PDA

View Full Version : Newest cruise night destination

u_say_go
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
The gang from Wednesday Night Classics has moved their weekly gathering from Pistol Pete's to Saloon on Calhoun. As some of you are aware, the show at Pistol Pete's excluded late model cars from parking with the other cruisers, but the new venue has ample parking so LATE MODELS WILL BE WELCOMED!
First cruise night will be Wednesday August 12th. Saloon on Calhoun is a sports bar so it has a full pub style menu of burgers, chicken, pizza etc.

Attendees will have the option to dine inside or, For WNC, the owner is gonna set up an outdoor grill to serve $1 burgers and $2 Italians & brats.
Likewise, there is full bar service inside and for your convenience, he will offer $2 can beer on ice outside.

Hope to see you all there

Saloon on Calhoun
17000 W. Capitol Dr.
Brookfield, WI

CPonyGo
07-31-2009, 09:42 PM
sounds good..will check it out thanks

LIZMO
08-01-2009, 12:22 PM
ill be there most likely. ive been there a few times at night.its a nice place

JC70SS
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
anyone up for a meeting there this Wed?

buttersgt350
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
i thought it was still in sussex at sussex place.

lordairgtar
08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
anyone up for a meeting there this Wed?
Not at Calhoun Saloon anymore. the Brookfield Overlords put a stop to that one. I guess ole pistol pete hisself made complaints to the city and the Police showed up on the first and last night. However, the service and food and cleanliness of the venue was subpar. Not recommended. Sussex was never an official WNC meet up. It was an alternative for the newer car guys.

JC70SS
08-24-2009, 07:15 PM
just sucks! Too bad we didn't have the old BK in Muskego!

LIZMO
08-24-2009, 07:23 PM
i wont be there...

CPonyGo
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM

fo sho......that place was fun....

if its nice out I will spin up to Sussex this week

nismodave
08-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Not at Calhoun Saloon anymore. the Brookfield Overlords put a stop to that one. I guess ole pistol pete hisself made complaints to the city and the Police showed up on the first and last night. However, the service and food and cleanliness of the venue was subpar. Not recommended. Sussex was never an official WNC meet up. It was an alternative for the newer car guys.

If Pete did that, that is f'n shitty.:punch:

GRAMPS SS
08-24-2009, 11:54 PM
If Pete did that, that is f'n shitty.:punch:

x2...what proof is there that he pulled this stunt.....if he did...that would mean the man is a little jealous that the group has moved on to finding another place to hang out.....but we need proof greg......

Car Guy
08-25-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm confused, where is this show gathering now...???

lordairgtar
08-25-2009, 12:15 AM
...and what's wrong with Jetz in Muskego? Oh, I forgot, they had the short lived burn out pit. Sorry about that, but I can't get that to happen. Muskego PD would shut me down so fast, it would make yer head spin.

x2...what proof is there that he pulled this stunt.....if he did...that would mean the man is a little jealous that the group has moved on to finding another place to hang out.....but we need proof greg......
That was something that was said at the event...I can't account for the veracity of that statement. But it does seem kinda fishy that the cops were notified at an event where no one burned rubber or acted like a hoon. Who else would know about "parade permits" for an event like that except someone who had to get one. That's why all the hoods were closed, an open hood would denote a "car show". That's what the PD told us.

97z2801ss
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM

I miss that place

Josepy
08-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I might head to Sussex Place on Wednesday.

JC70SS
08-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Joe let me know. Maybe I will come.

u_say_go
08-25-2009, 09:04 AM
nobody knows for sure, but it SEEMS likely that Pete pulled some shit and had the cops pay Calhoun a visit. The Wednesday Night Classics cruise night is taking the rest of the year off, possibly exploring alternative options for 2010.

My dad, daughter and I will be at Sussex Place this week with the Deuce and the Bucket. We plan on getting there around 4:30 or 5:00. If you guys go, make sure you introduce yourselves. :thumbsup

Josepy
08-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Joe let me know. Maybe I will come.

roger that

LIZMO
08-25-2009, 11:39 AM

capital and calhoun in brookfield, @ saloon on calhoun right next to the bank (kitty corner from pick n save)
or maybe everyones going to sussex instead idk lol.

Schinner
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I talked to a bar tender from saloon on calhoun and she said they didnt get a permit this year so there hoping by Spring of 2010 they will have one...just an fyi

lordairgtar
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Actually, they probably are going to Sussex. It's not the official WNC hang out, but it will work for them till they get a venue.

capital and calhoun in brookfield, @ saloon on calhoun right next to the bank (kitty corner from pick n save)
or maybe everyones going to sussex instead idk lol.

Pay attention, Liz. No Calhoun Saloon.:devil

JC70SS
08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
WNC should judt go back to Pete's. Nothing wrong with it:rolleyes:

GRAMPS SS
08-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I talked to a bar tender from saloon on calhoun and she said they didnt get a permit this year so there hoping by Spring of 2010 they will have one...just an fyi

well from what i have read on another site...they better get better food or someone that knows how to cook it and keep the prices as they said they were going to be that night...

and i vote greg to be the DJ...he said he will play for food...:thumbsup

well at least we don't haver to put up with the crap at Pistol Petes anymore..there were numerous reasons that everyone left....
but then again..i'm old and will prob be corrected on that statement...even though i was there when certain things DID happen...

GRAMPS SS
08-25-2009, 05:45 PM
AND WHY WOULDNT THEY GET A PERMIT...they knew the group was going to be attening there place to hang out...never know...maybe they will find another place to hang out...

lordairgtar
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
and i vote greg to be the DJ...he said he will play for food...:thumbsup
And what?! You want me to gain back that 76 pounds I lost. I want money. I have a lot of hobby stuff to buy and more DJ equipment.:headbang

GRAMPS SS
08-25-2009, 11:44 PM
you know you want to do it...so pony up and say YES....................

Schinner
08-26-2009, 09:07 AM
AND WHY WOULDNT THEY GET A PERMIT...they knew the group was going to be attening there place to hang out...never know...maybe they will find another place to hang out...

Not too sure, didn't ask her.

u_say_go
08-26-2009, 02:27 PM
heading out shortly. get there early if you want a parking spot, it fills up quick

Josepy
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
I will be there.

CPonyGo
08-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I will drive up

Schinner
08-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Are you guys goin to Sussex? I'll most likly stop by havn't been there on a wednesday at all.

michelle
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you guys goin to Sussex? I'll most likly stop by havn't been there on a wednesday at all.

You should stop by Adam and I tonight. We're just north of Sussex in Hubertus.

Schinner
08-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I thought you guys lived kinda by RJ Schinner? guess not

michelle
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
We moved into a house in April. Adam didn't like apartment living and we needed more driveway and garage space. (:

u_say_go
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I will be there.

why didn't you stop over and say hi?! I didn't know you were there until you left. :wooo car sounded DOPE when you took off

Josepy
08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
why didn't you stop over and say hi?! I didn't know you were there until you left. :wooo car sounded DOPE when you took off

yeah i know i suck. Ill catch ya next Wednesday if your there again.