PDA

View Full Version : Nice places to eat

flyin_blue_egg
08-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Well Sunday Aug. 9th is my one year wedding aniversery and I wanted to take my wife someplace nice, but don't want to spend a ton of $$. Anybody know of any places around the area that fit that bill. I'm looking for something thats under say $15-$20 a plate. Thanks

SSDude
08-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Which area, Delavan our Milwaukee?

flyin_blue_egg
08-03-2009, 07:36 AM
either is fine....but im pretty sure no one on here is going to know of anyplaces around d-town that i haven't already eatten at, and Im trying to find something new.

Exitspeed
08-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Cheescake Factory is really good for something in that price range. I've never been disappointed with anything I've had there.

xFullThrottlex
08-03-2009, 10:04 AM
If your not worried about atmosphere, i'd take her to Capri in West Allis. Hands down best lasanga, but if your eating in it's a bit of a dive. Might be fun to orer out and go out for drinks after?

PureSound15
08-03-2009, 10:05 AM
If your not worried about atmosphere, i'd take her to Capri in West Allis. Hands down best lasanga, but if your eating in it's a bit of a dive. Might be fun to orer out and go out for drinks after?

HELL YES! Capri is my top spot to hit while I'm in the area.

70 somthing and Beloit. Dumpy place but amazing lasagna.

xFullThrottlex
08-03-2009, 10:07 AM
HELL YES! Capri is my top spot to hit while I'm in the area.

70 somthing and Beloit. Dumpy place but amazing lasagna.

This guy knows what's up:thumbsup:headbang

SLOWC5
08-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Capital Grill, 4th and Wisconsin St. My buddies the bartender, If you go there let me know Awesome food!

-stew-
08-03-2009, 11:16 AM

FUCK YEAH!! You just picked my lunch! I haven't eaten there in a long ass time! Used to eat there all the time when I worked at trak auto.

EDIT: FML! they don't open till four! Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until Saturday. I'm gonna be thinking about this alllllll week.

Doc Brown
08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
You could try Carrabba's Italian Grill on Bluemound Road in Brookfield or on south 76th street near Southridge Mall. Yes, it's a chain, but I've never been disappointed there.

You could also try Thunderbay just off of I-94 and Hwy F(formerly Hwy J). It's like one big comfy northwoods lodge :)

xFullThrottlex
08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
FUCK YEAH!! You just picked my lunch! I haven't eaten there in a long ass time! Used to eat there all the time when I worked at trak auto.

EDIT: FML! they don't open till four! Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until Saturday. I'm gonna be thinking about this alllllll week.

haha, glad to help!

If one more person chimes in, a BCM cruise may be in order?:banana

Prince Valiant
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Another is Ann's Italian in [edit-Hales Corner's--don't know the dirty souf side], next to[edit-Holtz's Chevrolet--don't know dealers that sell crummy cars :goof]. Quaint, cozy, quiet...and pretty decent food for a good price.

Goat Roper
08-03-2009, 12:56 PM
El Fuego, http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=OpM&safe=images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=el+fuego+milwaukee&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=12895865887906968233

Great atmosphere, outside seating, just an all-around good place.

lordairgtar
08-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Another is Ann's Italian in West Allis, next to Holtz Chevrolet. Quaint, cozy, quiet...and pretty decent food for a good price.
Fixed it:thumbsup

-stew-
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
El Fuego, http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=OpM&safe=images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=el+fuego+milwaukee&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&latlng=12895865887906968233

Great atmosphere, outside seating, just an all-around good place.

Makes you wanna hold your hat.

JC70SS
08-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Either That's Amore on HWY 100 in Hales Corners or Napoli in Burlington.

SSDude
08-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Another is Ann's Italian in Hales Corners, next to Holz Chevrolet. Quaint, cozy, quiet...and pretty decent food for a good price.
Fixed X2

Chances in Waterford had some great ribs last time I was there. Stone building, used to be a stage coach house.

DeCarlo's in Oak Creek, Great selection of Italian dishes, nice atmosphere.

Antigua Mexican and Latin Restaurant (http://antiguamilwaukee.com/default.aspx) This is much better than you typical chips and salsa mexican joint. You'll usually get a complimentary appetizer and a flavored shot after your dinner. Check out the menu.

Prince Valiant
08-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Another is Ann's Italian in [edit-Hales Corner's--don't know the dirty souf side], next to[edit-Holtz's Chevrolet--don't know dealers that sell crummy cars :goof ]. Quaint, cozy, quiet...and pretty decent food for a good price.
I fixed both :goof

TheRX7Project
08-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Ugh you guys are smokin crack with Capri. I ate there ONCE and will not be back. Granted, I didn't have the lasagna, but their sauce was inedible. Neither my girlfriend nor I liked it. Their garlic bread is off the chain though!

Of course Doc Brown reccomends Carrabas... I've eaten there a few times with him and his wife, and it is quite good. If it wasn't for the neon sign out front, you'd never know it was a chain.

As for myself, I still prefer the original Saraphinos on Whitnall + Layton. It's a little cheaper than you were looking for, but it's quite a nice atmosphere, and thier food is top-notch.

Or you could try Crawdaddy's on 64th(ish) and Greenfield. Excellent atmosphere, excellent food. My dad's favorite restaurant of all time.

xFullThrottlex
08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
^dude you gotta get the lasanga family dinner at Capri, hell, until you said something right there I didn't know they had anything else on the menu!

1320PNY
08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Well Sunday Aug. 9th is my one year wedding aniversery and I wanted to take my wife someplace nice, but don't want to spend a ton of $$. Anybody know of any places around the area that fit that bill. I'm looking for something thats under say $15-$20 a plate. Thanks

I have a Bartolata Restaurant $50 gift certificate. You can have it since you're in a pinch for cash and it is your anniversary. The wife and I have been married for six happy years and we discussed it and you two should enjoy one night out after the first year.

http://www.bartolottas.com/

If you use the certificate you should be good to stay under $90, which will meet your requirements and give you a very nice night out.

LIZMO
08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
did she like okland when we went? take her there again!

Flicktitty
08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Travis, wear that man thong she got ya and serve it on a plate and tell her that's what's for dinner.

flyin_blue_egg
08-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I have a Bartolata Restaurant $50 gift certificate. You can have it since you're in a pinch for cash and it is your anniversary. The wife and I have been married for six happy years and we discussed it and you two should enjoy one night out after the first year.

http://www.bartolottas.com/

If you use the certificate you should be good to stay under $90, which will meet your requirements and give you a very nice night out.

thanks for the offer, but I couldn't take something that was given to you as a gift. esp. to a place that nice. Maybe we will try the place out anyways. And it's not that we're in a pinch for $$, just thatsthe type of place i wanted to go to.

CATNHAT
08-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Louisses Trattatoria in Brookfiled by Chuckee Cheese or downtown off of Cathedral square. The chicken Fettucinee with sun dried tomatoes is amazing and so is the bread.

Or Fishbones on Nagawaukee, I believe it is on Main street? Rajun Cajun is the best pasta dish in town!

BoosTT
08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Don't forget about all the nice places in Delafield. Kerts steak house, Zin, Andersons pub, The mexican place (forgot the name), Fishbones, and Regress wells street tavern.

I've never been let down by any of them.