PDA

View Full Version : Kegerator

michelle
08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
We're looking to rent a kegerator for our wedding in September. Does anyone own one that we could rent or do you know of a business that rents them for parties? We're not having a bartender, obviously.

Something that looks like this:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/images/sanyo2.jpg

Thanks!

(I'm having no luck google searching or finding typical rental companies that have these.)

lilws6
08-03-2009, 01:03 PM
make one then you can keep it lol

Josepy
08-03-2009, 01:08 PM
We're looking to rent a kegerator for our wedding in September. Does anyone own one that we could rent or do you know of a business that rents them for parties? We're not having a bartender, obviously.

Something that looks like this:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/images/sanyo2.jpg

Thanks!

Depending on How many people you are having that will not keep up and you will be switching barrels constantly.

BoosTT
08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
If you never set one up before, I would suggest not renting one.

Theres a lot involved with it. You have to get the air pressure correct, clean the lines. Make sure the barrel is seattled before you tap. Theres a good chance all you'll get is foam out of it. Its not like you can get get a keg and toss it in.

If you just get an tap with an ice bucket, you can just tap and go. Pretty much no way to ruin a keg with one of those.

animal
08-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Werd, big ice barrels ftw.

Josepy
08-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Theres a lot involved with it. You have to get the air pressure correct, clean the lines. Make sure the barrel is seattled before you tap. Theres a good chance all you'll get is foam out of it. Its not like you can get get a keg and toss it in.

If you just get an tap with an ice bucket, you can just tap and go. Pretty much no way to ruin a keg with one of those.

x2 ^

lilws6
08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm guessing theres alot of kegsperts on BCM

michelle
08-03-2009, 01:15 PM

Really? I had no idea. We'll just go with the ice bucket route if that's the case. Since it's an earlier ceremony/reception and at a park, I rather not have issues with something as important as the beer dispenser. :durr

Where do I find a big enough ice bucket for a 1/4 (or 1/2) barrel? Well I would need 2 ice buckets I guess.

Josepy
08-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Really? I had no idea. We'll just go with the ice bucket route if that's the case. Since it's an earlier ceremony/reception and at a park, I rather not have issues with something as important as the beer dispenser. :durr

Where do I find a big enough ice bucket for a 1/4 (or 1/2) barrel? Well I would need 2 ice buckets I guess.

Rubber garbage cans work. Also the hard plastic barrels.

Karps TA
08-03-2009, 01:22 PM
When you get the keg, just ask for a tap and tub. All you do is pay a deposit on that, which is like $15 usually, and you get it back when you return. A Couple 20 lbs bags of ice and some water and if sunny, some kind of cover and they'll be good all day.

jbiscuit
08-03-2009, 01:26 PM
cover charge at a wedding :rolf

BoosTT
08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
You can rent the ice bucket along with the tap. I think the ice bucket rental is $3 and tap rental is $5. Kegs need to be kept cold at all times. Keg beer is not patsurized (sp?) and spoils like milk.

I've had the best luck at discount liquor in waukesha. They always have the kegs I want in stock and fresh. I got two bad/old/flat kegs from consumer beverage on hwy 100. I was f'ing pissed.

Theres 7 cases of beer in one 1/2 barrel. Figure 1 case of foam per 1/2 barrel.

animal
08-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Or you can get the big rope handled buckets, I always refer to them as horse buckets but they're the big plastic tubs at farm and fleet in the "horsey" section. Usually they're a perfect size for a keg if you get the big ones. Measure first tho, or rent a bucket.

Note, check beer can prices too though. Alot of times you can get better deals on cans than you can for barrels and you don't have to deal with deposits/returning. I was always told 1/2 bbl = 7.75 cases (or 186 cans). Looking up on the web is approximated at 7ish. Maybe as boost said you get .75-1 case of foam too :goof. If you can get cans at the same price, it's just easier, and no waste that you're trying to "drink up" the next day :alcoholic

Karps TA
08-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Keystone Light $49.95 a half barrel. :D

DirtyMax
08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
The big Rubbermaid Brute garbage cans work well for the reserve barrels too because it allows you to pack the sh!t out of it with ice and fully encompass the barrel. Keeps them cold all day.

Plus they come in handy around the house/garage too after the fact to they'll definitely be put to good use.

I have a kegerator just like the one you posted above but they're finicky bastards and need alot of "settle" time, moreso than the old bucket of ice and hand tapper route.

animal
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Keystone Light $49.95 a half barrel. :D

A wedding with keystone (and light at that) is no wedding I want to be at :durr

jbiscuit
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Note, check beer can prices too though. Alot of times you can get better deals on cans than you can for barrels and you don't have to deal with deposits/returning.

+1. We usually found that cans can be done just as cheaply as a barrel and easier to handle etc. Though the bride might be wanting to do a kegstand at her reception or something to justify the barrel :rolf

animal
08-03-2009, 02:14 PM
+1. We usually found that cans can be done just as cheaply as a barrel and easier to handle etc. Though the bride might be wanting to do a kegstand at her reception or something to justify the barrel :rolf

Picnic table + oversize beer bong = ghetto kegstand.

michelle
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
A wedding with keystone (and light at that) is no wedding I want to be at :durr

Haha! I stopped at my mom and dad's house today and I opened the fridge to see Keystone Light. My dad's apparently on this kick to try other beers since his beloved Old Style changed recently.

Karps TA
08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
KL is okay, just doesn't taste like anything. We use it for beer pong.

Next morning is hell though.