PDA

View Full Version : coil to close to battery cable?

-stew-
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
I had a miss in my mustang. I readjusted the valves. They were fine, but it was my first time setting up stud mount roller rockers. And corrected the timing (I used the wrong mark.) Properly setting the timing smoothed the idol out and no more popping the revved up with no load. I put it under a light load in the garage and it felt better. I didn't have enough time to road test it.

Now to What I'm wondering about: I have a battery cable and a 200A circuit breaker zip tied to my coil bracket. This is the charge wire from my alternator to my battery. can/could/would this cause interference with my ignition system? The car had a slight miss under light load, and every now and again it feels like the ignition cuts out for half a second.

As I said, I haven't drove the car since adjusting the timing. Just wondering if having the battery cable next to the coil could be an issue.

Thanks,
Stew

CATNHAT
08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Move the cable and see what happens. That will be your "control". Definitley sounds like a fuel delivery or spark issue.