not to mention benefiting one of our members!

lordairgtar
08-14-2009, 02:45 PM
This one involves all who consider themselves a part of Justice League Of Car Clubs. All have come together to help someone in need. BCM, WSRA, The Losers, Kirchayn Kruisers, Original Memories, Memories, several businesses related to the car hobby, and a bunch of others from Wisconsin and Illinois.

DR.FORD
08-14-2009, 05:14 PM
The "BCM" car show was already back in May... This appears to be another "BCM and others" car show though - Not to mention benefiting one of our members!

I'm sure you'll dig that "Big Willie" will be at the track, he was there Thursday night. King of the street racers back in the day with his Modaddies:thumbsup

Feature Pony
08-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm sure you'll dig that "Big Willie" will be at the track, he was there Thursday night. King of the street racers back in the day with his Modaddies:thumbsup

Big Willie Rocks!!!! I wish he still owned his daytonas that he used to race back in the day!! He was at the mopar nats this year :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
08-14-2009, 06:41 PM
good luck with this Yoo

DR.FORD
08-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Big Willie Rocks!!!! I wish he still owned his daytonas that he used to race back in the day!! He was at the mopar nats this year :thumbsup

Last year I went to New Jersey to pick up a set of NOS '70 Cuda quarters. The guy selling them had just bought Big Willies white Daytona-complete with helmet and jacket! He is restoring it to stock(!), so I bought the race 'glass seats with covers, seat belts, steering wheel,etc. from the car and they are now in my '41 Willys steel gasser. I am happy to have the history in MY car now!

stenchmiester
08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
any news on stickers yet?

JRink
08-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I plan on going. What time are people getting there? I'm not much of an early bird.

JR

Yooformula
08-14-2009, 10:47 PM

sorry, yes stickers will be available.

lordairgtar
08-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Yup! Like Yoo said, they are available. I already have one on my HHR trucklet.

stenchmiester
08-15-2009, 09:46 AM
im heading out the door right now see yall soon

Larrygto
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Stoped by for a short time this morning wish I could have stayed longer, Nice show! Hope you guys have a good time and make a lot of money for a good guy!!

Irish
08-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Well, it is what it is Josh. I've told people to come and talk to me about events like this, but they decide to go to someone else, and in this case, twice to the same person, who is not with the track anymore...

Anyway, hope the event goes well for all those involved with it.

*NOTICE*

Call Greg to setup GLD shows. :thumbsup

Troutman
08-15-2009, 03:07 PM
am i wrong in reading that this show ends at 4? i drove down there and pulled into the gate @2 and was told by the woman that "they stopped the at 2", and that i had to pay $20 if i wanted to enter? this is the 2nd time something like this has happened, where information differs from what is posted or someone working the gate does not know whats going on. needless to say i turned around, and have made my last trip down there.

sorry Yoo,. if the money were going to you i would have paid, but i doubt that it would have,. if there is a fund set up, or if you have a paypal, please PM me the information. i would be more than happy to make a donation to you and your family.

stenchmiester
08-15-2009, 03:44 PM
It was stated in this thread that to get in for a cheaper price u needed to be there by 12

Karps TA
08-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Great turnout. Nice seeing so many car clubs coming together like this.

Troutman
08-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Also, you have to be there by noon to get the lower price spectator entry for anyone you bring with you.

It was stated in this thread that to get in for a cheaper price u needed to be there by 12

didnt have anyone with me..

Yooformula
08-15-2009, 06:08 PM
am i wrong in reading that this show ends at 4? i drove down there and pulled into the gate @2 and was told by the woman that "they stopped the at 2", and that i had to pay $20 if i wanted to enter? this is the 2nd time something like this has happened, where information differs from what is posted or someone working the gate does not know whats going on. needless to say i turned around, and have made my last trip down there.

sorry Yoo,. if the money were going to you i would have paid, but i doubt that it would have,. if there is a fund set up, or if you have a paypal, please PM me the information. i would be more than happy to make a donation to you and your family.

that sucks that you couldnt come out. Such a badass car you have there! Funny because we saw people still coming in after 2 and nobody really left until after the 3pm raffle.

Once again, we are all very thankful for the work and effort put in by the Justice League car clubs! There was a total of 19 clubs with well over 200 cars attending and alot was donate!

Huge thanks to BCSM, HOTROD RADIO, GLD, Lord Air Guitar, the volunteers, the participants and again to the Justice League for all of the work organizing this event and getting all the car clubs together.

Daisey_Moonshine
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I was there with my kids for a little while towards the end. Better late than never! I got held up at home and Illinois traffic was ridiculous today.

We had to pay full price for spectator tickets :p lol thank god for Visa!

We had fun watching the Outlaw and True Street events. Shelby (age 12) was pretty good at picking the winners.

That poor 67 GTO never made it down the track, Aww.

Funniest name ever announced over the loudpeaker: Jimmy Balls!

Thanks to Lord Air Guitar donating his time as DJ entertainment! You rock, L.A.G.!

Anyway, Good luck with everything Yooformula : ) You did good today!

lordairgtar
08-15-2009, 07:38 PM
damn, Troutman, somebody got screwed up down there. You should have been able to pay like seven bucks. I got to talk to Big Willie for quite some time. He was sitting in that old Mofoco (appropriate, yes?) truck by the pit shack. Cool dude. He was telling me about the Daytonas and stuff. Saw some old car club stuff and an old hotrod and a rail job and even Firesuit Phill's gasser. You guys realize I wasn't the only DJ there that donated time. Ruth and her husband Jim were up with the Illinioz Kruisers and did the 9 to Noon shift at which time I took over and ran until the generator ran out of gas a bit after 4PM....LOL. As much as I appreciate the compliments, there were a bunch of people that made this possible and the entertainment was a tiny tiny part of it.

Memphis
08-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Great turnout. Nice seeing so many car clubs coming together like this.

To bad you left early, you'll never guess what I won for a door prize!

Holeshot
08-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Im really sorry I missed all of you and the show. I got home at 6 from work and just finished packing for Seattle. Yoosof glad the turn out was great, you deserve it for all you have been through. You, Deb and the kids are a my family and I would do anything for ya.

Daisey_Moonshine
08-15-2009, 09:11 PM

Did you get the crystal skull? lolz :banana1:

jbiscuit
08-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Had a great time. Lots of nice cars, great door prizes and silent raffle items. Great weather also.

Karps TA
08-16-2009, 09:08 AM

I bet it doesn't beat my corrugated plastic Applie Pie Liquor sign and size small Tru Street camping hat. :thumbsup

Memphis
08-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I bet it doesn't beat my corrugated plastic Applie Pie Liquor sign and size small Tru Street camping hat. :thumbsup

Oh I bet it might!

Did you get the crystal skull? lolz :banana1:

Why yes, yes I did thank you very much!:thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
08-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Man you suck lol ^ I totally wanted that....I really wish I could have gone

Karps TA
08-16-2009, 11:07 AM
if you honestly got that you suck!

Hey don't you owe me for those 2 Nite Owl gift certs? lol

Irish
08-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah those skulls go for like $50 in the liquor store! Pricey!

Memphis
08-16-2009, 11:30 AM
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd67/memphis0703/cool%20pictures/crystalhead.jpg

Would I lie to you? I have some nice door prizes I'd be wiling to swap for those gift certificates. A baseball hat, a dish towel, some soda pop, race glaze...whatcha need?:goof

Daisey_Moonshine
08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm glad he went to a BCM member home, and not somebody random.

Take good care of him, Memphis.