PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a POS

Larrygto
08-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I need to find a good first car for my Daughter. Just needs to run good and have anti-lock brakes not to concerned about the body.

RanJer
08-06-2009, 12:04 PM
What are you looking to spend?

Larrygto
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
2-3k 4 tops if it's really good.

Waver
08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
reply sent

Todd Z
08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
ask Obama, they have 600,000. Shop Craigslist.

Red97GTP
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM
PM 84hurst. He might have one that will work for you. And it's cheap!:thumbsup

1320PNY
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Just a suggestion, but look for a 1995 through 2001 Subaru Legacy Sedan. I have a 95 which my Wife was in two accidents in. Each time the other car (usually a Pontiac) was totalled and taken away on a flat bed. My car, once needed a bumper cover and the second time need some touch-up paint.

All wheel drive, 26 MPG average, four door (cheap insurance), flat four (easy to maintain if ever needed to be touched). The car also had some decent stuff like power everything and a moon roof. Stereos in these cars were decent too. Car is relatively small for parking and such, but can fit four adults for a trip if necessary.

I'm keeping mine for another 100K. Currently it has 170K and it cost me about $400 all year for normal wear items (brakes, tires, etc.) I bought the car with 60K for $7K.

Just a suggestion. You may be die-hard Ford, Dodge, GM, but this car is built in Indiana and has more U.S. supplied components than my Mustang.

84hurst
08-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Just a suggestion, but look for a 1995 through 2001 Subaru Legacy Sedan. I have a 95 which my Wife was in two accidents in. Each time the other car (usually a Pontiac) was totalled and taken away on a flat bed. My car, once needed a bumper cover and the second time need some touch-up paint.

All wheel drive, 26 MPG average, four door (cheap insurance), flat four (easy to maintain if ever needed to be touched). The car also had some decent stuff like power everything and a moon roof. Stereos in these cars were decent too. Car is relatively small for parking and such, but can fit four adults for a trip if necessary.

I'm keeping mine for another 100K. Currently it has 170K and it cost me about $400 all year for normal wear items (brakes, tires, etc.) I bought the car with 60K for $7K.

Just a suggestion. You may be die-hard Ford, Dodge, GM, but this car is built in Indiana and has more U.S. supplied components than my Mustang.

x2 for Subies! My mom had an 01 forester and was rearended in an eclipse. The eclipse was totaled but the forester only needed a bumper cover and an exhaust! But if you are interested, I have a 94 GMC Jimmy SLE for sale. 125k, 4 dr, 4x4, 4.3 Vortec. Leather interior is near mint, all power (drivers seat with lumbar, windows, locks) heat works great and newer brakes. Tires are about 50 percent on the factory alloys. Needs a catback (cracked in half behind the cat), and (I'm guessing) a gas tank, it leaks when its over 1/2 tank. Both are fairly cheap fixes though. Other than that, it runs and drives great, it has the usual rust (front fenders and front doors) and should be pretty reliable for a starter car. $1000. Last I checked it was worth about $1200-1300 on kbb. I'm only selling it because I'm laid off and would rather have the money in the bank just in case. My RST will have to do this winter. :(

madmike
08-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Got a 95 Civic Hatch, 130k miles, 1.5LTR AUTO trans,

Ice cold ac just serviced, new timing belt, new brakes, new head gasket with VALVE JOB, new belts, oil, filter, anti freeze, new NAPA CAT and full Exhaust, NAPA CV Axles both, Pioneer CD AM/FM, Dark blue, usual Honda rust behind wheels

$2,500

I am waiting for rebuilt speedometer to come in from IL, Honda problem after 100k Speed quits working, just installed new VSS, nope needs the speedo, it should be here monday or tuesday

Mike

Can add pic's if interested late tonight, gotta go work!