PDA

View Full Version : Anyone friends with nitrorocket?

SBC-Fox
08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Well i bought a trans off craigslist ,the guy told me it came out of a ls1 twin turbo white chevelle ? I think it may have been nitrorockets because i remember his was white. Well anyway if anyone is friends with him and he has a minute have him pm me i have some question about the trans . Thanks:thumbsup I would have just pm'ed him but he hasnt been active in awhile.

y2kws6
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I bought that trans years ago from him personally. He said it was good and I saw the great car. I am not blaming him or me, since I may have screwed up the install with the exeptionally deep trans pan, but the car didn't even make it home before blowing the 3-4 packs. All I say before installing it is to check it over or at least check the color of oil. Mine was pretty dark in color.

Like I stated above, He may have had a great trans that he sold me and I screwed it up on the way home by not having enough fluid in it (12+ quarts I think and I did see it on the stick, but when I got home there was nothing on the stick anymore).

Dan

SBC-Fox
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Do you remeber who you sold it to cause it worked fine in my car but just wanted to know some of the details of the trans and the guy i bought it from knew nothing about it didnt even sond like he knew what the manual valve body was. Like I said I dont even have a clue if it was nitro rockets other than i was told it was out of twin turbo chevelle.

Crawlin
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Is this an overdrive tranny?

Or was it the TH400? I saw that one on craigslist and was gonna buy it but just didn't make it in time.

SBC-Fox
08-05-2009, 11:50 AM
th-400

y2kws6
08-05-2009, 11:59 AM
What I bought was his 4L60e and I still have it for sale.

Dan