PDA

View Full Version : Hankook Tire hook-up?

CATNHAT
08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Anyone know where I can have the local Firestone dealer buy me a new Hankook Ventus SportK104 245/40ZR20 95Y? Got a nail in front left, took it in for a patch and they somehow destroyed the tire and gouged the wheel??? :fire Now they say the tire has been discontinued and will order a different style tire. I say no go--3 of 1 type tire and a different tire??

WTF?

Thanks

Car Guy
08-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I hope they are replacing the wheel also......

CATNHAT
08-03-2009, 09:13 PM
the wheel already had a little road rash and I was planning on fixing in the near future. I will be sure to remind them of the "extra" road rash. I actually PM'd another BCM'r this morning about wheel repairs, prior to the firestone debacle.

Car Guy
08-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Search for one via Google and you should be able to find one......

CATNHAT
08-03-2009, 09:52 PM
I found a few, just not going to pay them. I wanted a local connection so I can get back in the saddle quicker.

stealthy1ss
08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Turtle can get you Hankooks.

CATNHAT
08-04-2009, 11:27 AM
after searching on the interweb for 3 hours, I finally found the last one in the country! tiresavings.com. The firestone dealer said he would pay for it too.

Thanks turtle and John at Bigbear tire for your help!

SLOWC5
08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
nevermind I'll PM you my price, Supposed I should just read the whole thread before responding:goof

-stew-
08-04-2009, 12:25 PM
the wheel already had a little road rash and I was planning on fixing in the near future. I will be sure to remind them of the "extra" road rash. I actually PM'd another BCM'r this morning about wheel repairs, prior to the firestone debacle.

Personal bullshit between you and I aside, if your wheel is curb rashed, you have a real hard argument bitching about them scratching the rim.

CATNHAT
08-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Personal bullshit between you and I aside, if your wheel is curb rashed, you have a real hard argument bitching about them scratching the rim.

I realize that and I mentioned it to the sales guy right away. There was existing damage, but that does not excuse extra damage. I will not hold him responsible for the extra damage. He has acted in professional manner so far and has gained respect for doing so. He also knows I will be buying new tires for the Denali and the wifes minivan in the near future.

The whole thing is a minor inconvenience. Things could be worse.

Your still a dick though.:rolf