PDA

View Full Version : Place 2 install headers

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey guys

Need a good place to install headers once i get em for the Z.... longtubes..... I checked Kilpatrick racing they charge like 72$ an hr that would come out to alot sooo I dont kno... is there someware cheeper or is this what ill be payin? :3gears:

Prince Valiant
04-12-2004, 05:41 PM
at a garage...that's pretty much what you'll be paying. On the side guys would charge less.

JC70SS
04-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Tony I would ask some of the gurus here such as Chris(z28kid) or Dennis. I'm sure for the right price those guys could fit you in, plus kilpatrick is an old school place. If nothing else take it to speed inc.

-Joe

Crawlin
04-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Damn dude...

first thing to do, post up if a group of people would enjoy a modfest at your house(if you have all tools) and you'll pay for pizza and beer :)

if that doesn't work, ask if anyone wants to do it on the side for some dough...

if THAT doesn't work, then worry about a shop :)

What type of header(besides longtubes) Hooker, Jethot, FLP, etc...? How many miles on your car? Already have a catback on it? Off road y-pipe? o2 extensions bought? o2 simulators bought already?

Chris

PS- for your sig, it's "ExHaust" with an "h" hehehe :)

BAD LS1
04-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Yeah my garage... i only charge 25$ an hour :devil

JC70SS
04-12-2004, 06:43 PM
there you go, tony. Send her up Tom's and you know it will not be a hack job either.

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys! Yea Ill provide pizza and beer but i dont have all the tools ect. Yea

I think im gettin hooker long tubes...

What type of header(besides longtubes) Hooker, Jethot, FLP, etc...? How many miles on your car? Already have a catback on it? Off road y-pipe? o2 extensions bought? o2 simulators bought already?

My car has 69K on it right now.... Its got some exhaust the guy before put on im not sure what kind thoe? nope on the rest chris but ill be sure to oders a ORYpipe and o2 extensions and sims... were should i order these from?

Joe - Speed incs booked threw the end of may.. b

Tom - serious? Ill definitly pay that for sure. and when can i get in?

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 06:52 PM
PS - I was told i should have the Plugs and wires replaced when i do this too? if yes what should i go with? NGKs? orr?

Thanks again!

Tony

Crawlin
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
it would definitely be a good time to do this as well. i had MSD wires, but they are huge 8.5mm and didn't fit well in the stock looms on my '93Z. You can go with a variety of different companies, but i'm sure some of the others could give a better answer. I always use the NGK spark plugs.

Chris

PS- i think WE'LL have to buy the beer, you just reimburse us for it ;)

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Dont worrie i got it:)

What NGK plugs should i go with and then MSD wires how big then if they didnt go well in ure 93z?

Tony

Crawlin
04-12-2004, 09:02 PM
i bought the custom fit for an LT1 car MSD wires. you an get Taylor wires or even Accel or ??? Don't have to get MSD's. Taylor makes a custom fit LT1 package. check out www.ls1speed.com and input your car year and model there and you'll be able to find everything you want for it. that's the local speed inc. site and you can get the parts pretty much next day if you order early enough. otherwise could always try summit or jeg's too.

Chris

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks bro looks like i got a lil spendin to do!

SlowStee
04-13-2004, 11:38 PM
i bought custom fit taylor plug wires for my LT1 from thunderracing, ask yoosof how well they fit :D :D

Yooformula
04-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Yeah but dont get the bigass wires he got...they were a blistering pain in the arse to get in and would barely fit in the loom.

Chris remember that modfest on Brandon's Z for the headers/exhaust? Those were good times.:rockwoot:

Crawlin
04-14-2004, 12:16 AM
i think the '93-94 looms are different than the later models. like 7mm instead of 7.5mm

I remember the modfests. GOOD TIMES!! Remember when i first got the nitrous kit and the red Z and we were at my house and my dad first saw the nitrous kit....

"if you find anything that you don't think i need, PULL IT OUT"

hahahah

Yooformula
04-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by z28kid98
i think the '93-94 looms are different than the later models. like 7mm instead of 7.5mm

I remember the modfests. GOOD TIMES!! Remember when i first got the nitrous kit and the red Z and we were at my house and my dad first saw the nitrous kit....

"if you find anything that you don't think i need, PULL IT OUT"

hahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

jbiscuit
04-14-2004, 10:56 AM
I've been known to wrench a little bit on cars....post up the time and place of the modding and I am there with 2 40's of Colt 45, 6 Hot Pockets and a big bootied girl named Shawana.

No but really, if you need another garage monkey to stand there and point at stuff and say "what is that?" and "why is that leaking?" I'm your guy.

PB86MCSS
04-14-2004, 01:18 PM
to stand there and point at stuff and say "what is that?" and "why is that leaking?" I'm your guy.

:haveabeer

Best way to do the headers is with some pals if you can't do it yourself...start to get dirty and learn :D.

Hmmm, how many f-body guys does it take to change a set of headers? :goof ;) :flamet

BAD LS1
04-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Well we may be doing thos project up by my place it seems.

Your all welcome to come and spectate etc...