PDA

View Full Version : Boost on demand????

Flicktitty
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
http://boost-on-demand.com/

i know there are alot of people that have alot more knowledge with turbo's on here then me. So anyone care to explain to me how this could POSSIBLY work?

i don't see how you can make boost without being a load on the motor/turbo setup?

anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpvpXxdWQW4

TransAm12sec
08-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I kind of lost respect for it when this is the first thing I saw.
"You’ve heard the rumors on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter…and now, it’s here! BOOST-ON-DEMAND!"

SSLEVO
08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Lol, lots of marketing buzzwords and no proof to back anything up.

That video is worthless, the guy in the evo could have started late the first time or brake boosted the 2nd race. The website has no information, says you can make 20-30 psi standing still i think not. I think in my evo off the 2 step i was building 10-15 lbs of boost.

All in all it looks like its probably some form of 2 step marketed at ricers that don't know what they are buying. I'd stay away, far away.

lilws6
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
it kinda looked liek the evo brake boosted the second time cuz he jumped i say its fake and going to rip off a bunch of people

BOD IS REAL!!!
08-06-2009, 12:23 AM
There was no brake boost! The car can hold boost standing still or moving this is the real deal it has been a work in progress for over 3 years and finally its arrived!!! I have bod on my car and with a push of a button instant boost!!!!! No gimmic no lies no lag!!!

70 cutlass 442
08-06-2009, 12:29 AM
The lets hear the idea of how it works? im curious..... im sure if its that great you already have patents for it sooo might as well spill the beans.

xFullThrottlex
08-06-2009, 12:30 AM
^what kind of car do you have? do you have any vids?

Al
08-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I thought boost-on-demand was commonly known as the gas pedal.

That_Guy
08-06-2009, 06:56 AM
I thought boost-on-demand was commonly known as the gas pedal.

hahahaha... i believe that the new guy is a troll.

SSLEVO
08-06-2009, 07:47 AM
hahahaha... i believe that the new guy is a troll.

LOL, what tiped you off, was it his user name? haha. Group this thing with the electric supercharger :thumbsup

SSLEVO
08-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Instructions for use:

Downshift so you are turning 4-5k rpms

Hold brake and gas at the same time

Push BOD button and let off the brake

Wow look at all that boost, no lag, Fin sweet!

cyclone70
08-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Group this thing with the electric supercharger :thumbsup

I had an EVO with an electric supercharger come into our shop. Almost crapped my pants when I saw it I was laughing so hard. :rolf

Power at the push of a button ??? NOS baby :headbang

Dasred
08-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah, this stuff's a joke!

SSLEVO
08-06-2009, 08:41 AM
I had an EVO with an electric supercharger come into our shop. Almost crapped my pants when I saw it I was laughing so hard. :rolf

Power at the push of a button ??? NOS baby :headbang

How is that possible? Was it going into the inlet of the turbo? LOL

GTSLOW
08-06-2009, 08:44 AM
There was no brake boost! The car can hold boost standing still or moving this is the real deal it has been a work in progress for over 3 years and finally its arrived!!! I have bod on my car and with a push of a button instant boost!!!!! No gimmic no lies no lag!!!

After this post its 100% official that its a scam. If you ever go onto scam report websites and what not, there's always 1 post wonders that come on saying they've done this or used that and its real. When it's actually a douche that works for the company that just Googles their product name all day and spams forums and message boards.

Look at any scam report message board and you'll find these 1 post trolls.

animal
08-06-2009, 09:02 AM
After this post its 100% official that its a scam. If you ever go onto scam report websites and what not, there's always 1 post wonders that come on saying they've done this or used that and its real. When it's actually a douche that works for the company that just Googles their product name all day and spams forums and message boards.

Look at any scam report message board and you'll find these 1 post trolls.

Werd... a classic example of a company doing this is dymund necksus labs (<---- intentionally misspelled) out of franklin... peddling zirconia as being "flawless lab grown diamonds" and they have almost an entire internet campaign devoted to making post after post after post, testimonial after fake tesimonial all declaring how real their shit is. I saw it on a jeweler forum once, for every jeweler that declared them fake, they signed up 3-5 more users to come on and make posts about how real they are. Then a former employee came out and gave away the zirconia supplier they use :rolf

No doubt they'll find their way on here now.

