PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Rotino for Claudio Vargas?

JC70SS
07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Not sure here, but I thought Rotino was a very good catching prospect that we had? WTF are they thinking the brewers are done this year and I think Vargas is a has been?

theavenger333
07-31-2009, 02:28 PM
vinny has struggled. he was a utilityman, they moved him to catcher so he could focus on something. his hitting has come down, probably due to the catching strain. i think he got moved to AA not even AAA this year, but i dunno. as for vargas, god who knows.

Karps TA
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Vargas is better option then putting Mike Burns back in the rotation I think. They just need an arm right now.

Beagle
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Vargas is better option then putting Mike Burns back in the rotation I think. They just need an arm right now.

I agree. They needed and arm in there. I think they should have went after Pedro Martinez but they missed out on that. This season is over.

PB86MCSS
07-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Just another arm, hopefully kind of fresh....Rottino isn't looked at as anything more than a backup type player so no loss, it was cool since he is a local guy but the Brewers need someone to throw but their own system is painfully thin, obviously. Dissapointing but unless they deal Gamel/Escobar they won't get an impact pitcher. To be honest looking at the Cards/Cubs the Brewers would need 2-3 more pitchers to be as good or better than them, IMO. Never know what can happen but to be realistic the Playoffs chances are slim. :(