PDA

View Full Version : Learned something new today

Silver03SRT
07-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Apparently you cant dump mt.dew on your keyboard at work and expect it to still work. Now I have to use an old pos until I go to the store. I hit the letter A and all sorts of letters pop up and I hit the number sign and it brings the internet up and all sorts of letters.

94greenbandit
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Just get used to the new sequence of keys. Should make it interesting for a couple of days :D

Dasred
07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
You can try running it through the a dishwasher with no detergent or anything, then give it a few days to dry.
I've heard that work before, but haven't done it myself, so good luck.
Or just throw it out, keyboards are cheap.

BoosTT
07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I bet if you let it dry with the keys facing down, it'll work again.

BUT, the mt dew sounds like a coverup to why your keyboard is sticky! :rolf

Silver86
07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
You can try running it through the a dishwasher with no detergent or anything, then give it a few days to dry.
I've heard that work before, but haven't done it myself, so good luck.
Or just throw it out, keyboards are cheap.

ive done that... it works.

Myles
07-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Soda on keyboard = excuse for getting a better keyboard.

lordairgtar
07-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll bet he's much more careful about where he sets that soda next time, eh Myles?

Russ Jerome
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I learned a few years ago you cant drop cell phones in FL salt water.........also cant fool the Sprint store chick into saying your phone just "broke" and never got wet after she veiws the super secret water id sticker in the phone.

I also recently learned a 44yr old man cant drink Schnops on an empty stomach, bad deal.

xxsn0blindxx
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Keyboards are very basic, just remove the screws and pull the cover off. There will be a thin plastic sheet with metal traces inspect for any burned out traces, if you see any stop here and a buy a new keyboard. If there aren't any burned traces, clean the plastic sheet with a damp cloth or rubbing alcohol. Remove the PCB with the cable and clean that by flushing it with alcohol and blotting dry. The plastic parts can all be rinsed under the faucet. Dry the whole thing off as much as possible and then blow dry. Re-assembly and it should be good to go.

BoosTT
07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
On a side note: the keys pop on and off easily with a key, pen, or screw driver. Pop a few off and re-arrange them however you like. I myself, prefer the re-arrange the number keys. Make sure you can watch the person attempt to type on it.

-stew-
07-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I learned the other day that when the radiator cap blows off your car and douses you in hhot
Coolant your skin will turn colors, blisterN and you whole arm will hurt. And your fingers will tingle. I have not learned if this requires a trip to the doctor.

HITMAN
07-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I have just learned that some of you fucks aren't safe to be within 100 yards of... :flipoff:

Gregor
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
lol at hitman. Thats some funny shit right there.

That_Guy
07-28-2009, 10:33 PM
i learned the other day that the neighbor lady behind me is screwing the neighbor dude across the street from me. found that interesting

lilws6
07-28-2009, 11:21 PM
I learned the other day that when the radiator cap blows off your car and douses you in hhot
Coolant your skin will turn colors, blisterN and you whole arm will hurt. And your fingers will tingle. I have not learned if this requires a trip to the doctor.

i learned this about 3 years ago when coolant exploded out of my Snowmobile on my right side of my face. I also learned snow is you best friend after that!:thumbsup

lordairgtar
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
i learned the other day that the neighbor lady behind me is screwing the neighbor dude across the street from me. found that interesting
Are you like peeping through their window?:wooo We need pics!

RanJer
07-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Was it Throwback Mt Dew or the 'normal' version, this may cause a difference in result..

That_Guy
07-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Are you like peeping through their window?:wooo We need pics!

no ive been told about this by the dude across the road and his buddy. ive seen her walk over there a few times late late at night

lordairgtar
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
the dude across the road and his buddy.

Hmmmm, a Menage a Trois perhaps?:devil