PDA

View Full Version : Muskie fishing

Silver03SRT
07-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Pewaukee lake is hot. I was out twice this week and the first time I lost a mid 40's fish and the second time I got a 38 and had two others up to the boat. Not a bad week so far. Tomorrow I am hoping to get out there. Anyone on here ever want to go during the week let me know. I usually fish from 5pm until 9ish.

brewcity_mach1
08-05-2009, 03:25 AM
a guy at my work was telling me a few weeks back there were three 50+ inch muskies caught and released there

DirtyMax
08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
What are you using if you dont mind me asking...?

Silver03SRT
08-10-2009, 08:31 AM
There was a few 50+ inch fish caught this year. I know there are some big ones in there, but okauchee and oconomowac are where the giants are. I know for a fact there are 55+ inch fish in those lakes.

Pewaukee I normally use smaller baits. But I have been seeing a lot of fish on cowgirls. Colors out there are orange and firetiger. Try throwing bucktails and suicks. If you dont like casting troll 20' of water using bagleys db04's

Russ Jerome
08-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I had a short strike in Pewaukee with the wife and four kids on board, my wife saw the 50 plus inch class fish flare its 5 gallon bucket size mouth under the boat........her imediate shout sounded like something out of the movie Jaws "You kids keep your hands out of the water!".

This was years ago but it wasnt the first monster I saw on Pewaukee since then.

Silver03SRT
08-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I just got back from fishing a tournament in Park Falls and missed two because of short strikes. One fish was mid 40's and the other upper 30's it was a good time though. Had a few other follows too.

Silver03SRT
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Well Im looking to go fishing this weekend if anyone wants to tag along. Probably go to pewaukee

MurphysLaw88GT
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I hit a muskie on a jet ski a few years ago on Pewaukee. I was trying to top the thing out, and this huge ass fish just happened to be exploding out of the surface (at some top-water food?) and I barely realized what was happening when a big BAM! happened and thought "yep, I just hit a musky...great"