PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at AutoZone, I have a question.

Firefighter Z
08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Does anyone here work at Autozone?

I have 2 New Upper ball joints that I bought from there a few years ago but I just never installed them...

Well now dummy me I start on my suspension work and find out that they are totally not the right ones... I HAD the recipet but I threw it out and it wouldn't of matter anyways cause its been a few years.

Is there anyway I could do a trade or something?

Anyone help me out?:confused I'd like to go to GLD this weekend.:thumbsup

-Josh

Rocket Power
08-11-2009, 04:05 PM
and find out that they are totally not the right ones... Has happened to me more than once there, but I had the receipt, hope someone can help you out.

972500V8
08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
well depending on how old they are, you might be able to. They keep track of info that has warranty's on it, but i don't know how far back they stay. My buddy used to work there.

If you go in and ask them to look it up for you they might. If they say you need a recipet its cause there lazy and dont want to look it up. They can look up all your info with just your phone number u gave them for the warranty to begin with.

But once again it depends on how old they are, i do not know how far back they keep that info.

subliminal1284
08-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Just take it in and see if they will exchange it.

Yooformula
08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Just take it in and see if they will exchange it.

what he said! otherwise have em look up the warranty info using your phone number if option a doesnt work.

GHOSST
08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Fat chance, Autozone has some tools at some stores, and I'm not talking about Craftsman.

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
talk to turtle, he works at the autozone that i usually go to...in watertown.

Autocepticon:Skidmar
08-14-2009, 06:43 AM
i used to work at an autozone, it depends on the warranty and the management staff on hand. you should still be able to get store credit

michelle
08-14-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm always amazed at how differently I get treated at parts stores after I give them my commercial account number.

I called the local Adanced and spoke to the same guy who kept telling me that they didn't have a coolant system pressure tester. Adam calls 5 minutes later and is told that they have one for rental.

Sprayaway Fox
08-14-2009, 07:22 AM
They will take them back, They will need a manager override but just tellem to look up warranty. If they BS you they can still take them back with With a no reciept return. Damn I hated working at that place but I loved it somehow. Just keep your cool or they will tell they wont take them back.

Firefighter Z
09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Well I got my problem solved.

I sent an e-mail to Autozone Corp. Office about my situation and last week and today the district managerfor the milwaukee area called me this morning and said bring the parts to the store and we'll give you the correct ones.

Who would have known that there is still customer service out there for parts I bought in 2007. Most places well tell ya your shit out of luck live with it. But I guess since I went to the top I got my way.

I really wasn't counting on this though.

Car Guy
09-10-2009, 06:29 PM
That is good to hear, however with anything the outcome usually depends tremendously on how you go about it.....:thumbsup

Holeshot
09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Who would have known that there is still customer service out there for parts I bought in 2007.

We can archive purchases back 6 years. ;)

brotherbenn83
09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't see the point of this thread, if you would have called there in the first place and they said no, then I might ask for help...but a simple phone call should have solved your problem. This is nearly as pointless as the "Is this _______ movie still playing in theaters?" thread.

Firefighter Z
09-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I did call the store that I bought them from and that they had to get confirmation from the district manager...
I called the district manager and could never get ahold of him, so I e-mailed.

I don't know why you replied? Your reply is just as pointless also.

This update was to let people who chimed in with advice that I had gotte this all taken care of.

Yoo or Andy you guys can delete this thread now cause it doesn't serve a purpose anymore!