Sorry that was off topic.

So Mr budweiser bod is real troll guy... what advantage does this have if we already have instantaneous boost? I'd love to hear more made up answers. :goof

PureSound15
08-06-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't think I want to close this -I'd rather we wait and see how Mr. BOD explains this.

WhatsADSM
08-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I am confused? If you can only build a few lbs of boost off a 2-step then you have it setup wrong.

I crack the wastegate (20psi+)on my AEM 2-step no problem. And that is with a 67mm on a 2.6L.

Retard timing first, then cut ignition 100rpm later, then cut fueling 100rpm after that.

SSLEVO
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I am confused? If you can only build a few lbs of boost off a 2-step then you have it setup wrong.

I crack the wastegate (20psi+)on my AEM 2-step no problem. And that is with a 67mm on a 2.6L.

Retard timing first, then cut ignition 100rpm later, then cut fueling 100rpm after that.

Yeah, you can build boost with a 2 step no problem. The web site is just packed full of sht. I was building 10-15 lbs in my evo with no fancy tunning or anything like that, off of the factory stationary rev limiter.

-stew-
08-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Boost on Demand at 1:20...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz9FrCQ3eO0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz9FrCQ3eO0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BAD LS1
08-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Im not sure how this would work w/o borrowing the same theory as a 2-step and combing a VNT type turbo and a good waste gate controller that will allow for that kinda gain w/o ever cracking the waste gate open. I call bullshit w/o some very good theory of operation explanation.

SSLEVO
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Im not sure how this would work w/o borrowing the same theory as a 2-step and combing a VNT type turbo and a good waste gate controller that will allow for that kinda gain w/o ever cracking the waste gate open. I call bullshit w/o some very good theory of operation explanation.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

GTSLOW
08-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Boost on Demand at 1:20...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz9FrCQ3eO0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz9FrCQ3eO0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I love Mad Max movies.

ND4SPD
08-06-2009, 05:48 PM
So how are those of us who know turbos even supposed to comment on if it works when they won't even tell you what the theory of operation is, how it works, what it does, etc?:lame:

Reeeeeeeealy!? OOOOOOOOH BOY! So I can build 1337 lbs of boost if I want? After all the website clearly states "Boost-on-Demand is designed to allow the user to build an infinite amount of boost."

Pardon me if I'm skeptical of any product where its theory and operation isn't clearly described. I also love the use of the "KKS ELECTRONICS" in the same font HKS uses. :chair: SCAM!

At best, this looks like a great way to melt a piston or otherwise blow something up. YES LETS lock the wastegate closed and floor it! Happened once on my VR-4 when I had my HKS EVCIV because I had the wastegate switch on the wrong setting. Fortunately at 18 psi one of the vacuum filters exploded and the boost got dumped.

Al
08-06-2009, 11:08 PM
I wonder if the guages uses are designed to indicate 0 psi boost when the car is drawing vacume so it looks like it is boosting when the intake goes to ambient pressure.

SSLEVO
08-07-2009, 07:44 AM
I wonder if the guages uses are designed to indicate 0 psi boost when the car is drawing vacume so it looks like it is boosting when the intake goes to ambient pressure.

I don't know about that. We have no idea what car or what conditions the gauge was shown at. Hell it could have been a car with a trans brake loading the turbo up for all we know, lol.

srt4eh
08-11-2009, 10:38 PM
a guy down here in TN says he's actually helping develop it....supposedly it's a bunch of wiring...the srt4 version will be ready soon with the evo one right after. We'll see....

SSLEVO
08-12-2009, 07:34 AM
a guy down here in TN says he's actually helping develop it....supposedly it's a bunch of wiring...the srt4 version will be ready soon with the evo one right after. We'll see....

Ask him how it works. You are not going to sell it to anyone in the know by the marketing they have now. We don't exactly buy the boost from a box, lol.

BAD LS1
08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Fuck all this noise lol, if this were possible, it would have been created a LONG time ago. I got $20 that says the excuse of "proprietary" operation or something will come out and you just have to trust that it works... bahahahahahah

GRNDNL
08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
How does a box with a bunch of wires make boost?......

Silly me, I always thought exhaust flow is what made boost........