PDA

View Full Version : 4 Stolen H/O

Burgandy85SS
08-11-2009, 12:45 AM
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/Four_classic_cars_stolen_from_hotel_20090808

97z2801ss
08-11-2009, 02:52 AM
when anything happens like that IDC what kinda car it is it makes me sick

michelle
08-11-2009, 06:27 AM
That's horrible. Reminds me of the time we were in Memphis for an SHO convention and a guy was caught trying to steal a friend's Gen II SHO in the middle of the day in the parking lot. Guy didn't get caught, but apparently ran away very quickly when he was spotted.

I hope they find all 4 cars, but I imagine they were stripped pretty quickly. ):

Karps TA
08-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Being the type of cars that they are, I bet they are already painted metallic lime green and rolling on 36" wheels with flip up doors.

Red97GTP
08-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Being the type of cars that they are, I bet they are already painted metallic lime green and rolling on 36" wheels with flip up doors.

That's horrible!!!:rolf

Seriously though, that sucks. I hope they get their cars back in the same condition. It's a long shot though. They've probably been stripped by now.

Rocket Power
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Word on the Olds boards is they got the 79, but the H/O stuff was gone

PB86MCSS
08-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Stripped and found in 2 weeks or VIN flipped with 24"s and candy paint and found in the Indy area or maybe a nearby larger city. The destiny for most stolen g-bodies.

It's sad but I wonder did any have any security devices? These cars are too easy to take without anything protecting them and too desirable by undesirable people.

I saw a member there offered a 10k reward for the return of all 4 cars...pretty nice of the guy, don't know the details. Also nice they managed to get a blurb on the local news down there which might help.

:(

BadAzzGTA89
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
That sucks as a fellow H/O owner:(

BadAzzGTA89
08-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Forwarding along a message from Judy Badgley that she is passing out concerning the stolen Hurst's, I have also posted the same on the H/OCA web site with the car's VIN's

Between 1AM and 4AM on Saturday, August 8, 2009, FOUR Hurst/Olds were stolen from 2 hotel parking lots adjacent to each other in Indianapolis, Indiana. There were over 125 H/O's in attendance for the Hurst/Olds Club of America 25th National Meet. This was a calculated "hit", not a random crime. The thieves knew we were going to be there, they knew which cars they wanted, they knew what they were doing and they got us!
It took them less than 1 minute to gain entry to a car, have it running and leaving the parking lot. They used a white crew cab pick up truck and drove into the lot and parked like they were a guest. One person exited the truck and hit the car, then both left. They went back and forth from one hotel to the other, not raising suspicion. This was evident from reviewing the hotels security tapes. Following is a list of the cars with unique features about each. All of the cars had a roof option.

1979 Hurst/Olds black and gold VIN# 3K47R9M541546
Rare factory moonroof
Rare black vinyl interior – drivers seat has a small hole from a broken spring
Chrome cover over the A/C pulley mounted with brass screws
Crack in the RH corner of the black dash pad
Switches mounted on the hood, trunk & doors from an old security system
Lock to actuate the old system is still located under the left parking light.
Also in this car that may be sold separately: 4) posters of Linda Vaughn and a 1983 copy of Hot Rod magazine with Warren Johnson on the cover w/autograph

1983 Hurst/Olds black VIN# 1G3AK4799DM411549
T-tops
All original 80K mile car
Complete numbers matching car
Maroon cloth interior
Small crack (¼") in the dash by the VIN
Eagle GT II tires with 500 miles
Black and white authentic 1979 Michigan plate with a 1983 sticker

1983 Hurst/Olds black VIN# 1G3AK4797EM446396
T-tops
Maroon cloth interior
Aftermarket stripes are more orange than the correct red
Jack storage decal in trunk has Doc Watson's signature
H/O emblem on the dash has Linda Vaughn's signature with hearts
Dash has minor crackling in the center area

1984 Hurst/Olds silver VIN# 1G3AK4797EM446396
Rare factory moonroof
Red light mounted in each wheel well for display purposes
Snaps around the underside of the hood used for attaching a cover.
Now it is time for us to find the thieves. Indianapolis News, channel 8 WISH TV did an interview with several H/OCA members including 1 of the victims. To view this clip go to WISHTV.com, click on "more stories" and then "four classic cars stolen". Anyone having information about any of these cars can contact Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS or Judy Badgley at 517-645-7438 or djbadgley@gmail.com
Please pass this along to ALL of your car friends no matter what make and model they collect. Let's make sure this doesn't happen to someone else. KEEP TRACK ON EBAY AND CRAIGS LIST FOR THESE UNUSUAL CARS AND/OR PARTS!

97z2801ss
08-12-2009, 12:48 AM
CL and Ebay im sure, keep us updated

GTSLOW
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM

:rolf I was thinking the same thing!