PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Longtubes subframe n more....

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Looking for Longtubes, and weld in subframes if anyone has either of these also interested in 3.73s. SS Ls1 Grille and a Lt1 style Billet grille.. Lemme kno what u got

Tony

ne help from the locals is much appreciated! :haveabeer

Yooformula
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Depending on how much you want to spend Ebay had some killer deals on long tubes over the winter and they were very cheap compared to new. You might be able to hit up LS1tech.com and LS1.com for used parts but be careful of the latter due to many scammers. MFBA might have some good used stuff coming up. I know Brandon got his LT1 billet gril VERY cheap off of ebay and it was new too:thumbsup

97z2801ss
04-12-2004, 05:23 PM
thank bro ill check out both places!

Crawlin
04-12-2004, 05:55 PM
you lookin for your car or pops car?

otherwise if it's for your LT1, camaroz28.com's message board is the best for LT1 stuff.

I had custom subframes made up. boxed tubing, and they are tucked up there QUITE nicely. Kinda on the expensive side, but to me well worth it because it isn't just tied in on the ends. He welded it in the middle and the bottom of the floorpan too.

Chris

PS- gears are something you want to buy NEW. i don't trust used cams nor gears :)

TK 14 SS
04-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Here's a set of SLP longtubes in the Chicago area.
SLP Longtubes $650 (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159467&highlight=slp+longtubes)
These are/were some of the best headers you can get for an LS1 (I just happen to have them, myself). Although I haven't checked recently what the going price is for them. When I got mine I paid a lot more (including y-pipe too) but then again there weren't near as many choices available.

Troy

95 TA - The Beast
04-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by z28kid98
PS- gears are something you want to buy NEW. i don't trust used cams nor gears :)

Used gears I will agree with, unless you know the persona nd how they were used, but roller cams are not an issue... I mean you can just look at a roller cam and tell if it has been abused or not...

Crawlin
04-12-2004, 09:09 PM
true on the roller cams, i've just been so used to pop's talking about it from when i was a little kid and working on the standard SBC and BBC :)

95 TA - The Beast
04-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by z28kid98
true on the roller cams, i've just been so used to pop's talking about it from when i was a little kid and working on the standard SBC and BBC :)
Oh yes, I would NEVER buy a flat-tappet cam used.. very bad mojo there... :goof

Prince Valiant
04-13-2004, 01:48 AM
meh...I've done it with other cars i've worked on.

As long as you trust that the lifters were accurately labeled to designate that it goes to the correct lobe (IE driverside, cylinder #2, Intake...or just D2) then there really isn't an issue...you just look for scouring/wipe lobe/bad cam journals as you would virtually any other cam.

I used a used cam on the "valcuda" w/ no issues...The lifters weren't labeled or stored as I've labeled/stored them in the past, it was still simple enough to figure out (the seller used an egg carton :rolleyes: ). But it was kind of nice not to have to go through the break-in procedure either.

Crawlin
04-13-2004, 05:59 PM
i just don't trust other people farther than i can throw 'em, and i'm a skinny guy so that's not very far :)