PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast TV deal soon?

T-Bag
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
After the press conference yesterday Dana said a huge deal was in the works....and based off a ton of rumours it looks like we're going to be seeing UFC on national TV very soon!

This will be awesome

Car Guy
08-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Well that's a welcome surprise seeing is how all I have is a big 'ol antenna on the roof. Is there any talk about what will be broadcasted...???

That_Guy
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Well that's a welcome surprise seeing is how all I have is a big 'ol antenna on the roof. Is there any talk about what will be broadcasted...???

digital antenna ftw!!! we get 52 channels with ours.. and if there is anything that i missed that we did have with cable i just watch it on the internet . i can justify not having cable but i need the high speed internet

Car Guy
08-01-2009, 12:46 PM
digital antenna ftw!!!

That would be an analog antenna I was referring to......;)

T-Bag
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM

Not sure exactly what they are planning, just speculation. Personally I think a bi-weekly show + bi monthly ppvs would be awesome as to not water it down too much. Through advertising dollars they probably would come out ahead money wise on broadcast tv over a lot of ppv's, if the ratings were there.

Lash
08-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I can see it now. Fights stopped even earlier than they should to stop any unnecessary "violence" attention MMA might receive. This can be a good thing.....but it could also turn bad.

tommyt5078
08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Um it's already on Spike? Spike is national, isn't it?

A couple weeks maybe a month ago I watched Guida/Sanchez LIVE for FREE :wooo

Um either way the more that can watch it for free the better!!!!!

Karps TA
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I think it's a terrible move by UFC if that's the case. All it will do is cause more uproar and negative attention to the sport. They talk about how they don't want to be the WWE, but in order to get ratings they'll have no choice.

T-Bag
08-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Um it's already on Spike? Spike is national, isn't it?

A couple weeks maybe a month ago I watched Guida/Sanchez LIVE for FREE :wooo

Um either way the more that can watch it for free the better!!!!!

Spike is not broadcast TV, its cable only.