PDA

View Full Version : Golds gym

lilws6
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Well finally me and a few coworkers decided we needed to get in shape. We joined Golds gym in waukesha. Its not finished but the finished product looks looks cool on paper. Anyone else ever been to anouther golds gym i hear there are quite a few. the floor lay out looks really big and spacious.

Cleveland Dave
07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
the one in madison just finished up a couple of weeks ago. i have a membership there and like the place a lot.

Karps TA
07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
All places start off cool, but then they never limit the amount of members. I used to belong to Motion/Princeton club in New Berlin when it opened. It was awesome, best gym I'd ever been too and well worth the price to me since I could use any equipment I ever wanted to when I wanted to. Wasn't like Bally's and other places where you had to sign up to get on cardio equipment. But they never stopped signing up people and it got crazy. Soon I was paying a shitload, and getting annoyed by too many people - especially the New Years resolution people who don't have a clue on what they are doing, but show up for the first 4 weeks of the year.

Anyways that's my rant. I'm happy to be of no help. lol

lilws6
07-28-2009, 01:29 PM
i was thinking of running out to the madison one and seeing what its like but so far as small as this one is right now not finished its not bad i've got a 2 yr contract so we'll see

PureSound15
07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Meh - I liked Golds but it attracts a lot of the douche meatheads (any guys that lift know who I'm talking about).

SSLEVO
07-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Idk if i would sign up without ever seeing the place, i go to sneakers up here in Germantown. I think thats their only location though, not a bad place.

SSLEVO
07-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Meh - I liked Golds but it attracts a lot of the douche meatheads (any guys that lift know who I'm talking about).

Come on, come oh, ohhhh yeah you got it, slams the bar back on the bench, F yeah nice set, as they grunt as loud as they can, LOL

I'm game for lifting some heavy sets but you don't need to advertise to the entire place while doing it.

BadAzzGTA89
07-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Come on, come oh, ohhhh yeah you got it, slams the bar back on the bench, F yeah nice set, as they grunt as loud as they can, LOL

I'm game for lifting some heavy sets but you don't need to advertise to the entire place while doing it.
LMAO so true!!

Karps TA
07-28-2009, 02:35 PM
I hate those guys as well. Funny is talking to girls at the gym they think those guys are meatheads too.

Although I'll take them over the walking around in the locker room having conversations with my junk out guys. I'd ban any fucker who walks around without a towel on.

PureSound15
07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
I've lifted for a long time. I'm all about psyching someone up for a 400 lb bench, or cursing anything that moves to get a 400 lb deadlift set. Lifting heavy is a chore, hard work and definitely mental.

BUT...

WTF do people flex for in the gym? Really? I lift for me. Not you, not a chick.. nothing. The douche bag walking around with his ipod blasting lil wayne while wearing a wife beater and a bandana - get a life. The best guys to talk to, help, spot, get a spot from and work in with are the guys who don't give a shit about anyone else in the gym.

I just happened to see more of the douche bag type at Golds. Every gym is different and the most important thing is that you and your buddies give eachother enough shit to actually get in there every day.

Deggy
07-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I've lifted for a long time. I'm all about psyching someone up for a 400 lb bench, or cursing anything that moves to get a 400 lb deadlift set. Lifting heavy is a chore, hard work and definitely mental.

BUT...

WTF do people flex for in the gym? Really? I lift for me. Not you, not a chick.. nothing. The douche bag walking around with his ipod blasting lil wayne while wearing a wife beater and a bandana - get a life. The best guys to talk to, help, spot, get a spot from and work in with are the guys who don't give a shit about anyone else in the gym.

I just happened to see more of the douche bag type at Golds. Every gym is different and the most important thing is that you and your buddies give eachother enough shit to actually get in there every day.

What's wrong with listening to Lil Wayne?

SlowStee
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM

BUT...

me and you would get along great :thumbsup

PureSound15
07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
What's wrong with listening to Lil Wayne?

lol nothing. I listen to angry music when I lift. I don't like it when Lil Wayne happens to sync up with my Pantera and Atreyu.

Deggy
07-28-2009, 04:10 PM
lol nothing. I listen to angry music when I lift. I don't like it when Lil Wayne happens to sync up with my Pantera and Atreyu.

Ahhh, me and you might have to touch base. I may have some bands you'd be interested in checking out. Unless you already heard of them.

Rocket Power
07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Although I'll take them over the walking around in the locker room having conversations with my junk out guys. I'd ban any fucker who walks around without a towel on.

QFT
Note to junk out guys: NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOUR JUNK, PUT ON YOUR DRAWERS OR A TOWEL.
Last time I was at the Y, a dude was brushing his teeth with his junk out. Come on, you have time to get your toothbrush but not a towel or at least some drawers? WTF? No junk on the sink/counter please!

94greenbandit
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
QFT
No junk on the sink/counter please!

:wooo:rolf

Troutman
07-28-2009, 08:32 PM
workout at home. you can yell, throw, spit, puke, and damn near shit yourself without offending anybody. ive been working out at home for 5 years and have no desire to go back to a gym...for the above listed reasons

PureSound15
07-28-2009, 08:34 PM
workout at home. you can yell, throw, spit, puke, and damn near shit yourself without offending anybody. ive been working out at home for 5 years and have no desire to go back to a gym...for the above listed reasons

I'm jealous. I have no motivation to work out at home - or rather, it's too easy to quit and come upstairs.

I do realize that for most people it's the opposite - they have trouble getting themselves to go to the gym. Once I'm there though, I think that I make way more of it than I would at home.

lilws6
07-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I think having to go there is what motivates me. If i have to pay for it i'm gana use it. so far everyones been nice just got back from anouther 1hr session. We go in every other day so far just to get into a routine

SSLEVO
07-28-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm jealous. I have no motivation to work out at home - or rather, it's too easy to quit and come upstairs.

I do realize that for most people it's the opposite - they have trouble getting themselves to go to the gym. Once I'm there though, I think that I make way more of it than I would at home.

I think this is more common with people than you think. I have no desire to work out at my place, even if i had a full gym.

Like you said if it's a set task and you have to pay/drive there you are going to make the most of it. Not saying that i get to the gym more than 1-2 times a week though, LOL.